Create Account

Same Sex Marriage

Quote:Originally posted by Wheelz@May 22 2012, 05:12 PM

My god, there is no point even arguing with you. Wow. Is gravity a religion? Hurr durr. Gravity can be observed. Gravity can be proved.

He gave you proof supporting evolution earlier and you claimed it could be considered a religion.

Quote:Originally posted by Wheelz@May 22 2012, 01:12 PM

My god, there is no point even arguing with you. Wow. Is gravity a religion? Hurr durr. Gravity can be observed. Gravity can be proved.

gravity has been proven to the same degree that evolution has. you cannot ignore one and pick the other just for fun (well you can but then why bother trying to be logically consistent in discussions if you choose to)

Quote:Originally posted by noptwor@May 22 2012, 06:14 PM

nothing.  there was no such thing as "before" until time started, which happened when the universe (as we know it) was kickstarted during the big bang from quantum fluctuations.

the physics are complicated but what it boils down to is that what created god and what created the universe can both be answered by nothing, and we have proof for the universe but not for god so why bother belieivng in god.
Perhaps you should share your knowledge of everything with the rest of the world

again i am not saying dont believe in god. you can believe in god, lizard people, a giant penis that flies through space and eats muffins, or anything you want.

i choose to believe in what empirical evidence has shown and god does not fit into that equation at all.

i support your right to believe in god as long as it has zero effect on me and others

You can't even argue with these snarky atheists. They think they know it all and have all the answers. It's like talking hockey with Cam Wilson except ten times worse.

Quote:Originally posted by RedGibby@May 22 2012, 01:16 PM

Perhaps you should share your knowledge of everything with the rest of the world

none of these are my ideas. i am not smart enough to understand them fully but only to understand the general idea.

a good place to start is with the book a universe from nothing by lawrence krauss/

'a giant penis that flies through space and eats muffins'

my god i think we r on 2 something here

Quote:Originally posted by Wheelz@May 22 2012, 01:17 PM
You can't even argue with these snarky atheists. They think they know it all and have all the answers. It's like talking hockey with Cam Wilson except ten times worse.

huh? i dont have all the answers but i am only willing to get my answers from empirical evidence. thats all

if proof for god shows up then i will change to that 100%

believe what you want.

Quote:Originally posted by Wheelz@May 22 2012, 05:17 PM

No, arguing anything with you is like arguing hockey with Cam Wilson. Your opinion is always right, and everyone else is just a 'hater'

BTW, I'm Catholic.

i have some good catholic friends who i have had good talks with. i find catholics to be quite reasonable many times

Quote:Originally posted by idot@May 22 2012, 06:18 PM
'a giant penis that flies through space and eats muffins'

my god i think we r on 2 something here
Havent seen anything yet :ph34r:

Quote:Originally posted by Wheelz@May 22 2012, 04:47 PM

What I believe is that God is something beyond anyone's comprehension. He's not an old white dude in the sky. I am not totally sure how to explain it. I think God doesn't abide by what... Like he doesn't have any restrictions. I'm not really sure how to put it into words.

Then how is there more proof that he exists as opposed to him not existing?

Quote:Originally posted by noptwor@May 22 2012, 05:14 PM

nothing.

Thanks for coming out.

Quote:Originally posted by Shutout@May 22 2012, 02:20 PM

Then how is there more proof that he exists as opposed to him not existing?

because some old ppl in cool hats wrote a story about it duh

Quote:Originally posted by noptwor@May 22 2012, 05:15 PM

gravity has been proven to the same degree that evolution has. you cannot ignore one and pick the other just for fun (well you can but then why bother trying to be logically consistent in discussions if you choose to)

Evolution has not. Explain the Giraffe and the Bombardier Beetle and how they evolved. Since you seem to be all knowing.