Create Account

NFL Discussion Thread

Quote:Originally posted by Trill@Dec 21 2014, 11:23 PM

I'm just tryna be optimistic honestly lol, Geno is a top 3 all time WVU player for me so I can't give up on him lol.

And holy fuck Ryan Lindley is trash. i was hoping he would have a good game. Zona ain't going anywhere with him at QB, probably won't advance with Stanton either tho.
i feel bad for that defense and Bruce Arians.
the defense is legit and Arians is a legit af coach.
can only do so much with terrible QBs

Quote:Originally posted by Trill@Dec 21 2014, 11:13 PM

Geno has had good games, I don't think he's as bad as people make him out to be. He has Decker who is maybe a #2 and just recently got Harvin. Doesn't have a legit #1 target and the line has been meh. I think Geno can develop to be decent; NY was the last place I wanted him to go tho. Too much pressure.

I don't care who he has. Good QB's make mediocre talents look good. He's not a good QB. Hell, he's not even average. Dude straight up blows.

Quote:Originally posted by Midas Whale@Dec 21 2014, 11:25 PM
As good as Seattle's defense is, they are not the same team without Marshawn.

Russell Wilson is a good QB, but he needs that running game around him.
Marshawn isn't a product of Seattle's Oline the way DeMarco Murray is imo.
Marshawn is key to that offense

he might slow down with the RB life expectancy lol
but at this point, "paying" a RB isn't that much money Smile)

Yeah I completely agree with you. I'm no expert on onlines but the Seattle line seems very average to me. Marshawn runs all over everyone even with getting hit in the backfield a lot and shit. DeMarco is definitely a product of his line, Lynch is not like you said.

And I would love to see Seattle with legit wideouts. Baldwin and Kearse are #3's at best imo (Baldwin maybe a 2?) and he doesn't really have a good tight end to throw to. Imagine what he could do with a legit #1, they'd be deadly on all sides of the ball imo.

Quote:Originally posted by Trill@Dec 21 2014, 11:23 PM

I'm just tryna be optimistic honestly lol, Geno is a top 3 all time WVU player for me so I can't give up on him lol.

And holy fuck Ryan Lindley is trash. i was hoping he would have a good game. Zona ain't going anywhere with him at QB, probably won't advance with Stanton either tho.
i feel you on that.
thats why i didn't attack you too hard Smile)

Kuechly turned out to be a beast.
but theres still some question marks with Matty Ice.

Ill defend Matty to the death tho lol.
i might be wrong, but i truly believe Atlanta's issues having nothing to do with him.

maybe its my BC bias, but whatever haha

Quote:Originally posted by Midas Whale@Dec 21 2014, 11:20 PM

i remember having semi-arguments with you about his NFL future lol
he definitely has talent…he just isn't good enough, smart enough, whatever, to put it together.

he has moments when you see him and he looks like a legit QB, but they are few and far between.

maybe a change gf scenery can help him, but i feel like he is a lost cause.

i know you're a WV fan and you'll defend him the same way i defend Matt Ryan lol, so i get it

No need to defend Matt Ryan. Dude is still a good QB. Tough to be great when you have 1 second to throw the ball.

Quote:Originally posted by Spangle@Dec 21 2014, 11:30 PM

I don't care who he has. Good QB's make mediocre talents look good. He's not a good QB. Hell, he's not even average. Dude straight up blows.

I wouldn't really say that lol. Great QBS make mediocre talents look good, sure. Lol. Some good QBs need to have good talent around them to succeed tho, Geno is one of those guys.

Quote:Originally posted by Spangle@Dec 21 2014, 11:31 PM

No need to defend Matt Ryan. Dude is still a good QB. Tough to be great when you have 1 second to throw the ball.
thats how i feel, but I've heard people saying he's overrated, not very good, and what not.
he has Julio, but outside of that…not just the offense, but the defense is terrible around him

Quote:Originally posted by Trill@Dec 21 2014, 11:32 PM

I wouldn't really say that lol. Great QBS make mediocre talents look good, sure. Lol. Some good QBs need to have good talent around them to succeed tho, Geno is one of those guys.

Nobody's calling guys like Russell Wilson a great QB yet he's got nothing but mediocre weapons and he manages to look good all the same. Hell, I'd say the Jets have better receiving options than Seattle and yet Wilson blows Geno away. Give Geno great receiving options and he'd still suck. If you can't make do with some talent, you can't make do with any level of talent, imo.

Quote:Originally posted by Midas Whale@Dec 21 2014, 11:31 PM

i feel you on that.
thats why i didn't attack you too hard Smile)

Kuechly turned out to be a beast.
but theres still some question marks with Matty Ice.

Ill defend Matty to the death tho lol.
i might be wrong, but i truly believe Atlanta's issues having nothing to do with him.

maybe its my BC bias, but whatever haha

Matty Ice is my dude lol, I'm an ATL fan and I don't think alotta the issues are his fault. The LT (blanking on his name rn) went down and then they put Matthews there. Last I saw, PFF had him like 77th outta 78 qualified tackles or some shit. Their whole line is a joke. Steven Jackson is slow as shit and needs to retire, Roddy has been hurt and getting older and he doesn't really have a TE. All he has is Julio (Roddy when he's healthy, Douglas is decent too) but I mean him and Julio can't do it alone.

Also doesn't help that their defense has no pash rush. We got like one good player on defense lmaoo, which would be Trufant

Quote:Originally posted by Trill@Dec 21 2014, 11:37 PM

Matty Ice is my dude lol, I'm an ATL fan and I don't think alotta the issues are his fault. The LT (blanking on his name rn) went down and then they put Matthews there. Last I saw, PFF had him like 77th outta 78 qualified tackles or some shit. Their whole line is a joke. Steven Jackson is slow as shit and needs to retire, Roddy has been hurt and getting older and he doesn't really have a TE. All he has is Julio (Roddy when he's healthy, Douglas is decent too) but I mean him and Julio can't do it alone.

Also doesn't help that their defense has no pash rush. We got like one good player on defense lmaoo, which would be Trufant

Can't forget that Witherspoon got hurt on defense too.

Quote:Originally posted by Spangle@Dec 21 2014, 11:35 PM

Nobody's calling guys like Russell Wilson a great QB yet he's got nothing but mediocre weapons and he manages to look good all the same. Hell, I'd say the Jets have better receiving options than Seattle and yet Wilson blows Geno away. Give Geno great receiving options and he'd still suck. If you can't make do with some talent, you can't make do with any level of talent, imo.
the Jets have SOME talent on the offense…they actually have a legit running game and an above average Oline.
Decker is decent, Cumberland has some skill…and Harvin for a couple games.
they don't ELITE talent lol…far from that, but they're not horrendous on the offensive side of the ball.

the main issue is Geno tbh lol

Quote:Originally posted by Midas Whale@Dec 21 2014, 11:39 PM

the Jets have SOME talent on the offense…they actually have a legit running game and an above average Oline.
they don't ELITE talent lol…far from that, but they're not horrendous on the offensive side of the ball.

Exactly. If you get a good QB in there, they could be an above average offense.

Quote:Originally posted by Spangle@Dec 21 2014, 11:35 PM

Yeah I see what you're saying. But someone like Russell Wilson has Lynch. Having Lynch opens up a lot for him in the passing game. Nobody is exactly fearing Chris Ivory (he's decent tho).

Dalton has AJ Green, Eli has ODB/Randle, etc. If Geno got drafted and coached up by Seattle I don't think they'd be much worse than they are. Constant picking apart of his game and Rex not committing to him starting and shit hasnt helped him imo.

But obviously I'm biased and will defend Geno regardless. He's had good games (today for example). I just hope he gets one more shot to show what he can do lol

Quote:Originally posted by Spangle@Dec 21 2014, 11:42 PM

Exactly. If you get a good QB in there, they could be an above average offense.
but you blame Geno for being terrible…and Rex for hiring a bad OC.
doesnt make much sense to me.

Geno is bad…thats the issue.
not the OC, not the HC, not even necessarily the talent (even tho its not GREAT).

htf do you blame the OC?

Quote:Originally posted by Midas Whale@Dec 21 2014, 11:39 PM

Yeah I see what you're saying. Geno's my boy tho so I gotta defend him. I saw what he could do in college (yes I know it's college lol) so I know he has talent. Just hasn't developed and adjusted to the pro level.