Create Account

Slade talks about recent SHL Draft

[Image: jeff-carter1.jpg]

Sam Slade Talks about the Recent SHL Draft

Last night Samuel Slade was at the SHL draft as a guest of draftee Pavel Vure, who went 25th to the Manhattan Rage. Slade talks to us about the excitement last night and how he thinks the NWJHL draft will compare.

Question: What was the atmosphere like at the S7 SHL draft last night?

SS: It was electric! I mean so intense, you could of cut some of the tension with a knife before the selections. I am really looking forward to this next year, but I was really happy to see Vure go to a quality organization like the Rage, good for him.

Question: Do you think the S7 NWJHL draft will compare to the SHL draft?

SS: I think the 1st round and possibly the 2nd round will be just as intense, as there are lots of high quality players available. It should be lots of fun.

Question: With all these high quality talents available, do you think all the NWJHL teams will get a solid prospect?

SS: Definately, i mean as long as they have a 1st round pick, each one of the 1st round picks in my opinion has proven they are leaders on and off the ice and have proven what they can do on the ice, so it's great for the NWJHL, as it should provide alot of competition in the S7 standings.

Question: It seems already these prospects are being targetted by NWJHL teams for the upcoming draft and depending how the S6 finals go, it could mean the difference on who gets picked when. Would you agree?

SS: For sure. There is loyalty to some of the picks and teams as they have history together, so they want to pair up, but that is the great thing about the draft, you just never know where you will end up and that is why i have an open mind and will happily go where ever i am picked. I just want to play.

Question: So back to the SHL draft, who do you think won the draft?

SS: I don't know, as i have some friends that went in the draft. I would like to say the Comets for drafting Armia and then some really solid d-men, but I also want to say the Rage for drafted Vure, who I think was a complete steal at 25th overall. No-one knows how hard this guy works and he will show them his skills soon enough, heck if he gets sent down to the NWJHL, we might even play with or against each other.

SS: Have a Great New Years everyone, i will be celebrating with some friends!

[Image: mike-richards-jeff-carter-drinking-drunk-girls.jpg]