Create Account

JR's End of Season Mock Draft Where will you go? no one knows!

Code:
Ready for grading. 1614 words.

To go along with my draft preferences, I also wanted to make a mock draft for the first round because, well, money. This doesn’t take into account any potential trades and is using today’s standings. I’m also Stealing Justice’s idea and not including myself in the mock draft.

Stampede 1. Buffalo Stampede: Jean-Luc Reflieux – C (<a href='index.php?showuser=1290' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-10'>Toonces</a>)

Buffalo isn’t in a very good spot. With the first overall pick, they need to make sure that the player they draft is in it for the long haul and won’t disappear in the near future. Jean Luc gives buffalo that and so much more. A recreate, Reflieux has the experience to become a successful SHL player and he has the bank account to support his training for quite some time to come. Should he go to buffalo, he would instantly be a franchise player and would play a critical role in their rebuild right away. There are a lot of players that deserve the first overall pick but Jean-Luc Rflieux is without a doubt Buffalo’s safest pick

Panthers 2. Los Angeles Panthers: Frans Erichsen – W (<a href='index.php?showuser=2175' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>odinpbh</a>)

Los Angeles is a team struggling to string together some wins and they have already been eliminated from the playoff race. A big problem for Los Angeles has been creating offense. They are second last in goals scored and they have a -47 goal differential. Frans Erichsen could easily be the solution to the Panthers problems. In his rookie season, Erichsen leads ALL SMJHL players in points with 52 and 1 game left to play. He also has a league leading +20 plus minus, suggesting scoring isn’t the only thing this dynamic winger can do. At the end of the day, L.A needs offense and Erichsen can give them just that.

Platoon 3. West Kendall Platoon (from Manhattan): Ty Justice – D (<a href='index.php?showuser=2162' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>Justice</a>)

With the third overall pick, West Kendall is in a position where they should pick the best player available. That player is Ty Justice. Enjoying a successful rookie campaign with the Kelowna Knights, Justice has quickly become a staple on the Knights blue line and an active contributor in the community. He boasts some impressive defensive stats with 39 blocked shots and 66 hits and he has managed to keep a positive plus minus at +4. While West Kendall may not need another Defenseman in their lineup next season, they can’t pass over justice if he were to fall to third.

4. VOID

Jets 5. Winnipeg Jets: Conklin Owen – W (<a href='index.php?showuser=2206' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>Phobospwns</a>)

Looking at winnipeg’s roster, it’s clear to see that they may favor drafting a winger at 5th overall. Their most recent call ups dating back to season 25 include 4 centers, 3 defensemen and 2 goalies. Winnipeg’s current wingers are getting up there in age and it would be nice to know that they have a promising elite talent in the cupboard. Conklin Owen was picked up in free agency by the Vancouver Whalers and he quickly became an integral part of their young core. He insures he always has a steady cash flow to keep up with his training and he contributes regularly to the community. He may be a little of a late bloomer, but by the time Winnipeg needs him, Owen will have had a year or two to develop and is sure to be an impact player.

Wolfpack 6. New England Wolfpack: Kimmo Lokinen – G (<a href='index.php?showuser=1125' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>Nate</a> the Great)

The New England Wolf pack are a decent team that aren’t far from being a good team. They have quite a few high caliber veterans and a handful of good prospects in the pipeline. This leads me to believe that the Wolfpack will select Kimmo Lokinen with the 6th pick in the SHL draft. Lokinen is a goaltender with an extremely high ceiling but as we all know, it sometimes takes a while for goalies to reach their full potential. NEW currently has a few aging goalies and it may be a good idea for them to consider adding some talent between the pipes, even if they don’t need Lokinen’s services immediately.

Stars 7. Toronto North Stars: Viatcheslav Orlov – D (<a href='index.php?showuser=1322' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-45'>mpc</a>)

Orlov is a player that may go before 7th overall, depending on team needs. If he isn’t off the board by the time Toronto’s pick comes around, he would be an absolute steal for the North Stars’ blue line. Toronto has a few aging D and they several good forwards and some of them quite young. Having a defensive prospect for a few years from now would definitely put Toronto in a position to replace one of their older guys when they inevitably retire or get traded.

:admirals: 8. Portland Admirals (from Texas): Kelly Rivet – D (<a href='index.php?showuser=2179' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-45'>Snuffalupagus</a>)

Portland is in the middle of a rebuild and results would say that they are doing a pretty good job at it. Over the last few seasons, the admirals have added some talented and committed forwards to their extremely young core. It would make sense to me if they look to add a defenseman with their first (of many) picks in this year’s draft. Kelly Rivet is a great all around defenseman who has proven his worth in his rookie season with the St Louis Scarecrows. Through 49 games, Rivet has 29 points which is good for second in rookie scoring among Scarecrows behind league leading Frans Erichsen. Don’t let his point total fool you, Rivet is also a valuable asset in his own zone, blocking 61 shots and dishing out 79 hits.

Riot 9. Seattle Riot: Colin Banning – D (<a href='index.php?showuser=2199' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>morphinecv</a>)

Seattle has managed to put together a very solid team. They are stacked down the middle and have a wealth of decent-to-great wingers. Although they added Quinn Stevenson recently, I would look for Seattle to add another defenseman to their prospect list. They currently have quite a few blue liners that are starting to get up there in age and Colin Banning would easily be able to succeed them in a few years. I wouldn’t be surprised to see a Stevenson-Banning pairing a few years down the road

Stampede 10. Buffalo Stampede (from West Kendall): Ace Dafoe – G (<a href='index.php?showuser=177' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>Ace</a>)

Seeing as Buffalo picked a center with their first pick in this mock draft, I think their next area of concern would be in net. The Stampede currently only have 1 goalie over 350 TPE, and that’s a ridiculously low benchmark to go by. Ace Dafoe is another recreate who knows how to build a winning player and I expect him to be high on Buffalo’s draft list if they don’t go for Lokinen with their first pick. Adding him now would give them a capable backup next season and Dafoe would quickly find himself as the Stampede’s starting goalie. Buffalo could go for a defensemen with this pick depending on who is left, but considering the picks made in this mock draft I think Ace Dafoe is their best choice.

Dragons 11. Calgary Dragons: Nucky Toohoots – C (@Gaia Mormont)

Much like Orlov, Nucky Toohoots is a player that may go much higher than 11th. I’m actually kind of surprised myself to see him at 11 on my list, but if it were to happen it would be an absolute steal for Calgary. Toohoots is third in rookie scoring and would be an amazing addition to an already stacked Dragons lineup. While Calgary does have several established centers, they could easily slot Toohoots on the wing.

Steelhawks 12. Hamilton Steelhawks: Steven Stamkos jr – C (@Stamkos Is My Dad)

Hamilton is a team that is really close to being really, really good. As I mentioned in my destination preference article, they are a little week down the middle after Griffin Simmons and Dean Colt (@Private Snowball) and could benefit from drafting a center. Stamkos jr has proven to be a very valuable prospect in a very short amount of time. His draft stock shot up very quickly and he is pacing himself to last a while. Hamilton could really have themselves a career player with the 12th pick.

Blizzard 13. Edmonton Blizzard: Frontdoor McGraw – W (<a href='index.php?showuser=2196' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>McGraw</a>)

Let’s make one thing clear: Frontdoor McGraw shouldn’t be drafted this late in the first round. He seems to be purposely trying to fly under the radar not to raise his draft stock but he is a player that will go in the first round of the draft. Edmonton does have a few aging forwards as well so adding an offensively gifted winger such as McGraw would be some good forward thinking for them. As it stands though, they are pretty stacked and they don’t particularly need a player in any position. Expect the Blizzard to take the best available player, regardless of position at 13.

:admirals: 14. Portland Admirals (from Minnesota): Theodor Graham - D (<a href='index.php?showuser=1725' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-10'>Hoovuh</a>)

Portland wraps up the first round of the draft and Theodor Graham would be a great piece to add to the Admiral’s rebuild. I’ve shared a locker room with Theodor since he is my GM in Vancouver and he really is a great guy to have around. I can see him fitting in well in any locker room and he has a lot of knowledge when it comes to sim hockey. If he were to end up in Portland, they would definitely have themselves a franchise defenseman.

Writing this up really has made me realize how incredibly deep the first 2 rounds of this draft will be. There are a lot of players I wanted to put in this list that I couldn’t and I think that teams are going to find themselves some steals in the second round. Good luck to all the rookies that will be part of the draft, I for one am really looking forward to it.

Can't complain about being #1 :D

Nice mock. I think that Dafoe will be the first goaltender selected. I also feel that Colin Banning and defintely Blake Battle will be drafted high.

Cheers

[Image: Piastri2.png?ex=65ba64d4&is=65a7efd4&hm=...462889f09&]
[Image: or8VMxO.gif]

#snubbed

[Image: hallsy.png]

GOAT 3rd rounder

LAP got Minnesota's pick from Portland btw, so Teddy would be heading to LAP

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]
[Image: KPt6Yuu.png]

Justice will go before 3.

Quote:Originally posted by 701 aka YUNG GUAP GOD@Jun 17 2016, 12:13 AM
Justice will go before 3.
I think you're right. I would be surprised to see him go past 2, I just thought erichsen was a good fit for lap. Either would be awesome for them really.

Needs more Mammoths TBH

[Image: 6Xj1IWG.png]

Player Page || Update Thread || Signatures

[Image: PoQh1Wx.png] [Image: rmu9FS0.png][Image: VxdFjLy.png][Image: QKcW3J4.png] [Image: RoypPRF.png]

Quote:Originally posted by JR95@Jun 17 2016, 12:18 AM

I think&nbsp; you're right. I would be surprised to see him go past 2, I just thought erichsen was a good fit for lap. Either would be awesome for them really.
I'm not opposed to anyone in this first round tbh.

I'd be shocked to go 5th overall with so many high quality prospects still on the board, but I damned sure wouldn't be complaining!

[Image: tZTGSGj.png]
[Image: 2AFxw6o.png]

Quote:Originally posted by ThatDamnWalrus@Jun 17 2016, 01:24 AM
Needs more&nbsp; Mammoths TBH
nah

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]
[Image: KPt6Yuu.png]

I don't think I will be a first rounder. I didn't want to do the PGS and burn myself out so I fell behind in TPE a bit. I am okay with that though, I want to be here for the long haul and not overwhelm myself with trying to get every last TPE.

Thanks for the mention though!

[Image: zeus-stom-draft-night.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Stamkos Is My Dad@Jun 18 2016, 11:33 AM
I don't think I will be a first rounder. I didn't want to do the PGS and burn myself out so I fell behind in TPE a bit. I am okay with that though, I want to be here for the long haul and not overwhelm myself with trying to get every last TPE.

Thanks for the mention though!
I didnt do the PGS for the same reason. I think GMs will realise that and it shouldnt afect your draft stock too much. Theyd rather have someone around for a while who is consistent than a flash in pan in terms of activity/updating. You've been consistant since you've been here and even if you dont go in the first round, I still think you're worth a first round pick.