Create Account

Jme Suspension

Quote:Originally posted by Alucard@Aug 30 2015, 08:13 PM
I'm not even going to bother reading the nine pages before this. This is absolute bullshit. Jme's avatar was a joke, and Deener (who was the subject of said joke) intimated that he found it amusing and not at all offensive. Way to take the fun out of the site.

Un-fucking-believable.
I think you can have fun at this site without insinuating someone is Hitler-esque. As far as only punishing people when the person who was the "victim" (for lack of a better word) felt offended that is a slippery slope which can only lead to people getting singled out by other members for getting other people suspended. Which is counterproductive to the DC's entire purpose.

Quote:Originally posted by Alucard@Aug 30 2015, 07:13 PM
I'm not even going to bother reading the nine pages before this. This is absolute bullshit. Jme's avatar was a joke, and Deener (who was the subject of said joke) intimated that he found it amusing and not at all offensive. Way to take the fun out of the site.

Un-fucking-believable.
It's about setting a standard, however. Just because the person that it was subjected to isn't offended doesn't mean that it is okay to do it.

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Ballerstorm@Aug 31 2015, 01:19 AM

Just to show the flip side of this, all it takes is two or three people to be offended and report it. Just because the person it is directed at doesn't care doesn't mean others may not be offended.

I'm not saying I agree or disagree, rather just trying to possibly shed light.
I guess there's a lesson to be learned. At least a couple of people on here are overly sensitive, and that's enough to get you a ban.

Seriously though; is that all it takes to get banned around here? To upset some sensitive little pissant? I might just abandon all forums bar SHL Progression and the LRs.

Quote:Originally posted by ArGarBarGar@Aug 31 2015, 01:22 AM

It's about setting a standard, however. Just because the person that it was subjected to isn't offended doesn't mean that it is okay to do it.
Honestly, I'm fed up of people being treated like babies. If somebody can't take a joke on the internet they should go live in monastery. We help nobody by protecting their precious little feelings.

If Jme had said a bunch of really offensive shit then fine, but it was a joke. People make jokes about Hitler all of the time.

Quote:Originally posted by Alucard@Aug 30 2015, 08:23 PM

I guess there's a lesson to be learned. At least a couple of people on here are overly sensitive, and that's enough to get you a ban.

Seriously though; is that all it takes to get banned around here? To upset some sensitive little pissant? I might just abandon all forums bar SHL Progression and the LRs.

In Jme's case, I think it' goes further than just the Hitler avatar. Regardless of whether or not making that your avatar alone is worthy of suspension, I think we can all agree it's incredibly short-sighted and childish thing to compare somebody else to. A "joke" or not, it was obviously at least somewhat malicious when Deener and Jme are far from friendly at the moment. This isn't like someone on the Blizz calling me a dictator or something like that.

The real problem in Jme's case is that there is a lot of things that she has gotten away with (calling people fags, amongst other things, which are objectively not okay) and I think this was probably just the straw that broke the camels back. At some point, you have to try and address it. In Jme's case, it was long overdue.

Quote:Originally posted by teztify@Aug 31 2015, 01:27 AM

In Jme's case, I think it' goes further than just the Hitler avatar. Regardless of whether or not making that your avatar alone is worthy of suspension, I think we can all agree it's incredibly short-sighted and childish thing to compare somebody else to. A "joke" or not, it was obviously at least somewhat malicious when Deener and Jme are far from friendly at the moment. This isn't like someone on the Blizz calling me a dictator or something like that.

The real problem in Jme's case is that there is a lot of things that she has gotten away with (calling people fags, amongst other things, which are objectively not okay) and I think this was probably just the straw that broke the camels back. At some point, you have to try and address it. In Jme's case, it was long overdue.
Hmm, if that's the case then maybe there's more to it than I realised. As a once off thing this would be total crap, but I don't know Jme at all, and if there's a trend then those in charge of punishing her should have said so in the original post. Getting banned solely for having a Hitler avatar is pretty lame, so for the good of the league I hope it's not just about that.

I should probably fuck off and finish the damn essay I'm working on now. I'm honestly probably more annoyed at it than at the committee. :lol:

Quote:Originally posted by Alucard@Aug 31 2015, 01:33 AM
I should probably fuck off and finish the damn essay I'm working on now. I'm honestly probably more annoyed at it than at the committee.  :lol:
15 minutes later: yep, it's definitely the essay I'm annoyed at.

Also, technically Jme's avatar was a picture of the guy who killed Hitler. Just sayin'. Der Hero.

Quote:Originally posted by Alucard@Aug 30 2015, 05:49 PM

Also, technically Jme's avatar was a picture of the guy who killed Hitler. Just sayin'. Der Hero.

:lol:

Quote:Originally posted by Alucard@Aug 30 2015, 06:49 PM

Yeah but he also killed the guy who killed Hitler. Which is pretty messed up.

[Image: Ushakov.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Alucard@Aug 30 2015, 08:49 PM

allegedly

RIP Mac & 701

Quote:Originally posted by Alucard@Aug 30 2015, 05:49 PM

inb4 Birks comes in and says Hitler is secretly living in the United States and had plastic surgery and is now really Barack Obama

Quote:Originally posted by Bün@Aug 30 2015, 05:50 PM

inb4 Birks comes in and says Hitler is secretly living in the United States and had plastic surgery and is now really Barack Obama

legit

Quote:Originally posted by TheNextGreatOne@Aug 30 2015, 09:46 PM

allegedly
[Image: Thats-ignorant-Watch-the-South-Park-Seas...e-link.jpg]

Hitler is alive and well, living out his days in a Subterranean Habitat Lifepod.

Quote:Originally posted by Bün@Aug 30 2015, 09:50 PM

Smile)

Player Page || Update Thread
[Image: ffBCCRQ.png]