Create Account

Sebastian Strange: Trash Talking and Playoffs

<div align="center">[Image: logan-couture-nhl-stanley-cup-playoffs-s...50x560.jpg]</div>

Hello,

Welcome to our Pre-Playoff interview with Los Angeles Panther forward, Sebastian Strange.

For those of you that don’t know back in Season 32 Sebastian Strange was the Aidan Richand Trophy (Breakout Star) award winner with an incredible 51 points. However the last two seasons have seen his production decline and some (see the snippet below) have even hinted that Sebastian is a one shot wonder and could be washed up.

Quote:Originally posted by ArGarBarGar@Jun 13 2017, 03:41 PM
[b]74. (S29) LW (Los Angeles Panthers) - Sebastian Strange || -15

Average Grade: 78.33

Past Seasons: S33-31, S34-59

Sebastian Strange comes at 74, youthful and exuberant, but having troubles living up to his 51 point season in S32. The Panthers have used him in multiple situations and line combinations, trying to get him back to his ways. S34 was at least a glimpse of it, where he scored 15 goals and 39 points, but something just seemed off about his play. Strange may just be one of those players who have a great season and then we never hear from them again.[/b]

However, unlike what was predicted above, in Season 35 Sebastian bounced back with his best career performance, even eclipsing his Season 32 award winning numbers.

Here is a glimpse of his numbers this season:

• 52 points (15th best in the league – 4th best for Right Wingers, 5th best for Left Wingers)
• 19.07 Average minutes per games (no one in the top 15 played less time per game)
• 1.09 points per 20 minutes played (3rd highest in the league, .01 behind 2nd)
• 26 goals (tied for 6th best in the league)
• 6 game tying goals (1st in the league)

Now regardless how good a season he had, it is unlikely he will win any awards, nor does he care, because he and the rest of the Los Angeles Panthers are playoff bound!

Welcome Sebastian!

Q: So, what do you think of articles like the above one that kind of wrote you off?

Sebastian: They piss you off a little to be honest, which is a good motivator. I mean these writers need to write lines to cash their cheque, but honestly a lot of them don’t put in the effort to be truly knowledgeable about your situation. Take for example, when he talks about the Panthers using me in “multiple situation and line combinations”, does he count for a move up or down a line as “multiple situations and line combinations”? Does he consider skillset mix, for example is there a passer on the line with a sniper, or anything that actually matters when it comes to how effective a line combination is on the ice? Or playing time? Or perhaps a crappy shooting percentage one year? Of course not, because those aren’t “sexy” things to talk about, its about goals, points, the big ticket items everyone understands along with a little trash talking. Now don’t get me wrong, players have bad years too, my point is there could be a lot more detail and thought put into why a player is under performing, which often does not happen.

Q: So what would you want to say to writers like that who consider you basically washed up?

Sebastian: Don’t ever count me out, or dismiss what I do for my team. If you look at a recent recap of the S29 draft class, I am way ahead of the rest of my draft class and that’s no slight on them, its just that I usually, except for today and this article, don’t make a lot of noise and I just put my head down and plug away. However, I have pride in how I play and what I want to bring to my team and when anyone doubts or undermines that it pisses me off and when that happens i send Foster after them. :lol:

Q: Well it’s the perfect time to be on fire and fires up, heading into your playoff match against the Portland Admirals, what do you think you need to do to win the series?

Sebastian: We need to play our game. Period. In the last 10 games, I think we were 8-2 and tops when it came to power rankings down the stretch, so we just need to be patient and capitalize on our chances. Also in our 6 matches this year, we won 4 and lost 2, so we have shown if we play our style of hockey, we can win against them. That being said, they have a good defensive team, so we can’t get rattled if we’re not scoring early and as often as we would like. I would anticipate a lot of 1 goal games.

Q: How do you compare both teams? Strength and Weaknesses?

Sebastian: Well if you go by the number, we are slightly more offensive and they are slightly more defensive, however we stack up really good against each other and neither team has any glaring weaknesses. We know what’s on the line, I mean these guys were in the finals last season, we know they are good, but we’re no slouch either, to be honest it going to come down to which team wants it more.

Q: So, lets talk team and the Los Angeles Panthers, who are the difference makers?

Sebastian: Pick any guy on that team and you have a difference maker. Haas can own a game himself…3rd in goals against and save percentage this season. Crutchfield can dominate the game on the blueline with great passes, crushing hits and his always consistent defensive play, Reynolds is our leader offensively, being equally able to dish a sweet pass or put it in the back of the net, Herzog from the third line is a difference maker with 38 points, Foster and Komarov lay their bodies and fists on the line each night, so we can play our game without looking over our shoulders. I could go on King, Kekkonen, JLR, Cunningham, Ruutu, Cahill, Leetch and others make a difference each night, with a timely goal, hit, pass or blocked shot. Our team is deep with talent which is awesome, because even if one or two of us have a off night, someone else steps up.

Q: You’ve been in the playoffs before, what is one piece of advice you give others?

Sebastian: Don’t expect the regular season to duplicate itself. I’ve had good season and in the playoff fallen flat and the opposite, that’s why having a deep team is so important, as opponents can always shut one guy down, so we have to count on each other, we are a band of brothers out there and knowing everyone in the locker room is going to give 110% and have your back is all that matters. We win together, or we lose together, it won’t be because we didn’t give it our all.

Thanks Sebastian and good luck in your playoff series against the Admirals!

~1000 words, taking out ArGarBarGar’s quote (1100 words with it in)

Aidan Richard is the busto trophy, aka you did something good once. bye

Fuckin ready for the playoffs to start!

Nice write-up. Strange was our best offensive player down the stretch (shoutout Jaxson Reynolds) - I wouldn't be surprised to see Sebastian light it up this post-season!

Cheers
Panthers

[Image: Piastri2.png?ex=65ba64d4&is=65a7efd4&hm=...462889f09&]
[Image: or8VMxO.gif]

Strange is definitely not a one-hit wonder. Keep up the good work man! Smile

Panthers

[Image: cWxBbhu.png]
Sig by Wasty and Copenhagen.
Former GM: [Image: bhn88m.png]
[pbhfx]

[/pbhfx]
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png] | [Image: gs89eGV.png] |  [Image: gdppv5N.png]
Affiliates:[Image: 2ugjkte.jpg] [Image: bhn88m.png] [Image: e8s6jq.png] Former Affiliates: [Image: xaoosh.png]

Good to see you prove me wrong and have a career year!

Keep it up!

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

:admirals:

[Image: fm4oNHu.png]    Aurora  norway  Raptors     [Image: YHC5qMO.png]
[Image: 47986_s.gif]

Strange is a beast, I love having you in LAP Cheers you're killing it!

[Image: NiclasWastlund26.gif]
#40 Niclas Wastlund - W - VANCOUVER WHALERS Whalers / MINNESOTA MONARCHS Monarchs
[Image: vlPUU9v.png][Image: ammBPLt.png][Image: rnZeas5.png][Image: V9MXpXR.png]

Nice work!

Lets kick those Portlandians out!

Panthers