Create Account

Rookies, want to get drafted?

So you are coming up on the next SMJHL draft. If you are like me, you've played and coached hockey. but simulation hockey is something completely new to you. I was very confused and honestly it took me the better part of a season to figure things out, even with help from my team and GM's. Those guys are here to help you and will do everything possible for you to succeed. This is a list entirely made by me to help you on your journey here.

1.Character/Player presence - You need to make your player memorable and it's not always about the TPE. Forum presence and activity will win you a lot more fans than the highest TPE. I was drafted to Texas two seasons ago based on those two facts alone. Would I like to outscore everyone but I don't always have that kind of time. Presence means a lot here, take advantage of it.

2.Media - My player is Rick James, yes based on that Rick James (cocaine is a hell of a drug). My media posts are usually based around his antics and I try to keep them light and flowing to not bore people. I do post factual/statistical media every once in a while, but I always try to post something people will remember even if it is just my teammates.

3.Have fun - This is supposed to be fun. It's not my job. Do I obsess over it sometimes? Yes, that's why I'm writing this now Smile Enjoy the surroundings, take it in, have good banter in the locker rooms. Don't be a shitstorm guy. That means conflict and trouble following you around. It's not worth it to be an internet badass. Permabans suck for you. Just don't do it.

I may write another article soon, but for now this is my short list if you want to have fun and be successful with your newly created player. Enjoy your stay!

I was a late free agent signing in the SMJHL and just from media exposure and activity alone I gained positive attention around the site, which lead to me getting drafted 10th in the SHL

So it's a celebration bitches, read Rick's article^

[Image: 2JcMUJm.png]

Quote:Originally posted by RainDelay@Feb 25 2016, 10:08 AM
I was a late free agent signing in the SMJHL and just from media exposure and activity alone I gained positive attention around the site, which lead to me getting drafted 10th in the SHL

Platoon

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

Quote:Originally posted by RainDelay@Feb 25 2016, 03:08 PM

Thanks. Just based on observation and what not.

Anybody else read the title and think of the Pimp My Ride theme?

<object width="460" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/i_o7mZOFqD4"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/i_o7mZOFqD4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="460" height="315"></embed></object>

[Image: SS19INy.jpg]

[Image: d9J5DHT.png]  [Image: 16PgOBm.png]

You got to pimp my rookie?

Quote:Originally posted by RHolder71@Feb 25 2016, 07:22 AM
You got to pimp my rookie?
Somebody write an article for this :lol:

Quote:Originally posted by Ballerstorm@Feb 25 2016, 03:24 PM

Somebody write an article for this :lol:
I want credit though. RJ got to get paid !

Quote:Originally posted by RHolder71+Feb 25 2016, 09:28 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1' id='QUOTE-WRAP'><tr><td>QUOTE (RHolder71 @ Feb 25 2016, 09:28 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->
I want credit though. RJ got to get paid ![/b]

I also want royalties for my creative property.

<!--QuoteBegin-RHolder71@Feb 25 2016, 09:22 AM
You got to pimp my rookie?[/quote]

You wanna be a player?
But your skills ain't fly?
You gotta hit us up son
To get a pimped out rookie

You gotta pimp my rookie
DAMN Right
You gotta pimp my rookie

[Image: SS19INy.jpg]

[Image: d9J5DHT.png]  [Image: 16PgOBm.png]

NEEDLES, SAUSAGES & EGGS

you need only this 3 things

Chris McZehrl III - Anchorage Armada
[Image: McZehrlIII.jpg?ex=667c5d3b&is=667b0bbb&h...3f94d487d&]

Challenge Cup Wins:
S18 - Riot Seattle Riot (with Chris McZehrl)*
S23 - Wolfpack New England Wolfpack (with Chris McZehrl)*
S27 - Dragons Calgary Dragons (with VLAD McZehrl)**
S34 - Rage Manhattan Rage (with VLAD McZehrl)
S37 - Jets Winnipeg Jets (with VLAD McZehrl)
S46 - Stampede Buffalo Stampede (with GOD McZehrl)*

*first ever Challenge Cup of Franchise History
**first ever Challenge Cup win after 0-3 in Finals Series

Four Star Cup Wins:
S24 - Whalers Vancouver Whalers (with VLAD McZehrl)
S39 - Scarecrows St. Louis Scarecrows (with GOD McZehrl)

SHL Hall of Fame Members:
S24 - Chris McZehrl Platoon Panthers Dragons Riot Wolfpack *
(GP: 764 | G: 322 | A: 461 | P: 783 | +/-: +109)
S40 - VLAD McZehrl Dragons Riot Rage Stampede Jets Wolfpack *
(GP: 653 | G: 333 | A: 361 | P: 694 | +/-: +141)

*1st Ballot Hall of Famer

small note: GOD McZehrl played at first as Defender and later as Forward!

Quote:Originally posted by Chris-McZehrl@Feb 25 2016, 05:48 PM
[b]NEEDLES, SAUSAGES & EGGS

you need only this 3 things[/b]
Yeahthat