Create Account

A season out - A look at the S33 SHL draft class

Quote:354 words, 816 in google doc for 1170 words

With all but 3 of the draftees still playing in the SMJHL, it's a fair comparison to look right now at how these players performed. All coming off their rookie seasons, they looked to step into major roles on their teams this season. Some have been inactive since the draft, some fell off at some point in the season.

A quick legend for the chart:
Red text - hasn't updated
No fill - hasn't updated since draft
Yellow fill - hasn't updated since season week 1 (or so, I don't actually remember when I did it)
Green fill - hasn't updated in the last week
Blue fill - fully updated to this week

S33 Draft Class TPE Gain Chart

It also includes everyone's stats from this season. The 3 SHL players are highlighted in blue.

Some things jump out at you. 1. Yes, I did this because I FINALLY got to #1 TPE in my class. 2. Has anyone taken note of Charles Walker? GOD DAMN MAN. Might turn out to be the steal of the draft. Picked at #39 (recognize that number?) 3. Not many, but a few noteworthy inactive on the list. Walker and Titova get a pass really, but Ojala, Strathairn, Smirnov Light Jr, and Lahti are all fairly big names who had been updating pretty consistently up until the start of this season.

Biggest steal SO FAR
Charles Walker
Thaddeus Prince (but that was more out of positional need than anything)
Sebastian Thompson (for the same reason)
Halfdan Thorstein
Teddy Kesler
Dante Gallo

You could bundle in a lot of the guys at the top, and of course I want to say myself, but it's hard to call someone who still went in the first round. Langabeer and O'Rourke for the same deal.

While it's tough to call anyone busts at this point, there are some players who went pretty high and have since gone inactive.
Ryan Strathairn
Stuart Minkus
Otto Lahti
Olli Ojala

It's an interesting thing to look at, and also really I just like seeing myself as #1 and I'm jealous/mad that we lost to Kelowna.

[Image: symmetrik.gif]

Prince George Firebirds GM (S34-S36)
Toronto North Stars GM (S37-S43)
[Image: XtyrY3M.png]

What a steal

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]

lol tryhard

beasts

[Image: giphy.gif]

Oh shit son. Finally getting some damn respekt from this league

[Image: blurrybad.jpg] [Image: zomboy3.png]
Thank you Brandon, Fish, GeckoeyGecko, Karey, Kit, takethehorizon, and Ragnar for the sigs!
[Image: Pw202QP.jpeg]

Player Page || Update page

Quote:Originally posted by Zombiewolf@Mar 21 2017, 03:01 PM
Oh shit son. Finally getting some damn respekt from this league
put some respek on your name

[Image: 6Xj1IWG.png]

Player Page || Update Thread || Signatures

[Image: PoQh1Wx.png] [Image: rmu9FS0.png][Image: VxdFjLy.png][Image: QKcW3J4.png] [Image: RoypPRF.png]