Create Account

S69 PT #4: Hockey School February 19th @ 11:59 PM (PST)

The hockey school of Angus Mcfife the XVIII from the Atlanta Inferno is planning many fun activities to learn hockey. Now instead of playing Fortnite on their fidget spinners, the kids are gonna learn hockey on htier fidget spinners. This will work the same way they can play fortnite on them except this time it will be fun and interactive hockey lessons.

The school will also features none other than Guy Zheng @goldenglutes teaching the kids how to pop a manny. This is the act of reading a manual, an instruction manual about hockey and all the fun things you can do playing the sport. Popping it is just an extra fun term to create excitement about what is essentially just reading a book.

The kids will then learn to skate. They will bring their own little chairs on the ice to help them stand while they have skates in their feet. This is just a normal skating lesson. Nothing fancy about it. I lied, @Leppish is there to shoot pucks at them so they learn to dodge. If they can dodge a puck, they can dodge a ball. This is the key of the lesson, becoming good at dodgeball and featuring in the next ben stiller movie.

Character Page RD- Quarterback
[Image: micool132.gif]

Retired players:
-Toki Wartooth
-Nathan Explosion btw
-Angus McFife XVIII

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]
(This post was last modified: 02-17-2023, 11:25 PM by Ferda.)

Quote:Written Task: What kind of fun and exciting activities do you plan for your hockey school? What skills and lessons do you want the kids to take home with them? How do you structure the whole experience? What does it cost, if anything? Is this a hardcore hockey skills experience, or something that's just meant to be a fun opportunity to meet an SHL player? (150+ words)

Billy Herrington, the star player for the Detroit Falcons in the SMJHL, loves giving back to the community and helping young athletes develop their skills. That's why he started his own hockey school during the offseason. The goal of the hockey school was to create a fun and challenging experience for the kids. Each morning, Billy led the sessions, focusing on hardcore hockey skills with drills and exercises to improve their skating, stickhandling, and shooting. But he didn't just stop at physical training, he also emphasized the importance of sports psychology. He talked about discipline, teamwork, and perseverance, recognizing that hockey is not just about strength and speed, but also a mental game. In addition to training, there were plenty of opportunities for the kids to have fun and make new friends. After lunch, they participated in team-building exercises and friendly scrimmages, with Billy joining in on the games, offering advice and encouragement to the young players. Thanks to a sponsorship from SHL Kush, a premier sports medicine company, the hockey school was able to provide state-of-the-art equipment and facilities for the kids to train in. With top-of-the-line gear and expert medical support, the young athletes were able to push themselves to their limits and develop their skills even further. Billy wanted the hockey school to be accessible to everyone, so he kept the cost reasonable. He even provided scholarships for the truly dedicated and talented kids who couldn't afford to attend. The hockey school was a huge success, with the kids leaving with improved hockey skills, new friendships, and valuable life lessons. For Billy, it was a rewarding experience to give back to the community and inspire the next generation of hockey players. Thanks to the support of SHL Kush, he was able to provide an unparalleled training experience for the young athletes who attended.

[Image: image.png]
[Image: dankestmemes69420.gif]

[Image: vhY18i8.png] [Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: nBgNUTY.png]
Armada        Canada        Stampede
Falcons        Usa

Quote:Written Task: Tell me a bit about how your player got started in the game. Where did they hear of it? Who did they learn it from? Did they know that they wanted to be in the SHL right away, or was a long road to finding hockey? Were they a natural or did it take a lot of practice? (150+ words)

Anton Harrier spent his youth as a citizen of the world in more ways than one - he was never entirely stuck to a single region thanks to his parents moving a lot. In terms of places he attended, Harrier mostly tried to sneak into the youth levels of all countries he visited. Of note, he played hockey for the youth ranks of Le Chic de Paris in France, the Niterói Sirens and the Duque de Caxias Dukes in Brazil, the Thun Lakers out of Switzerland and the Nagano Kitsune in Japan but he also had some less pronounced stints in Greenland, Netherlands, Mexico, Italy and finally his formative SMJHL period as a Nevada Battleborn player. When asked why he was so accepting of playing anywhere, Anton merely shrugged it off by stating "it's a fun thing to do, ya know, it's not like there was much else I could do in so many places... kinda surprised Brazil had teams for it, too".

[Image: d8gycCg.png]
Scarecrows Dragons Czechia
Player Page - Update Page
Outlungus
Former Players: Yoshimitsu McCloud (LW, #64) - Outlaws pride Platoon Jets Aurora Ireland
Won a Four Star Cup once, knew ninjutsu, picture editors hated him, never tried free agency
Anton Harrier (LW, #90) - Battleborn Rage Ireland
Won WJC gold, liked skateboarding a lot, went to the finals with Manhattan, kept his seat glued in LR

Player Prompt:

Ty Murphy was born and raised in Ireland.  Hockey is not very popular in Ireland, but he was a very strange boy.  With whiskey flowing through his veins at the age of 13, the town drunk brought Murphy to the rink for a skating session.  It was immediately apparent that he had serious talent.  With Pierce Bronson being the only other notable person from the town, Murphy truly had the entire village raising him and rooting for his success.  He knew right away that the SHL would be the ultimate goal, playing to have the chance to lift the cup over his head.  His dreams would come true within his first couple of years in the league winning with the Hamilton Steelhawks.  Taking the cup back to Drogheda to celly with all the people that raised him to be the successful player he is today was a priceless experience for the young lad.  Although now he prefers the sweet nectar in a Wild Turkey bottle to that of its Irish counterparts.

[Image: murphy2.png]
[Image: NI78UUy.png?width=400&height=267]
[Image: Skree.gif]

Creative prompt:

I think that with the most important skill in hockey being skating ability, I would start the class as a learn to skate class that would incorporate some fun games and a little scrimmage at the end of every session so the kids can have some kind of fun while learning. I think I would make the entry cost as low as possible or even free if we could swing it so that as many kids could come and participate as possible. This is extremely important in getting more kids into the sport as if parents see a free or cheap way to get their kids active and doing something other than 360 no scoping people on fortnite every evening, they would jump on it. As well it would reach demographics that may usually not be able to have access to an excpensive sport starting out and allow them to start earning scholarships and such if they show real promise in it.

[Image: kahnwald.png]
Sig by @Ragnar

Quote:Written Task: Tell me a bit about how your player got started in the game. Where did they hear of it? Who did they learn it from? Did they know that they wanted to be in the SHL right away, or was a long road to finding hockey? Were they a natural or did it take a lot of practice? (150+ words)

Little Spack was working on a merchant vessel when it was at port in a northern city. It was there that he first experienced the sport of hockey and immediately wanted to play it. The experience was thrilling, from the sounds to the fast pace to the big hits. What was not to love? Spack traded a bottle of rum he stole from the ship galley for a hockey stick. From that moment on, he spent all waking hours with it by his side. He fashioned a sling that allowed him to wield it over his shoulder like a long-sword. He would smack around anything he could find but generally could be found hitting a rolled up balls of tape. It wasn't until many years later that Spack learned that the SHL even existed and that you could play the sport as a profession. Once he discovered that, his focus shifted and he vowed to play hockey for a living. It was definitely not a short journey, and it involved a lot of practice, but little Spack reached his dreams and beyond.

[ 184 words ]

[Image: yyo9APg.gif]

There is only one hockey rink in Wales. Its 40 minutes away from Conner Snooks in Cardiff. (well now there's one in Swansea thanks to Conner's foundation) But Conner's mom who is from the USA brought her love of hockey over to Wales and instilled it in Conner. If she wasn't driving him to the rink in Cardiff, she was playing with him in the street at home or staying up til some ungodly hour to watch games with him (or if this is the era of VHS, taping the games to watching at a more reasonable hour with him). But basically his mom. And Conner wanted to be different from his older sister who was a soccer superstar from a young age. So he grew attached to hockey and overcame a bunch of challenges to make it to the SHL. It also helped that he grew up in Great Britains glory days where they were winning gold and silver almost every season and hockey was at an all time high in the country.

[Image: 0wXevO1.gif]
[Image: Qfss7w7.png][Image: zS2lCMp.png]

[Image: wiqZK8C.png]

Creative prompt

If we want players to get and stay interested in the beautiful sport of hockey, we need to make sure its perceived as a fun experience. That's usually not the hardest part of getting and keeping new players though, as the sport itself is a lot of fun and most youth hockey clubs are pretty decent at keeping the kids engaged and interested.

The hardest part in this are the kids parents. With the rising cost of pretty much everything nowadays, we see more and more people who can't afford to buy expensive equipment, or pay the monthly fees to clubs, let alone pay extra to have their kids go to a one or two week long hockeycamp over the summer break. Sponsoring could be a way for clubs to decrease the cost for their members, but more often than not we see that any money coming in from sponsorprograms is used to fund projects that help the top players in the club improve more, rather than benefitting all players alike.

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty

(221 words)

For Gallen, the path to the SHL wasn't an easy one. They weren't even technically supposed to be here. Gallen had started skating at a young age, and naturally the hockey stick appeared in their hands a short while later. But the SHL wasn't always the goal for Gallen.

"Where would you want to play when you get older?"

"Easy, the top league here at home."

"Why here?"

"It's closer to home, it's with all the people I know, and it's more of a comfort thing."

"But don't you want to see the world some day? Get out and travel a little?"

When having this conversation with their parents, Gallen slowly started to realize: maybe staying at home while playing hockey isn't the best they could do. Sure, staying at home was more of their comfort zone, but what if they could achieve more?

Eventually, Gallen decided that staying at home wasn't going to be the peak of their hockey career. One day after their junior team's practice, they talked to someone visiting the rink from a league in North America about some league they had heard about from a cousin of theirs.

"Hey, I was wondering if I could put my name in to be drafted in the SMJHL draft..."

[Image: leblaVa.gif]
Shoutout to @adamantium for the sig! <3

Melvin would really go back to his roots and work on building youth hockey at the former district of his best friend, Daria Guava-Fresca. Using all of the money that he has accumulated, he'd work on having permanent outdoor rinks for use during the school year in the winter, and then change that a little bit by providing the P.E. teachers with adequate gear for floor hockey inside of the gym, as well as work with the local ice arena for field trips, cheaper passes, and skate rentals. If it seemed that the sport and skating in general was starting to pick up steam after a few years, Melvin would be ready to invest in an additional ice arena, or several more skating areas for students and their families to be a part of. Ultimately, Melvin would make this free. He wouldn't want any kid to miss out on an experience just because their parents were not able to afford it. Giving back to the community means working with all children, and so as his final act would be to set up scholarship funds for underprivileged kids in the area to be able to get hockey gear, as well as transportation to and from the ice arena.

[Image: 66168_s.gif]
Update Page || Roster Page

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

Player Prompt:

When Denisova was growing up, his family didn’t have much besides hockey. His older brother played and was doing well but he never was able to make it out of Latvia and go to the SHL. Denisova grew up on the ice and kept grinding trying to get into the major leagues.
He started in a youth training camp, and on the side had his brother teach him the basics about the game. Denisova would be on the ice 24/7 even if he didn’t have someone teaching him. Denisova always knew that he wanted to go to the SHL, that’s why he was putting so much effort even as young as he was. Densiova was always pretty talented but he never really got the shooting part of his game down, he tried to train it for years and eventually settled and understood that he can’t shoot the puck to save his life, so he focused more on his natural skill set

[Image: Rn4Vt1E.png]

PLAYER PROMPT - Backstory prompt!

As everyone may remember, August Von Hecht is the nephew to the Mad Baron Von Hecht, whom you can read about here: The Mad Baron

He was the honest to goodness driving force behind August's budding desire to play hockey. Reading about the amazing career his uncle had whilst growing up in Frankfurt. He is not a big man, only standing 5'8" and 179lbs. Which is almost the opposite of Baron. Furthermore August is a goalie, crazy as they come of course. Big into his German style EDM music and can cook surprisingly. Its no shock that both the Frankfurt Sailors and Munich Marauders were interested in the Mad Baron's kin. It was within a Youth Program for Frankfurt that gave August his first chance at playing away. After all, August's mother was VERY big on making sure her son went to school and actually learned something instead of JUST playing hockey. He did manage to get a degree in Marine Biology but hockey has been his passion.

[Image: CptSquall.gif]

I grew up in a very football heavy area of the United States and never had even thought about hockey as an option. Everything was football or maybe baseball if you were really that good. Otherwise it most likely didn't exist to most people down here. Luckily I was able to have a few friends growing up that were transplants from a more hockey oriented state and they got me into the sport as a whole. I knew right away this was the sport for me seeing the speed, skill, and power used in the game. I had to learn how to skate kind of later than most kids but my tenacity and drive helped me pick it up quick. It was hard to find ice time so I was lucky that my parents were able to support my dreams and help me find ways to get to the ice even if we had to travel for long distances, and eventually move to for me. They were so key in helping me get to the SHL and my dream was always to make the big time one way or another. I was so happy when I got drafted, even if I'm in a colder than I'm used to city in Winnipeg now.

[Image: thedangazone.gif]

When it comes to hockey, I think the most important aspect of a hockey school is teaching the basics. Great skating techniques and puck handling techniques are always going to be needed in a hockey game and to excel in the sport. Nowadays, there are a bunch of hockey schools that just use bunch of props on the ice and make the kids stick handle or toe drag around a mini stick, pass it off an elastic and take a one timer that has to go bar down or else he gets in trouble.
The players, who are kids, need to just have fun and you have to make a school where they want to get up in the morning and show up. Meet new people and friends, maybe even meet some SHL all stars or alumni who can pass by and make the kids feel extra special.
As someone who has already coached minor league hockey here, I can guarantee you that kids need to be the best skaters out there before they start working on the fancy toe drags and the Lacrosse goals that they see on TV.

[Image: Bruins10.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic , @Ragnar and @sulovilen for the sexy Signature

Well for Kayden Pale the Love for the game was found at very young age and he wants too help some kids find the same desire he found as a young buck, he has set up a whole hockey school of all skill levels but it is a camp where the kids will be living out of the hotel and spending alot of time with the New England Wolfpack Superstar and some of his fellow teammates who decide to stop by and show the kids there stuff this helps build personality and also helps the kids with Discipline / confidence which us highly needed into todays age of the game of hockey, the kids all get assorted too a different team where a certain player from New England will choose his team too coach for the wild playoff Tournament for the kids we get too see who the best kids are most improved kids are an best coaches are

Quote:
Citadelles