Create Account

Ty Justice - Pre SMJHL Prospect Tournament Presser (S30) Ty Justice

First Media Article
Ready for Grading
1009 Words

<div align="center">[Image: 1297545306051_ORIGINAL.jpg?quality=80&si...6633121812]</div>

Ty Justice takes a break from practice to talk to a couple media outlets

Hey guys, I just found out who I'm going to be playing with in the prospect tourny, so if you have any questions about the prospect tourney, or the SMJHL draft or anything else for that matter, feel free, and as always, thanks for coming.

Interview Why should a GM draft you over other defensive prospects?

Not to discredit any of the other prospects, but I think I have an on ice work ethic that I like to focus on every game. I like to focus defensively first and foremost but I know that passing up to my forwards on the breakout and keeping a good blue line presence in the offensive zone is also important in my game.

Interview What are you looking for from a team knowing you will likely play in the SMJHL 2-3 seasons?

I'm not looking for much, just want to play hockey with a good organization. I'm not familiar with the SMJHL entirely yet but I don't have any doubts about any team in the league.

Interview Are you looking for top line minutes, or willing to work your way up to those minutes?

I don't have a problem with starting on some sheltered minutes. I'm not looking for handouts or anything, I want to earn every minute I'm given. I work on my endurance a fair amount so I can be a dependable player on the back end, but I understand that I have to work my way up.

Interview How is your locker room presence and in the SMJHL community?

I try to be an active member of the locker room, it's a team game and I know that it's important to build a relationship with the teammates in the room. Developing a leadership presence in the locker room is definitely a goal I want to work towards as well, even though it's going to take time.

Interview When do you think you will be drafted?

Aha, I haven't put much thought into when I'll be drafted. I mean, it's definitely going to feel great to hear my name called somewhere in the first round, but hearing my name get called anywhere is going to be a good feeling for me.

Interview How was your short time playing for the Scarecrows?

It was great, it was really fun to dabble in the playoffs and really get a taste for the league. Unfortunately the run was a little short lived but it was a blast nonetheless. There's still a few teammates on that team who are going to be drafted to the SHL right away, and it's going to be very fun following that storyline.

Interview Have you considered what it would be like to go back to the Crows full time?

It's crossed my mind a few times, and if I was lucky enough to have St. Louis call my name on draft day I would be overjoyed to come back and try finishing what we started last year. Obviously I'd be thrilled to play for any team that would do me the honor of calling my name on draft day, but I'll always have a soft spot for the Crows.

Interview What do you look to improve on going into your first full SMJHL season?

I want to be able to handle the puck a little better. I feel like I'd be doing my team a lot of favors if I could hold the puck at the blue line with the finesse and smooth control we see out of a lot of the really offensive savvy defensemen. That being said, defense is and always will be priority number one.

Interview What have you enjoyed most about the SMJHL?

Haven't been a part of it long enough to really develop an opinion, but playing games and being a part of a great group of guys is what I really enjoyed about the league so far. There's also been quite a few people who haven't hesitated to help me along the way if I ever needed anything.

Interview Will you be tuning in live on draft day?

+Absolutely. It's going to be an exciting event no matter what happens.

Interview Any teams that you would prefer to not be drafted too?

Absolutely not. If a team calls my name because they feel I can help the team's success, then best believe I'm gonna go there and do everything I can! If it's a losing team I get drafted to, I'm gonna do what I can to help build something. If it's a winning team I get drafted to, I'm gonna do what I can to help contribute something.

Interview What kind of Defenseman to you intend to be?

I want to be a guy that can go out there and play 25 minutes in a game where the team really needs it. I want to be the guy that physically beats down on teams in a seven game playoff series. I want to be the guy that makes a clutch defensive play late in the game that the team rallies around. I'm sure there will come a time where I'm ready to take that step, but I know there's a lot more work that needs to be done.

Interview Do you think you have a shot at winning the Quilha Agante Trophy Given To the Top Defenseman

Jeez. that would be a solid achievement. That's certainly a long term goal I'd be looking to pursue, but I'm just focusing on my work now, trying not to get to ahead of myself. I have my sights set on the team trophies more anyway!

Interview What are your goals for your first season in the SMJHL?

I hope to backstop my team to a deep playoff run. Whether I'm playing 10 minutes, 15 minutes, or 20 minutes a night, I just want to get the team some wins. Not as concerned about personal achievements, but I'm gonna hope I can land about 15 assists this season. Maybe even pepper some goals in there too!

artermis,Feb 2 2017, 04:11 PM Wrote:9gag pretty lit tho

Why should a GM draft you over other defensive prospects?

What are you looking for from a team knowing you will likely play in the SMJHL 2-3 seasons?

Are you looking for top line minutes, or willing to work your way up to those minutes?

How is your locker room presence and in the SMJHL community?

When do you think you will be drafted?

Interview How was your short time playing for the Scarecrows?
Interview Have you considered what it would be like to go back to thew Crows full time?
Interview What do you look to improve on going into your first full SMJHL season?
Interview What have you enjoyed most about the SMJHL?
Interview Will you be tuning in live on draft day?
Interview Any teams that you would prefer to not be drafted too?
Interview What kind of Defenseman to you intend to be?
Interview Do you think you have a shot at winning the Quilha Agante Trophy Given To the Top Defenseman
Interview What are your goals for your first season in the SMJHL?

[Image: smileys-money-702364.gif]

[Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: qp9sjzw.png] [Image: QPhJjnn.png] [Image: cz7Q1LV.png] [Image: RapExQb.png] [Image: sXGJ3Yn.png]
-----
[Image: aasdAwo.png]

Canada Update Thread | Player Page Canada

Thanks for your questions boys! I think I'm gonna wrap it up there with 1009 words!

Ready for grading!

artermis,Feb 2 2017, 04:11 PM Wrote:9gag pretty lit tho