Create Account

Official Rap/R&B discussion thread

Quote:Originally posted by easymoneysniper@Nov 16 2015, 04:55 PM
This is not rap but Justin Biebers new album is LIT.
Yeah, I really am pretty impressed with it, a much more mature effort, the lyrics are still rough and downright bad in some spots, but I'm liking about everything else.

Thank you to My boys @Merica and @Ragnar for the lovely sigs!
[Image: wrexks.png]
[Image: WREXKS.png]

Quote:Originally posted by easymoneysniper@Nov 16 2015, 05:55 PM
This is not rap but Justin Biebers new album is LIT.
For sure. Life is Worth Living and Children are absolutely whack, though. Like 100% terrible. What Do You Mean, Sorry, No Sense, and The Feeling are amazing.

[Image: Marius_buffalo.png]

08-24-2018, 01:08 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Ah yes, the veteran meme player. A surefire bet for maybe 400 TPE Tongue
05-23-2020, 02:25 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Scoop AINEC
[Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif]

[Image: Poppity.png]
^^^^^ Thank you JSSSSS
[Image: Poopity_Scoop_1.png]
^^^^Credits to Snussu^^^^

[Image: Scoop.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Baelor Swift@Nov 17 2015, 12:33 PM

For sure. Life is Worth Living and Children are absolutely whack, though. Like 100% terrible. What Do You Mean, Sorry, No Sense, and The Feeling are amazing.
I like Life is Worth Living :unsure:

Everyone has their own fav songs in each album. You can like one song, but someone won't but I agree Justin Bieber has shocked a lot of people. It's crazy, I like his album though.

My fav is No Sense or Company.

Quote:Originally posted by easymoneysniper@Nov 17 2015, 08:34 PM
Everyone has their own fav songs in each album. You can like one song, but someone won't but I agree Justin Bieber has shocked a lot of people. It's crazy, I like his album though.

My fav is No Sense or Company.
I remember when Where are U Now and What Do You Mean came out... I was just listening to some premade playlists on Spotify and I questioned everything when I added not one but two Bieber songs. Dude's the next JT although I don't think NSYNC was ever even close to as bad as Bieber used to be.

08-24-2018, 01:08 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Ah yes, the veteran meme player. A surefire bet for maybe 400 TPE Tongue

^^^^^ Thank you JSSSSS

<object width="460" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QCLl6hpWIGU"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QCLl6hpWIGU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="460" height="315"></embed></object>

Anyone fuckin with Nick Grant? He's got some bars.

Anyone see Billboard's top 10 rappers of all time list? http://www.billboard.com/photos/6723017/be...-of-all-time/11

No Pac immediately discredits it. Plus Eminem at number 3 and fucking Lauryn Hill in there as a top 10 rapper? Those three huuuuuge mistakes make their list absolute shit. Plus I don't think Kendrick's done enough to crack this list. Here's Billboard's list btw:

Quote:1. Biggy
2. Jay Z
3. Eminem
4. Rakim
5. Nas
6. Andre 3000
7. Lauryn Hill
8. Ghostface Killah
9. Kendrick Lamar
10. Lil Wayne

^^^^^ Thank you JSSSSS

Quote:Originally posted by Baelor Swift@Nov 18 2015, 08:47 AM
Anyone see Billboard's top 10 rappers of all time list? http://www.billboard.com/photos/6723017/be...-of-all-time/11

No Pac immediately discredits it. Plus Eminem at number 3 and fucking Lauryn Hill in there as a top 10 [b]rapper
? Those three huuuuuge mistakes make their list absolute shit. Plus I don't think Kendrick's done enough to crack this list. Here's Billboard's list btw:

[/b]

Eminem at 3 isn't really a stretch since from a lyricist standpoint and delivery he is one of the best to ever do it. While I don't like the music he has put out post Eminem show, I can't discredit his 5 year reign as one of the best ever.

If it was a top 10 hip hop artists and not rapper I would make a case for Lauryn Hill but since it is top 10 rappers I agree with you there.

Nas should be above Rakim and Lil Wayne/Kendrick probably shouldn't be on the list.

[Image: aOowRDF.png]

I think their top 5 isn't that bad I probably wouldn't include Rakim personally.

I don't really see what is wrong with Em at 3. The only thing I would discredit is he has some corny gimmicky songs, but dude was strung out for a lot his creative process. He has everything you look for in a rapper - something different, cadence, flow, delivery. He really sees the instrumental as a canvas where alot of rappers are just flowing bar by bar, he stitches his bars together with creative delivery. Not to mention he came up in an era when people really battled, and freestyled and excelled in that.

The majority of rap (and popular music) is based in 4/4 c major so the main rhythm is kick snare kick repeat (obviously other shit is going on but this isn't music theory.)

<object width="460" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yW57JMR3bXg"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yW57JMR3bXg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="460" height="315"></embed></object>

[Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: qp9sjzw.png] [Image: QPhJjnn.png] [Image: cz7Q1LV.png] [Image: RapExQb.png] [Image: sXGJ3Yn.png]
-----
[Image: aasdAwo.png]

Canada Update Thread | Player Page Canada

Quote:Originally posted by JayTee@Nov 18 2015, 09:04 AM

Eminem at 3 isn't really a stretch since from a lyricist standpoint and delivery he is one of the best to ever do it. While I don't like the music he has put out post Eminem show, I can't discredit his 5 year reign as one of the best ever.

If it was a top 10 hip hop artists and not rapper I would make a case for Lauryn Hill but since it is top 10 rappers I agree with you there.

Nas should be above Rakim and Lil Wayne/Kendrick probably shouldn't be on the list.

Ilike

Where do you put pac? I'd say he's top 10 but I wouldn't quite give him the top 5 nod, as a writer and a poet, story teller. His actual rapping has always felt a little inconsistent to me, being born on the west coast he's seen as a savior.

I would probably put Guru and Jada in as 9 and 10. I feel Redman has been super slept on his whole career as well.

Quote:Originally posted by probablydrunk@Nov 18 2015, 09:16 AM

Ilike

Where do you put pac? I'd say he's top 10 but I wouldn't quite give him the top 5 nod, as a writer and a poet, story teller.&nbsp; His actual rapping has always felt a little inconsistent to me, being born on the west coast he's seen as a savior.

I would probably put Guru and Jada in as 9 and 10.&nbsp; I feel Redman has been super slept on his whole career as well.

My personal 10

1. Biggie
2. Jay-Z
3. Eminem
4. Andre 3000
5. Nas
6. MF Doom
7. Ghost
8. Rae
9. Pac
10. El-P

that is from a purely lyrical ability standpoint. If it was pure artistry I have Kanye at 1 but as a rapper he is pretty meh.

[Image: aOowRDF.png]

Quote:Originally posted by JayTee@Nov 18 2015, 11:32 AM

My personal 10

1. Biggie
2. Jay-Z
3. Eminem
4. Andre 3000
5. Nas
6. MF Doom
7. Ghost
8. Rae
9. Pac
10. El-P

that is from a purely lyrical ability standpoint. If it was pure artistry I have Kanye at 1 but as a rapper he is pretty meh.

This is a better list, but my personal list would be:

1. Biggie
2. Jay-Z
3. Eminem
4. Nas
5. Dr. Dre
6. Pac
7. Kendrick
8. Lupe - only his old stuff though
9. J cole
10. Common

This is actually hard I keep thinking of guys id slot in over some other lol

[Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: qp9sjzw.png] [Image: QPhJjnn.png] [Image: cz7Q1LV.png] [Image: RapExQb.png] [Image: sXGJ3Yn.png]
-----
[Image: aasdAwo.png]

Canada Update Thread | Player Page Canada

Since where doing this in a serious thread now mine probably goes like this.

1. Jay
2. Biggie
3. Nas
4. Em
5. Andre

5-10 is too hard for me there are so many guys that would be jumbled in the mix.

I'm a big fan of Beanie Sigel (he got fucked over), and Fabolous never really got the play he deserves.

Yeah no Tupac automatically makes it invalid.

Biggie, Jay Z, Andre, Rakim, Nas, Ghostface and Em all belong there

Wouldn't put Lauryn Hill, Lil Wayne or Kendrick (Yet)

For me

Tupac
Biggie
Jay
Rakim
Nas
Em
Andre
Ghosface
Redman
Scarface