Create Account

Krüger - Exit Interview

Ready for Grading:

WC: 1155

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finn Krüger stands in front of his locker, Rockies ballcap fitted neatly over his messy hair. The usual smile is replaced with bitterness and contempt.

“Finn, a few questions?”

“Sure. go ahead.” He’s very clearly perturbed.

“So, that definitely wasn’t the way you wanted the season to end.”

“Of course not, no kidding. That’s about as embarrassing an end to a season as it can possibly get. I already know I’m going to get a lot of flak from my friends in Vancouver and in St. Louis.”

“Take us through your thought process at the end of Game Four.”

“Not too hard, honestly. It starts and ends with ‘That was so embarrassing that I’m considering shacking up in the training facility for the entire summer and not coming out until the regular season.’ It was probably the worst feeling I’ve had in a very long time. I can’t say I’ve ever felt disappointment like that. Losing in overtime honestly only made it worse. I would’ve rather lost in regulation, where at least there wasn’t some glimmer of hope that we could extend it to five.”

“The Mammoths definitely played decent games, but what about Vancouver could you not stop? What about their game proved to be your kryptonite?”

“I wish I could tell you. I think it just comes down to them playing a far better game than us. Their offense was more aggressive than ours. Their defence was more shutdown than ours. Murray is arguably the best goaltender in the SMJHL right now. Their special teams blew ours out of the water--every aspect of their game was better than ours during this series. Game three is the best example, they were up 6-1 and we only just barely managed to battle back to 6-4. Didn’t really matter how hard we were working because they were working twice as hard. That was the general feeling during the whole series. It’s hard to beat a team that’s outworking you in every category. Like I said, it’s just downright embarrassing and that’s all I can think to say.”

“How do you feel about your performance during the postseason. You clearly had a better run than your rookie year, but did you play up to the standard that you wanted?”

“No, not really. I expected a lot more out of myself than I got and I think my lack of presence was probably a part of the issue that we had in these four games. I wasn’t playing up to the standard I set in the regular season and it was clearly visible. Maybe if I’d managed to be a bit more present in the scoring plays during this series, we might’ve taken it to five or six. Maybe seven. But I did nothing and I have nothing to show for it.”

“Thoughts on your opponents throughout the postseason?”

“They’re all great people and I wish them nothing but luck in the coming seasons. I’m sure it had to feel sort of good for Hagan to beat his old team in the first round and considering they knocked us out last year, it was fun to do the same to them this year. The St. Louis series is still some of the most mind-boggling hockey I’ve played to date. Game Seven was an unbelievable two hours of hockey against some of the best players in the SMJHL--Crossfit, Garrett, Auston, Wagner, you name it, those guys were some of our stiffest competition. We gave them a hell of a fight and we walked away from it with a finals appearance. I wish I could say we gave Vancouver the same fight we gave St. Louis, but as the score sheets clearly show, that wasn’t the case. We came into this series and they walked all over us. They played an amazing four games, we just couldn’t muster the energy to fight back it seems. For that, I’m sorry to the Colorado fans. I wish we could’ve given you a better final.”

“Plans for the offseason?”

“I’m going to spend some time in Germany with family, maybe with a few of the rookies from this season--I know that Oliver Konig is off galavanting around the world, perhaps I’ll have to give him a call and see if I can’t hop on board for a week or so. I’m going to play some golf with my friends, I’m going to get some drinks… And then I’m going to do nothing but train. I wasn’t good enough to win last year, I wasn’t good enough to win this year, but I’ll always be trying to get there. I want that Four-Star Cup, I think I’ve made that clear as day.”

“Are you planning to stay down for one more season or are the Platoon looking to call you up?”

“I’m honestly not entirely sure. I know that I’d like to stay in the SMJHL for one more season, but if management in West Kendall determines that they need my talents or would like to bring me up to the show, then I’m definitely not going to complain about it. Having spent a bit of time with the players on the Platoon, it’s definitely an environment that I’m ecstatic to be a part of eventually, and if the day where I become a full-timer comes sooner rather than later then I’m definitely going to take the opportunity.”

“Any words of advice to the rookies that are getting drafted into the SHL in the coming offseason? Anything for those who are getting drafted into the SMJHL this season?”

“To all of my friends who are getting drafted by one of the SHL teams, I hope you’re prepared for whatever comes. Everything about the SHL is bigger, better and a hell of a lot of fun. You’re going to meet some great people through it--hell, you might even end up on the same SMJHL team as some of your current teammates. I know that Zbynek and I are both Platoon prospects and that’s an awesome feeling. To everyone who is coming into the SMJHL this season, I’ll tell you the same thing I told all of the rookies last season: I hope you’re ready for the time of your life. Every second spent in this league is one worth cherishing… even if it means cherishing the fact that you got swept in the finals. This is an opportunity that not everyone gets the chance to have, so I hope that you take it and you do something amazing with it.”

“Thanks for your time, Finn, and good luck in the offseason.”

“Yeah, thanks.”

<div align="center">----</div>

Krüger turns back to his locker and grabs a couple of things, stuffing some cash in his pockets and grabbing his jacket. The keys to a compact car rattle in his pocket as he heads out to the parking lot and starts the drive home. It’s going to be a long summer.

[Image: MvfRxO2.png]
sigs by me bitch

Tough loss big guy, I was rooting for you:

[Image: 67DTiA6.png]

Quote:Originally posted by gfridge@Jul 24 2017, 01:17 PM

Very nice banner dude

Krugs,
You're awesome and this was good read. Selfishly hope you get 1 more in Colorado.
If you stay up in the 'Show' best of luck in 'MY HAMI'.

Quote:Originally posted by gfridge@Jul 24 2017, 12:17 PM

Damn man, that's an awesome banner

PatriotesUsaWhalers

[Image: CampinKiller.gif]

Congrats on a great season Adam! Killed it on the blue line this year, making our draft class proud!

Stampede Citadelles  [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]  Citadelles Stampede
[Image: goilers.gif]

Great season @Colorado who showed tons of heart.
Another great read <a href='index.php?showuser=2587' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-17'>adamantium</a>!

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

Quote:Originally posted by gfridge@Jul 24 2017, 10:17 AM

Fridge looks great BUT, pretty sure that's B.C. Place on the left so that ain't Denver.

Love to everyone who left a comment. Y'all are the greatest. Looking forward to next season. <a href='index.php?showuser=2585' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>Coach Biz</a> <a href='index.php?showuser=2582' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-30'>goilers</a> <a href='index.php?showuser=2651' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>gfridge</a> <a href='index.php?showuser=925' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>Ghostspeed</a>

sigs by me bitch

Quote:Originally posted by Ghostspeed@Jul 24 2017, 01:05 PM

Fridge looks great BUT, pretty sure that's B.C. Place on the left so that ain't Denver.

Oh yeah, that's the Vancouver skyline as a fuck you to the Whalers.

Now it's double hurty.

Grats, adam. You can come up (down?) to WKP anytime you like just let me know.

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

You guys had a spectacular post season and you should be proud of that as well as your individual performance. Ive said it elsewhere on the site but you guys played a lot better than the final result of our series would suggest. Every game was close and you guys pushed OT on us a few times. Thats something not a lot of teams could do in the last stretch of the season; we were 25-4-1 in our last 30 games including our 9 playoff games.

As for the WKP side I cant wait to see you around the LR/discord more!

Quote:Originally posted by Bojo+Jul 24 2017, 02:06 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1' id='QUOTE-WRAP'><tr><td>QUOTE (Bojo @ Jul 24 2017, 02:06 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Grats, adam. You can come up (down?) to WKP anytime you like just let me know.[/b]
I'm going to have to do some serious thinking about that. I know I've thanked you a few times already, Bojo, but again: thank you, a thousand times over.

<!--QuoteBegin-JR95@Jul 24 2017, 02:29 PM
You guys had a spectacular post season and you should be proud of that as well as your individual performance. Ive said it elsewhere on the site but you guys played a lot better than the final result of our series would suggest. Every game was close and you guys pushed OT on us a few times. Thats something not a lot of teams could do in the last stretch of the season; we were 25-4-1 in our last 30 games including our 9 playoff games.

As for the WKP side I cant wait to see you around the LR/discord more!
[/quote]
Much love, JR. :D I know I've already given you a bunch of congrats, but again, congrats on the cup. I'm gonna try to be more active in the WKP LR this season, whether I'm playing there or not!

sigs by me bitch

Great season buddy, Can't wait to see everybody play in the SHL in the seasons to come Cheers