S72 PT #1: Above-Average Ambassador

Prompt 1

[Image: pt86.jpg]

[Image: captainLahey.png?width=1000&height=606]
[Image: lIYTYDN.png][Image: tCcIWQC.png][Image: 9pUocRs.png]

isfl affiliate

[Image: 75fL0ul.png]
credit to Qwest
(This post was last modified: 08-06-2023, 10:28 PM by hewasajazzman. Edited 4 times in total.)

Creative Prompt

i jolted awake in the middle of the night with the immediate feeling of an unknown presence. as i tried to gather myself i peered around my unlit bedroom i noticed a few vaguely humanoid figures deep in a shadow filled corner. must be my mind playing tricks on me i thought, that is until they started to move. the forms slowly started towards me, seeming to almost float across my carpeted floor, growing ever closer. i hastily reach out for my bedside lamp, nervously fumbling about as i struggled to pull the chain. what i saw dropped my jaw and i was rendered speechless. three other worldly creatures towered above the side of my bed, grey and slimy looking complexion with giant deep black eyes. i knew there were talks of aliens in the media as of late but i never thought they were actually real, and why were they here for me?! one of the extraterrestrials started to slowly reveal his arm from behind his back. i slammed my eyes shut and screamed, fearing the worst, but… nothing. i eased one eye open to see the being holding out my stick towards me when they excitedly uttered in their best english “Ho’Kii?!”. luckily i had a subscription to the Hockey Network cause i was not about to screw around with a puck at 3 in the morning. we watched some games together as i tried my best to explain the rules in a way they could comprehend. we spent some time puck handling the next morning and they went on their way back to their mothership. the rest of the squids are never going to believe this.

[280 words]

Thomas Liebold's preseason routine is intense. Liebold has a superstition about eating before important events, therefore he fasts in the morning before practices and events starts. As a result, he is always starving after sessions. To up his protein and make up for lost calories throughout the day, he supplements every single meal with a fruity pebbles protein shake. Sometimes he even has "dessert," which is just protein shake ice cream, which he makes at home. Besides this superstition, Thomas Liebold takes preseason very seriously. He feels as if preseason sets the tone for the rest of the season, therefore he wants to make a good impression early on, one that the coaches will remember. He believes that no spot is guaranteed on the roster, therefore he shows up to every practice during preseason ready to earn his spot. He is most definitely going all out to keep a grip on his roster spot. He does not coast to save strength, as he feels its important to secure a spot on the roster before assuming any playing time in real games. 

PT pass

[Image: Svatos2.png?ex=660626ee&is=65f3b1ee&hm=4...height=350] [Image: sig.png?ex=660330ca&is=65f0bbca&hm=574bd...9bdc77fda&]

Oh boy well this is a rather Interesting and exciting PT, good job y’all, well my player would first of all be very freaked out but they would try to get past that so they can teach the greatest love of all lives and that is the sport of hockey. Might go IA isn’t the greatest teacher but he will do his best. It doesn’t really help that he has to teach aliens so that’s got him pretty spooked. Overall the aliens do a pretty good job playing. I guess they must be from an ice planet or someplace really cold because they seem to be naturals when it comes to skating. Their stick handling is a little rough on account of only having 3 fingers but eventually they find a grip that works well for them. All in all they picked up up pretty quick. I guess they e been tuning in and figuring out the rules for quite some time.

Tell me about your player's preseason routine. How do they get ready for training camp? How seriously do they take the preseason? Are they going all out to keep an iron grip on their roster spot? Do they coast to save their strength for the real games? Somewhere in between?

This season The Murray has skipped the normal "get into a routine" stage of being a vet and been thrust into the "oldest guy on team showing rookies the ropes" phase of things.  He is very aware of this distinction and takes preseason prep very seriously.  The new group of rooks in the locker room need a helping hand after finally making their dreams come true getting to play professional hockey.  These guys can't take anything for granted and neither does The Murray.  Every practice is full tilt and every shift matters in the games.  Roster spots are earned and not given.  In a lot of way it's an unfamiliar spot for The Murray.  How can he lead by example when he doesn't even have his own routine down.  Time will tell how it all translates into the regular season because at this point in time before the season starts he's really just trying to copy what the vets did last season before they graduated to the big leagues of the SHL.

Noel usually takes a month or so off entirely after the SHL season/playoffs conclude. He still keeps up on a bit of cardio/yoga but the heavy training takes a big back seat and he stays off the ice entirely. Then after that break/vacation he trains heavy to get back into shape for camp. He is naturally a big guy already so doesn't go too crazy with the bulking but more so muscular endurance and cardio to prepare him for the long rigorous season ahead. Once camp comes around he definitely doesn't dog it. It doesn't matter how long you've been in the league, there are young kids coming up who want your job and if your play isn't good enough GM's will cut you at any moment. He does play a little less physical during camp/pre-season as obviously he doesn't want to risk a stupid injury, but his work rate overall remains high.

[Image: jjfrankiejj.gif]
Credits to OrbitingDeath, Tweedle, Incite, Wasty, and Slothfacekilla for sigs!

Player Profile | Update Page
(This post was last modified: 08-06-2023, 11:07 PM by Pythonic.)

Artturi Lappalainen isn't your typical very good teacher. However, for the warlord aliens that have just descended upon the Earth and learned of ice hockey, his style of play surely is something to behold. With his aggressive and physical defensive style, the aliens are constantly taking notes on the way he plays his game so that they may further their war efforts in the far reaches of the Milky Way and the rest of the universe. Not only that, but the aliens are pretty much just souped up Artturi Lappalainens with insane amounts of speed and a much, much higher decision making IQ -- those big gray heads would be going to waste if they didn't, after all. Once Lappalainen taught them the basics of skating and the rules of the game, the aliens thankfully picked it up pretty quick. In exchange for him teaching them the way of the game, they have decided to spare Earth of their conquer.

creative prompt

[Image: Pythonic.gif] [Image: Championship_Sig.png]

[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] [Image: QtEp67y.png] [Image: 2sRs0Cq.png]

When it comes to the game of hockey, there isn't a thing that Atticus Hale doesn't take seriously. If there is any opportunity for Atticus to improve or work on his game, he's going to take it seriously. That includes the preseason. He doesn't approach it in the same way that he does a regular season or anything like that. To Atticus, the preseason serves a different purpose. Just because the games don't "count" there's no reason not to make them count or make the most of the opportunity to improve.

During the offseason, once he's had the opportunity to heal up and reset, Atticus begins to review tape and work on the parts of his game that were lacking the previous season. Sometimes those are minor adjustments but other times it's an entirely new approach. Preseason games are where the experimentation happens. It's an opportunity to put everything into practice and see what works and what doesn't.

[158 words]

[Image: the5urrealshl.gif]

[Image: 9TttCL9.png][Image: n25g4JC.png][Image: P0OHsLJ.png][Image: DS1jqys.png][Image: M98Qi4H.png]
[Image: KOKeZZJ.png]

PBE Affiliate

[Image: image0.jpg?ex=65299025&is=65171b25&hm=98...06b0d1578&]

Pbe affiliate

[Image: 3MtyuZk.gif]
[Image: dAxJaBU.gif]

Tell me about your player's preseason routine. How do they get ready for training camp? How seriously do they take the preseason? Are they going all out to keep an iron grip on their roster spot? Do they coast to save their strength for the real games? Somewhere in between?

Since Ozolins has had somewhat of a weird development compared to other players in his class, he doesn't take his spot for granted and tries his hardest in any game, regardless of it being during preseason or training camp. Obviously, that means he spends a lot of energy every day, so to fight that, Edžus has been pushing his stamina to its limits in order to improve it and allow for such energy-consuming days. Nothing can stop the Latvian from playing hockey as he has fun in any case, and in this instance, it works, as Edžus secured a spot on Los Angeles’ 3rd line along with fellow friend/rival/it’s complicated Ray Alexander. While some may think the preseason is useless and wouldn't take it seriously, Ozolins, him, goes head first into it and gives it his 100% in order to impress his general manager! And between you and me, he kind of wants to be better than Alexander, even though Ray currently has the upper hand…

168 words

Thank you to @Revontulete for the sig! [Image: Edzus_Ozolins.png?ex=663422ef&is=6632d16...f173626fb&]

Creative Prompt

After being contacted by aliens, my player did nothing out of the usual compared to his usual routine except for having a number of conversations with trusted friends and advisors.  Stemming from his firm belief that aliens do not actually exist despite what the media says, the player for the Buffalo Stampede insisted that it had to be something other than an alien contacting him.  With his religious background, he had suspicions about the nature of the creatures and went out of his way to avoid communicating with them.  Therefore, despite their observations of the game of hockey and their persistent efforts to contact the forward, the young man refused to change his ways or his position on the matter.  He also did not attempt to teach the creatures about the game or risk an encounter with an angry spirit or other creature.  To avoid any media coverage of the matter, the player did not tell anyone else and refused to report it to the media, fearing demonic influence over the matter or persisting in the attempts of communication.

[Image: lutz-first-sig-shl.png]

pbe pt

[Image: abby_1.jpg]

[Image: gayheghog.gif]

[Image: 6eVg1pG.png]