Create Account

Finals, Offseason and Draft
(This post was last modified: 06-03-2019, 04:30 PM by EuroCap.)

RTE caught up with Sarantez in Dublin at The Brazen Head after returning home from Montreal after the SMJHL Finals.

RTE: Team went to game seven, but couldn't get it done. Are you proud of what the team has accomplished so far?

Sarantez: Yeah, I mean it is always tough to lose and still not 100% over that, but I mean we went to the Finals, so it is good. Tough to lose the last two games like that when up in the series, but it is what it is, we couldn't finish it off and just need to prepare to get back there.

RTE: What is your plan for next couple of days?

Sarantez: Few pints with the lads, couple days at St. Stephens, and just hanging with the family until the Draft, then after that head out on holiday before getting back to work. So, relaxing and taking time for myself.

RTE: Any place you are heading or things you plan on doing?

Sarantez: Gonna make a stop in Denmark and Sweden to see the sights, maybe hit up a few golf courses or something. Just want to see some new places and have some fun while I can, ya know.

RTE: When are you getting back on the ice?

Sarantez: About a month maybe a bit sooner. It is good to be off the ice for a bit, but I know that I have to get back on soon if I wanna be ready for next season. Plus, I am gonna have to get into my off-ice routine a bit sooner.

RTE: SHL Draft is coming up fast, are you ready and who do you think will take you?

Sarantez: Of course. I have no idea who is planning to take me, but I just hope I go higher than 12 haha. Also, just want to reiterate, that I am not spending more than 2 seasons in the SMJHL. So if someone takes me and expects me to stay longer, then I will not sign there. My goal is the SHL and I will get there as fast as I can. But as always, being drafted is an honor and looking forward to it.

RTE: Thanks for your time. See you after the Draft.