Create Account

HUGE NWJHL ANNOUNCEMENT Big changes

After much deliberation over the past week between both the NWJHL and SHL commissioners, it has been decided that in the best interest of the NWJHL moving forward that the league will be better off to reduce the number of teams. In doing so we've decided that the NWJHL will be reduced to 6 teams.

The two teams that will become defunct after the conclusion of the NWJHL play-offs are the Washington Patriots and the Los Angeles Archangels.

Washington has just had an absolutely horrid history, it was extremely difficult to get rid of an original 4 team but considering recent history and the lack of active juniors that have been coming through the franchise that it was best to close the book on the Patriots/Lions/Cougars franchise.

It was a little different with LA but we felt that this franchise was never really grounded, having moved and changed logos on almost a season by season basis, and also sharing a city with an SHL team played a little bit into the decision.

With that being said the GMs of these teams have not been relieved of their NWJHL GM duties, Dooley and Splat for their own reasons will no longer be the GMs of Vancouver and Detroit respectively.

Joker and Tylar will be taking their talents to the Vancouver Whalers and Ochocinco and Astorino will be packing up for Detroit.

We believe that these decisions are in the best interest of the league, despite strong recruitment drives we feel we don't have enough players to support 8 full teams, with 6 teams the NWJHL will become more competitive, teams will become deeper and we believe that the interest amungst both GMs and players will only be increased with larger rivalries and more active locker rooms. We were no longer happy just standing idly by with some teams rotting with no actives and we believe that this will only make the NWJHL stronger in the long-run.

I'd like to thank all the GMs and soon-to-be-former GMs for their co-operation in these proceedings and I wish all of you the best of luck as the play-offs come to a close.

Both the Archangels and Patriots franchises will be put into the NWJHL Hall of Fame, I will be looking for someone to complete write-ups on these teams to put into the NWJHL Hall of Fame so these teams and their alumni will not be forgotten.

Now I just sit and wait for the ensuing shitstorm.

[Image: ArmiaJr.png]

I'd like to thank all of the GMs and Commissioners from both the NWJHL and SHL involved in this process for their co-operation. Made it a lot easier on us, so thanks a lot.

Now to the bomb shelter.

i got a team its all good

:battalion: :battalion: :battalion: :battalion:

To start this thread on a good note.

I trust the commish's on this one.

Browsing through threads the NWJHL hasn't been as active as it has the potential to be if people just pool together more.

Beauty decision, way to go bub.

Thanks to everyone that worked hard for those teams but everyone knew with the low activity level that changes needed to happen. I feel like this is the appropriate action.

*hides in bunker seeing the incoming shitstorm*

[Image: BrettBroadway.gif]
[Image: Hunter.png]

Ilike

[Image: NiclasWastlund26.gif]
#40 Niclas Wastlund - W - VANCOUVER WHALERS Whalers / MINNESOTA MONARCHS Monarchs
[Image: vlPUU9v.png][Image: ammBPLt.png][Image: rnZeas5.png][Image: V9MXpXR.png]

Wadey & Tez making a good decision? Must be a miracle :ph34r:

Ilike

[Image: tylard13.gif]
Made by Rindiee, rum_ham & Carpy

Jacob Mueller S5-S
Julien Dupont S6-S13
S9 Challenge Cup - Calgary Dragons
IIHF Gold - Germany
Rufus Reinhart S13-S24
S14 Challenge Cup - Texas Renegades
Christoffer Björnsson - S25-S35
S25 Four Stars Cup
S26 Tom Corcoran Trophy - SMJHL Top Goalie

Sami Owens - S36-S52
S38 IIHF Bronze - Canada
S39 IIHF Gold - Canada
S42 IIHF Silver - Canada
S51 Challenge Cup Champion - HAM
Liam Slate - S54-Present
S53 WJC Bronze - British Isles
S54 WJC Silver - British Isles
S55 Four Star Cup Champion - Newfoundland Berserkers
S57 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S58 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S60 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S61 IIIHF Gold - Great Britain
S67 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
S68 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
Triple Gold Club

Sad Ketchup -Present
S76 Ryan Jesster Trophy Winner

Sounds reasonable imho Smile

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]

It is for the best.

Like the decision

Or maybe no shitstorm Aggrieved

[Image: ArmiaJr.png]

What shitstorm are you people talking about, this is a good idea.

[Image: S3zuZxo.png]
[Image: 10cjae8.png]

Quote:Originally posted by ♕Wadey♕™@Jun 13 2012, 10:06 PM
Or maybe no shitstorm Aggrieved

Now you've jinxed it! OH GOD!