TASK 2

PM'd

TASK 3

PM'd

TASK 4
TASK 5
TASK 6
TASK 7

Bonus: Morley from Bottas (Posted in thread)

[Image: DIsmdUx.png]

Task 1 - Predictions Done

Task 2 - Word Scramble Done

Task 3 - Trivia Done

Task 4 - Championship Banner

[Image: whaic05.png]

Task 5 - Biggest Game

The road to the finals is a rigorous journey full of twists and turns, for each team had to overcome adversity to make it to this point in order to compete for the cup in the SHL finals. For the Hamilton Steelhawks, their challenge came early. It was the first round heading into game 4 against the Rage, champions just 2 seasons ago. With a young and enigmatic Hamilton team it would have been easy to cave to the pressure of facing champions while heading into game 4 trailing the series 1-2. They needed a great performance from their team in order to tie the series, because if they lost they would be one game away from elimination. With the game heading into overtime, it was anyone’s for the taking one bounce could have decided their fate either way, however it was Hamilton that came out on top and tied the series with a glorious overtime victory. This game boosted their confidence and they would go on to beat the Rage twice more in a row as they realized they had what it took to be champions. This momentum propelled them into round 2 with a dominating performance over the Chiefs. It was that performance in game 4 though that showed them they had what it took to become champions.

The Road to the finals was a bit more challenging for the Panthers however as they went up against 2 time champions the Texas Renegades. With their backs up against the walls in game 6, trailing the series 3-2 it was a do or die situation. With the Panthers coming so close to the cup in recent years, it appeared their quest would be cut short again. However Panther’s goaltender, Jackson Weekes stepped up and played the game of his life that night. Weekes stopped shot after shot on his way to a shutout, helping his team win in Texas 2-0 and carrying the momentum back home to LA, where they would inevitably beat the Renegades 4-3 just like their series and make another trip back to the SHL finals for a chance to hoist the cup.

Written/GFX 6 - Showdown

[Image: Gxgk4T3.png]

Written/GFX 7 - A show of sportsmanship

[Image: 7xqj5R4.png]

[Image: Chocula22.gif]
Berserkers Wolfpack France

Task 1 - Predictions: Done

Task 2 - Word Scramble: PM'd

Task 3 - Trivia: PM'd

Task 4 - Championship Banner:

[Image: 34rirdl.png]

Task 5 - Biggest Game: (478 Words)

The Conference Finals, where Challenge Cup hopefuls are either exuberated by their chance to play for the SHL's top prize, or sent home dejected to face a long and tiresome offseason. The Los Angeles Panthers and Hamilton Steelhawks, S24's Challenge Cup Finalists, easily had their biggest games of their S24 Playoff runs in the Conference Finals, though their paths to the Final tells the story of two very different roads traveled.

Hamilton, facing a very strong opponent in the Minnesota Chiefs, was nothing short of dominant in their Conference Final matchup. From the drop of the puck, Hamilton exhibited the stronghold they would come to take in this series, but this didn't come to fruition until the series' 3rd game - in my opinion the Steelhawks' biggest game of the season thus far. Up 2-0 in the series, Hamilton understood the weight of Game 3: put the Chiefs into a crushing vice with a 3-0 series lead, or allow Minnesota back into the series at a 2-1 score, and Hamilton made sure to make the former the story of this series. Hamilton blitzed Minnesota on their own ice in Game 3, including a hat-trick from one of the team's stars Riko Muerto, and the Steelhawks would take their 3-0 series lead, eventually leading to their victory in Game 5 and their birth in the Challenge Cup Final.

Los Angeles faced a much different story, as they went up against another one of the SHL's elite, the Texas Renegades. Backstopped by stars Jordin Fourfour and Chris Partlow, Texas was no easy out in the Conference Finals, and this was proven from Game 1 when the Renegades would jump out the early lead. The Panthers were able to take the lead in the series up to 2-1, but victories in Games 4 & 5 allowed Texas to wrap it up on home ice in Game 6, however the Panthers would have none of that. LA would go on to win Game 6 to force a decisive Game 7 back at the Staples Center, where no doubt their biggest game of the season occurred. Los Angeles versus Texas in Game 7 was nothing short of a nail biter, and was just primed for some late game heroics. Trailing 3-2 in the 3rd Period, Los Angeles would tie the game with 4:28 remaining off the stick of Fredrik Wastlund, and just 2:17 later, Yuri Boyka would give the Panthers the lead with 2:11 to go in the game, as the Panthers would skate off to a 4-3 victory in Game 7, and punch their ticket to the Challenge Cup Final.

Written/GFX 6 - Showdown:

[Image: qr1bfc.png]

Written/GFX 7 - A show of sportsmanship:

[Image: 2vv5aw3.png]

BONUS: Done (Boyka from Bottas)

[Image: eyM9Y3U.png]

[Image: 2gotrRl.png]

Task 2 - Word Scramble:

PM'd

Task 3 - Trivia:

PM'd

[Image: shlbanner2_zpsbacjggxd.png]

Task 5 - Biggest Game:

They had gone down 2-0 in the series and were facing a bad series on the road against these guys, and we all know that teams simply don't come back from 0-3 in the series. It just doesn't happen. So what did Los Angeles do? They came into game 3 with winning on their minds. They scored. Then they scored some more. They were able to score 4 goals against Jordin FourFour and give them a series. They ended up going ahead and beating Texas in 7 games, and this is the big reason why. After sweeping Calgary, this was a series that really showed them that they needed to do a lot better than they were doing, and it put into perspective that the teams that are left in this series are not to be messed with. Not every team is going to be Calgary. Game 3 was their turning point as a team, changing them from a great team that could only feast on the bottom teams in the league, to one that could contend for a cup. And look at them now. They are in a series against Hamilton and have a chance to win it all. Why? All because of this specific game three. There has never been a more important game 3 in the league than this one. Not a single one whatsoever. If they win the cup, they will look back on this game as why it happened.

The two top scorers for the Los Angeles Panthers and the Hamilton Steelhawks, Adrian Thomaz and Griffin Simons, have been vital to their respective team’s success. Why is that? Scoring. Griffin Simons has scored 8 goals and 17 assists. Despite his minus 4, he has been their MVP so far this season. On the other end of the rink is Adrian Thomaz. He has scored 8 goals and 15 points. He is basically almost a carbon copy of Griffin Simons. So of the two, who can get the upper hand? Griffin Simons has been successful because he has had insane chemistry with Hauke and Muerto. That line has been great together! So in a way Griffin Simons is successful because he is one part of a great line, and without him the line would likely not be nearly as effective. What about Adrian Thomaz? What does he have to offer? Despite not being part of an amazing line, Thomaz has great defensive play to offer the team in this one, and his two-way play compared to Simons is what really stands out. He is +14 on the season. However, neither player really hits a lot, so this will be a matchup about finesse instead of hard-hitting stuff. The question is who will come out on top? Despite Simons being part of a great line and one of the scariest groups of players imaginable, I think it is Adrian Thomaz who will come out on top in this one. They say offense wins games, but defense wins championships. Well that is what is going to happen with Thomaz.

[Image: Simons_zpsjxp1x2ah.png]

TASK ONE
Posted

TASK TWO
Sent

TASK THREE
Sent

Task 2 - Word Scramble: PM'd

Task 3 - Trivia: PM'd

Task 5 - Biggest Game:

[Image: Ushakov.png]

Task 1:
Done

Task 2:
Sent

Task 3:
Sent

Task 4:
[Image: ecbecedb-9f6b-47b2-8e34-07e5026fe0e5_zpsevqqc4uq.png]

Task 5:
For the Whalers the game that was most important was the first game of the playoffs. They came out to win, they battled hard all day long against a tough Firebirds team and out played them. It was the game that set the tone for the playoffs for the Whalers squad and most important they did not have to rely on top star Vlad Smirnov to carry the team all the way to the finals. He was able to sit back a bit and allow the rest of the team to preform. When all lines were firing the Birds and the rest of the SMJHL have no chance against the Whalers.

For the Impact the answer is the Eastern Conference Finals game 7. WHAT A HELL OF A GAME FROM THE EASTERN CHAMPS! The team was down by 3 points as the second period was coming to a close. Most teams would throw in the towel and accept that the better team had won...the Impact would not bend they would not break! 20 seconds before the buzzard was about to blow the impact started to mount their epic comeback. Devon Mack scored his 3rd of the playoffs. By the time the third period rolled around the Impact were a team renewed. They put on the pressure on the Falcons and did not back down. They slowly chipped away at the lead and finally with 5 minutes left they managed to get the lead for the first time in the game. They held that for the win, securing their position for the finals but most important played the game of their lives.

Task 6:
Whalers:
Vlad McZehrl - He is the center piece to this roster. He is a player that can do it all, score, pass, and plays a two way game that is the envy of the league. McZehrl may not be the best offensive player on the Whalers but he has enough talent to improve those around him, he can shoot as I said scoring 22 goals and adding a total of 50 points during the regular season. He will be the reason the Whalers win it all this year and he will guild the team through an effortless play in all zones of the ice.

Impact:
Earnest Ciarelli - Look at the man who will make McZehrl's life a living hell. The truth is the Impact will be relying on Ciarelli to play the best games of his life during this series. Ciarelli will be the difference maker in this series if the Impact are going to win it all. He is as good of a goalie as anyone could hope for in the SMJHL. He has posted above average stats so far this season and the need to improve as the finals start will have to get better. He has the ability and he can do everything that is needed, the question is can he bring it and can he shut down one of the leagues best offense?

Task 7:
We are here with the Hamilton Steelhawks star forward Riko Muerto, Welcome Riko congrats on earning your way to the finals once again in a heck of a career so far. If you have a few minutes can you answer a quick couple of questions for me?

Riko - Yeah sure fire away.

First off, what has been the most important game for the Hawks so far this post season?

R - It has to be game 6 of the Manhattan series, the series was amazing. Manhattan played a hard series, one of the toughest we have seen. Game 6 you saw us prefect our game and shut down one of the best teams in the SHL. We limited their shots through the first two periods and built a healthy lead. By the time Manhattan got their feet under themselves in the third we were able to weather the storm and take the series.

Any Predictions for the finals?

R - Yeah we will win it. I am wining one more cup and I am calling it a career, I don't plan on playing next season so we are winning it all.

Wait a minute you are going to retire??? Have you accomplished everything you wanted will you make it to the Hall of Fame?

R - You know I think I have done more then most will ever do in their SHL career, I have won multiple Championships, been a leader on many teams, been recognized as one of the best players in the SHL yes I believe I have accomplished my goals, as for the Hall of Fame, I have put forth a great career I can only hope it is enough to get me there.

Thank you Riko for your time and best of luck in the finals.

Bonus:
Riko Muerto from Griffin Simons

[Image: Ak8rQKy.png?width=675&height=375]
Sig by Lazyeye
[Image: image.png?width=600&height=300]
Sig by DaBoot
Knights Timber pride

Task 1 Prediction
Prediction

Task 2 Word Scramble
Sent

Task 3 Trivia
Sent

Task 4 Champ Banner

Task 5 Biggest Game

It’s been an interesting series so far. Hamilton can’t seem to win unless it goes to overtime and LA only wins when their offence decides to go beast mode. The biggest game so far for LA would be that 10-3 win where they just exploded on the PP and dominated all around. Never have I seen a playoff score that high! Did Hamilton just decide to take the night off or what? That game was huge for LA in this seasons finals because they just lost game 1 4-3 in Overtime and did not want to go down 0-2 to start the series. 1-1 looks a lot better then 0-2. However on the flip side game 3 would have been most crucial for Hamilton which is by the far their biggest game this series. After getting lit up 10-3 everyone jumped the LA bandwagon and said Hamilton had no chance. Hamilton still had belief in them selves though. They were able to keep LA to 2 goals and won the game 3-2 in another crazy overtime. If Hamilton loss game 3, the momentum most likely would have carried from that 10-3 win for LA to take the series easily. But because Hamilton managed to pick up a win, they were able to stop the LA train from going any further. Perhaps LA got too confident which allowed Hamilton to gain some momentum and a stepping stone to a Challenge Cup. Ovbiously every game is a crucial one this series, but without the 10-3 win for LA and 3-2 OT win for Hamilton, these teams would not be where they stand now. It’s rare you see a team bounce back like Hamilton did after a beatdown, but hey this is the playoffs and anything can happen.

295 words

Task 6 Showdown

Task 7 A show of sportsmanship

Interview with Patrikov Bure from Vancouver Whalers

How does it feel to be the MVP of the final series?
It's amazing, a lot of guys are looking up to me and this is only the beginning of my career.

What's the plan for next season? SHL? SMJHL?
I want to be in the SHL, but i don't believe Winnipeg needs any wingers at the moment. I've been told it's more then likely that I will be a Whaler next season as well

Are you ready for the IHF tournament with Russia?
More then ready boss!

[Image: QhAQn2i.png]  [Image: yIvjn4j.png]

Task 1

Done

Task 2

PM sent

Task 3

Pm Sent

Task 5 The biggest game

I think the biggest game so far was the Hamilton vs Minnessota game 5. I believe so because during the last round, the Chiefs had came back from a 3-1 deficit against the Toronto North Stars so coming back in this serie was not something impossible for them. The Steelhawks also made sure they would go to the finals if they were to win this game. This is when Jakob Tanner really stepped up his game.... again!! He recorded a shutout in what was a really close game and a goaltender duel between him and Ranjan. Riko Muerto also had a big game being named third star of the match and showing that his acquisition was an important move for the Hamilton Steelhawks.

During that game, Griffin Simons of the Steelhawks recorded 10 shots, more than a third of the teams produced shots. He recorded an assist but this could have been a big day for him if Ranjan wasn't at the top of his game himself.

Riko Muerto and Franklin Trey were the two scorers and these goals were all that Tanner needed to secure the victory with his incredible performance. I can only appreciate Riko Muerto's performance so far in the playoffs as he seems to really want to get his name on a cup on what could be his final presence in the finals if he is to retire.

If the Steelhawks can keep these kind of performances lined up against the Los Angeles Panthers their odds of winning the S24 Cup is gonna be pretty good but the Panthers should not be taken lightly.

Task 6 Showdown.

For this Showdown, I have selected my two favorite players from each teams, Riko Muerto of the Hamilton Steelhawks and Valterri Bottas of the Los Angeles Panthers.

The comparison will go beyond the point production as both players occupies a different role, Bottas being a Defencemen and Muerto being a big Forward.

If we look at Riko Muerto, he is the best skater on the Steelhawks team being nearby maxed out in all attributes. He is fast, he is big he can score and he can defend. He can do it all and his teamates will make sure he will be on the spotlight during this serie. He brings a great share of leadership in a locker room and is maybe one of the most experimented member of the SHL community as he occupied many different jobs and he knows of the game works. If a player is to outshine the others on his team it would be Riko Muerto for the Hamilton Steelhawks.

Now Valterri Bottas is a key defenseman of the Panthers. His attributes are very high and near the cap too. He is one of the most complete players on his team and his two way play is what helped the Panters reach the finals. His play style may not put him as much in the spotlight as Riko Muerto but all of his team knows his contribution defensively is what will carry the team to lift the cup. He is also a seasoned veteran that brings awesome leadership to the locker room. He is a good teamate and is well aware of the tactical game involved in the playoffs. If a player is to be named MVP on his team I would bet on him.

If we compare both players, I think they are pretty even and I couldn't choose one of them to be better than the other. I wish them both luck and best of the series.

Character Page RD- Quarterback
[Image: micool132.gif]

Retired players:
-Toki Wartooth
-Nathan Explosion btw
-Angus McFife XVIII

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

Task 1 (1 TPE + .5 TPE for each correct) - Predictions
Panthers in 7

Task 2(2 TPE) - Word Scramble
PM Sent.

Task 3(2 TPE) - Trivia
PM Sent.

Task 4(3 TPE) - Championship Banner
Create the S24 Championship Banner(Like at the top of the site) For the team you think will win

Task 5(3 TPE) - Biggest Game
250 words min.
What has been the biggest game so far for each team in the Finals? (SHL do SHL, SMJHL do SMJHL)

Written/GFX 6 (3 TPE) - Showdown
For graphics , create a poster (750 x 200) advertizing two players opposite one another on the lines.

Written/GFX 7 (3 TPE) - A show of sportsmanship
Graphics - Make a signature, either serious or joking (don't be a dick Wink) for someone on the opposite team.

BONUS - 1 UNCAPPED TPE
Morley from Bottas

[Image: NiclasWastlund26.gif]
#40 Niclas Wastlund - W - VANCOUVER WHALERS Whalers / MINNESOTA MONARCHS Monarchs
[Image: vlPUU9v.png][Image: ammBPLt.png][Image: rnZeas5.png][Image: V9MXpXR.png]

Task #1 - Done

Task #2 - PM'd

Task #3 - PM'd

Task #4 -
[Image: championshipbanner_zpsliogll8h.jpg]

Task #5 -
Code:
269 Words
What was the biggest game of my first season in the SMJHL? That's a real easy one, game seven against the Falcons in our last series.

Now as I write this the finals in the SMJHL are taking place and could make it to seven and that would trump this game if we were to win! You prepare your whole life for game sevens at any level of play, every road hockey game or game of shiny, the stage is set as a game seven in the finals, with the game on your stick in the last second of play.

Now the game seven in the semi-finals, was a little different, and I never had the puck on my stick in the last second to win the game, but it went through my head the whole game, and I'm sure both teams players could feel the same thing.

The first period went how most of our games did go in the playoffs, we were down, but most certainly not out. We jumped out to the early lead scoring just 4 minutes in, but would let ourselves down by letting two power play goals late in the period and headed to the break behind one goal and having to climb back into it.

The second we were able to keep the same score and traded some goals, while slowly making our way back into the game, which it showed with the shots on goal favoruing us.

And the third was our period, period! We completely dominated this period and punched our ticket into the finals where we sit right now!

Written/GFX #6 -
[Image: jessvsmcz_zpsl50jroku.jpg]

Written/GFX #7 -
[Image: el_zpsy8edpvtc.jpg]

[Image: WtrC9qy.png]

FalconsJapanpride

Task 2(2 TPE) - Word Scramble
Sent

Task 3(2 TPE) - Trivia
Sent

bonus
bonus answer

Perdictions- Done

Word scramble - done

Trivia- done

Banner-[Image: SAsUP6u.jpg]

Biggest game- I believe the biggest game for the Hamilton Steelhawks was game five of the Minnesota series. Minnesota was not a team who are uncomfortable playing under pressure. They roared back in their come back win in the Toronto North Stars series from a 3-1 deficit. This was a huge turning point for the Steelhawks as they snuffed out any kind of repeat of that feat with the play of Jakob Tanner. He recorded a shutout on twenty five shots and with an early power play goal and another by the star forward Riko Muerto, they would take out the division rival and punch their ticket to the finals.

The three stars of that game reflects the most important battle of any hockey game... The goalies. Tanner brought home first star honors but the second star went to his rival across the ice, Ranjan. Ranjan turned away 26 shots on 28 opportunities. As a goal tender the most frustrating part of any loss is if your team out shoots the opposition but can't bury any. The third star was somebody who is no stranger to the lime light. He was the insurance goal scorer. Riko Muerto. He was a huge part of this team and definetly in the discussions for playoff MVP.

This was a turning point because you have to be a team that can take the kill shot when it is needed. They did not ease up on the struggling Minnesota team as Toronto did. They stayed focused and finished it when they had the chance instead of letting them fight back in the fight.

Comparing superstars- The Los Angeles Panthers and the Hamilton Steelhawks have a very similair setup. They both rely on superb goaltenders who play behind a tough, strong, and physical defense with offensively gifted offenses. There are plenty of different players who are easily comparable whether it be the star studded goaltending of Jakob Tanner and Jackson Weekes or the amazing offensive awareness of Riko Muerto and Brian Morley. For this I will compare the play of Jakob Tanner and Jackson Weekes.

First off Jackson Weekes had a regular season for the record books. He stone walled some of the best offenses in the league. He stopped 92.6% of the shots that came his way. He kept his goals against average below 2.00 and kept teams off the score board an impressive seven times. He was an absolute beast in the regular season and his performance continued into the playoffs. He is a key player in the Panthers organization and could be the reason they win it all.

Now to the other side of the ice to Jakob Tanner. Tanner had a much more middle of the pack showing as he finished with a 89.9% saves on shots taken and 2.64 goals against per game. He did earn himself two shut outs through the season so as you can see it was a much different story to the playoffs than Weekes. Tanner will have to rely more on his defense and keep the shots out wide for him to be able to have a good showing. Tanner does have the X-factor of playing huge in big games so we will see how the series pans out.

Interview
Beau Ballard from Vancouver whalers.

How did you enjoy the series?
It was good

What do you see in the Whalers future?
Whalers will be good to come

What is in your future?
Future is with the North Star's

Task 1 done
2 done
3 done

Task 2 Word Scramble