Create Account

Pre Playoff Interview with Brennan Kennedy

Hello and welcome to you all. Claude Bonhomme back here. Today we've caught up with Montreal Militia rookie Brennan Kennedy.

Interview What are your thoughts on your first season in the league?

Well, individually I'm not to happy with the way things went. I expected a bit more out of myself to be honest, but I think my first time playing on North American ice may of had a bit more of an impact on my game then I planned. But I'm working hard on different aspects of my game and taking any advice I can get from my coach and teammates. As a team, I'm very happy with how we've played. We struggled early on, that's no secret, but we were able to turn it around and I think we got hot at the right time going into playoffs.

Interview Ah yes playoffs, another first. The Militia have been matched up with the St. Louis Scarecrows. How do you think your teams stack up against each othe?

There's some nerves going into the series for sure. Always gonna be some nerves with your different firsts through your career. As for how we match up, I think it's actually a really even one. Looking at our games in the regular season against each other, you'd swear it was almost like a team was cloned and played itself. We are close in basically every category with each other. I just think the series is going to end up going to who wants it more and can outlast the other. I'm really looking forward to the series and hope to provide some entertaining games for the fans and maybe even get my first career playoff point.

Interview How's the team preparing for the series?

Well, pretty much the opposite of the Scarecrows from what I've seen on different social media from their player's. We've been working hard in practice not really taking a day off. Been keeping both goalies warm as I think we might go with a 2 goalie system for the playoffs. Really just been like any other practice, working on different plays coach draws up, breakouts, special teams. Nothing to out of the ordinary.

Interview According to different players twitters, the Scarecrows seem to be taking this series lightly. What are your thoughts on that?

Honestly I think it's a mistake. We weren't expected to do much all season, but we're figuring each other out and we're playing some of the best hockey lately that we have all season. While some people may think it's an upset if we win, I think we have what it takes to get past the Crows.

Interview Even though playoffs are the main thing in your mind I'm sure, any thoughts in the upcoming SHL draft?

Ya, I mean you're always thinking about something like that in the back of your mind. I'm trying to focus on the playoffs, but I've thought about the draft for sure. Right now I think I'm ranked around 2nd - 3rd round. Mainly my not so stellar season has dropped me a bit as I feel players around my caliber are late 1st, early 2nd rounders. Hopefully I can maybe up my draft stock a bit with these playoffs.

Interview Any particular teams you'd like to join?

Honestly no, I think every team has its own pros and cons. I'll be happy just to get drafted and make the best of wherever I go. I just want to prove to whichever GM takes me that he made the right decision.

Interview Any closing thoughts?

Just wanna say thanks for having me, always a blast to do these interviews with you. Hopefully the next time you're interviewing me, I'll be a 4 Star Cup champ.

[Image: Bk1689.gif]

Quote:Originally posted by bk1689@Aug 29 2016, 06:12 PM
Hopefully the next time you're interviewing me, I'll be a 4 Star Cup champ.

I sure hope so! Towel Militia

[Image: 2JcMUJm.png]

Militia

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia