Create Account

Underneath

Kelowna

So some interesting news out of Kelowna, not only has the team banned the video game Fortnite from being played, but Kelowna Knights captain Sanyi Kocsis has reportedly been going through some rumored difficult off-ice issues. Could the two be related?

Are you kidding me Alex? Those two events are completely separate. If you ever head out in downtown Kelowna on a Thursday, guess who's the main attraction at the bars? You guessed it, it's Sanyi Kocsis and his merry band of drinkers. For a guy who's been praised heavily for his on-ice maturity and leadership, it sure as hell doesn't translate that well off the ice.

It's probably Kelowna's best kept secret though, right Chandler?

Hahahaha, more like their worst kept secret. Listen, Kocsis is a party guy, he's a drinker, and who knows what else. The point is, this kid is a mess. His on-ice performance is mediocre at best, and his off-ice issues greatly outweigh his hockey value. If I were the general manager, it'd be a clean-up or pack up kind of situation.

Sanyi Kocsis sat in his Kelowna apartment's living room as he watched, dumbfounded, at the Sportsnet West talk show featuring Alex Tremblay and Sam Chandler. As the two hosts continued back and forth, discussing Kocsis's career seemingly right in front of him without remorse, Kocsis felt his hand tremble. It wasn't a lie that Kocsis and members of the Kelowna Knights enjoyed going out and hitting the bars and a few parties here and there, but to the point where it affected Kocsis's on-ice performance was an absolute lie. Kocsis's roommates, Nickolas Klaus and Nolan Sawchuk, and himself always partied and drank together, but usually kept it to a minimal as to not influence the incoming rookies too much.

No, it was something else that had been gnawing at Kocsis's mind for ages. As his trembles continued, Kocsis only looked at his hand before he stood up from the rundown couch that had come with the furnished apartment. Moving out of the living room and down a narrow hallway towards a cramped bathroom at the end of it, Kocsis flung open the door before staring at himself in the mirror. Since it was the Knights' day-off, the team was busy doing their own thing. Klaus and Sawchuk had gone out to brunch an hour or two ago with a few other teammates and their various significant others. Meanwhile, Kocsis had refused and instead opted to stay in, telling them that he was supposed to Facetime his parents.

That was a lie.

Instead, Kocsis had laid in his bed staring at the ceiling, trying to keep himself together. He felt worthless, even though the Knights had given him a significant role both on and off the ice. He felt sad, even though he had nothing to really be sad about. He felt lost, even though he had a purpose: to become a professional hockey player. Most importantly however, Kocsis felt that he had nothing to look forward to, even though his career had just started. All of these, coupled with a few missed practices, a number of angry confrontations from Head Coach Alexander Santos, and an overwhelming feeling of hopelessness, left Kocsis feeling isolated from what was supposed to be a tight-knit family of teammates.

He sighed, looking down at the sink and splashing cold water onto his face. This wasn't the first time he had skipped out on unofficial team get-togethers. Just last week, instead of heading out with rookie defensemen Karlstraße Scholz and Guy Zheng for a quick spin out to Whistler, Kocsis had opted to stay in once again, and say he wasn't feeling too good. What was wrong with him? He could be out there, enjoying his teammates' company and good times. Hell, he should be, he was the god damn team captain. What was a team get-together if the captain never showed up?

He heard the door slam and laughter, followed by somewhat excited chatter. Frantically, Kocsis dried his face before stepping out of the bathroom in time to see Sawchuk and Klaus walk into the apartment. As the three Knights took off their shoes and continued talking, Kocsis, instead of greeting them, briskly walked down the hallway and almost flung himself into his room, shutting the door behind him.

No one was allowed to see him like this. He needed to maintain the facade that he was the outgoing pretty boy from Sopron, Hungary, that he had maintained for almost 19 years now. He could hear them, his friends, his teammates, his brothers, talk and joke away.

Saw, I can't believe how many mimosas Shouta downed at brunch. Holy fuck that was hilarious.

Hey what can ya do? He saw "bottomless mimosas" and just went to town.

I really feel sorry for Konstie. He basically had to drag him out of the place, haha.

Kocsis could only listen to the conversation as he plunged his head into his pillow. He hated himself, he hated what he was doing. Part of him wanted to come out of the room, explain to the two how he was feeling, how he had been struggling for years with what he described "was his true self", and he wanted to ask them for help. Instead, he laid in his bed, eyes shot open as he laid on his back, staring at the dark blue ceiling. Breathing out, Kocsis tried to compose himself, but instead he blinked back tears as he wheeled his eyes shut.

What was he doing here? He should be back home, or maybe at university. He wasn't cut out to be a hockey player.

Hey, you think Kosher's done with Facetiming his rents?

Kocsis's eyes flashed open in panic.

No, no, they couldn't see him like this. He trembled as he sat on his head, rubbing his eyes and pushing away the few tears that had drifted down his face.

A quick rap on the door echoed in Kocsis's head as his head shot to the closed room door.

Yo man, you alive?

Kocsis, looking around hastily, grabbed his Macbook and tossed it on his bed before standing up.

Y-Yeah, I am.

His voice managed, almost cracking underneath the weight of what was truly happening to Kocsis.

Um, I dunno if you've eaten yet, but Saw 'n I brought home some food from brunch for ya. Figured you might as well partake in spirit, right?

Cool, thanks man. I'll, uh, I'll be, uh, out in a few.

Dumb. Dumb. You're dumb.

Those were his thoughts as he slowly opened the door and made his way to the kitchen. On the table, was a small, plastic takeout container, and right beside it was sitting a small, unopened bottle of Smirnoff Ice. At the table, Sawchuk sat in a chair, grinning at Kocsis before he motioned to the items.

Welcome back to the living Kosher. Didn't think we'd let you also be sober, right?

Behind Kocsis, Klaus gripped his shoulders.

There's a bottle of champagne in the fridge. We're having a round 2 here. LB, Justin, and Scottie are on their way.

Kocsis breathed as he looked at the alcohol, and the lukewarm gourmet omelette before he put on his best fake smile.

Let's go boys.

PLAYER | UPDATE
[Image: BBr47PN.png]

[Image: m9F8nRF.png]

obligatory "this wouldn't be happening if he didn't play fortnite in the first place"

PLAYER | UPDATE
[Image: BBr47PN.png]

[Image: m9F8nRF.png]

What's a guy gotta do to be invited for mimosas? Solid piece man, love it.

[Image: Katth.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]
Barracuda Germany Scarecrows Knights

[Image: cgv4vCv.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png] [Image: GATPRRX.png]
S50 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7
[Image: gNFVjT6.png]

Getting drunk on Mimosas? That's brutal.

Character Page RD- Quarterback
[Image: micool132.gif]

Retired players:
-Toki Wartooth
-Nathan Explosion btw
-Angus McFife XVIII

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

I'm always here if you need someone to talk to Benches

[Image: glutes2.gif]
Signatures by Vulfzilla, Jepox, Jess, rum_ham, Ragnar, and myself
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]
[Image: tkMQzhf.png] [Image: tdKmZA0.png]

This was heartbreaking to read, as someone who is in a helping profession IRL.

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

Take care man, the suns coming.

Great read, I've always thought you were one of the most talented writers on the site.

mennään pojat

[Image: Piastri2.png?ex=65ba64d4&is=65a7efd4&hm=...462889f09&]
[Image: or8VMxO.gif]