Create Account

NFL Discussion Thread

Quote:Originally posted by Rezik@Jan 13 2016, 11:22 AM
Browns have hired Hue Jackson. Told the Browns he wanted to move on from Manziel.

Looks like browns will probably be taking Goff at #2

What is your reasoning for taking Goff over Lynch?

Most analysts say Lynch has the better upside, but Goff is more refined now. So do the Browns take Goff in a 'win now' move?

The questions around Lynch seem similar to the ones around Blake Bortles - I think he has progressed well all things considered.

Quote:Originally posted by probablydrunk@Jan 13 2016, 11:33 AM

Most analysts say Lynch has the better upside, but Goff is more refined now.  So do the Browns take Goff in a 'win now' move?

The questions around Lynch seem similar to the ones around Blake Bortles - I think he has progressed well all things considered.
I'd take Lynch over Goff in a heartbeat.

Quote:Originally posted by probablydrunk@Jan 13 2016, 02:33 PM

Most analysts say Lynch has the better upside, but Goff is more refined now.  So do the Browns take Goff in a 'win now' move?

Because Goff is better. if Lynch has more upside its only because he can run alot better, but QBs like Lynch dont work out.

Goff did alot of things in college Luck did by calling his own plays, formations on the line, and WR routes. He had the same job Peyton Manning does, except as a 21 year old in college.

Goff is also incredibly accurate, heres part of an article i posted on a browns forum

Beyond 20 yards Goff completed 45% of his passes, 11-19 he was 72% and inside 10 yards he was around 80%. behind the LOS he was around 94 %, while his WRs droped 50 catchable passes

over 10 yards Goffs total was 64% over 10 yards on just shy of 175 attempts

on third downs he was also very deadly, going 85% in 3rd and 1-4, 3rd and 5-9 he was 75% and 3rd and 10 and long he was still over 70% (added in edit)

in comparison, Lynch was around 50% on passes over 20 yards, but he attempted less than 50. in 11-20 range he was around 63%, inside 10 yards Lynch was 76% inside 10 yards, behind the LOS he was 91%. his WRs dropped just 35 catchable passes

the farther Lynch had to throw, the lot less accurate he became, and thats scary when over 10 yards he completed just 57% of his passes over 10 yards on just 114 attempts

and Goff was doing it vs much talented players in the P10 compared to CUSA. Lynch has the measureables, but he is so far behind in terms of pure QB talent he's probably never going to hit his potential, its Matt Jones all over again IMO

Carson Wentz > any nfl prospect

Quote:Originally posted by 701 aka YUNG GUAP GOD@Jan 13 2016, 04:16 PM
Carson Wentz > any nfl prospect

i would take him 2nd behind Goff, but he's not ahead of Goff.

again doesn't have the accuracy especially deep (20+ yards) where he completed just 38% of his passes. he even struggled to throw screen and behind the LOS type passes where he was just an 82% passer. his inside 10 yards is nice at 74%, but then i see Goff at 80%. Wentz also didn't have to make the hard throws, he didn't make a whole lot of back shoulder throws in college for example. something he will have to learn, and its alot harder to learn in the NFL.

Quote:Originally posted by Rezik@Jan 13 2016, 04:26 PM

i would take him 2nd behind Goff, but he's not ahead of Goff.

again doesn't have the accuracy especially deep (20+ yards) where he completed just 38% of his passes. he even struggled to throw screen and behind the LOS type passes where he was just an 82% passer.  his inside 10 yards is nice at 74%, but then i see Goff at 80%. Wentz also didn't have to make the hard throws, he didn't make a whole lot of back shoulder throws in college for example. something he will have to learn, and its alot harder to learn in the NFL.
I'm just biased, from North Dakota and I've never seen a prospect from here like him.

Hope he goes on to do great things in the NFL.

Quote:Originally posted by 701 aka YUNG GUAP GOD@Jan 13 2016, 04:29 PM

I'm just biased, from North Dakota and I've never seen a prospect from here like him.

Hope he goes on to do great things in the NFL.

if he can land on a team to sit for 2 years he probably will do great things, but he'll probably land in Houston or SF and play long before he's ready. New England would be a great spot, Pittsburgh maybe, New York and Chicago wouldn't be bad either.

Goff's prob the best QB but idk if that's saying much. I'd rather pick up a Treadwell, Stanley or something and get a QB later in the draft like a Cardale or something.

Chances are whoever picks Goff will suck next year anyways so I'd rather pick up a great prospect at another position, pick a project in later rounds and look to next year which is a better QB draft.

I actually think Goff can be pretty good but he's no sure thing and next year has better options lol

RIPDAVE

Quote:Originally posted by Trill@Jan 12 2016, 10:39 AM

You not a Patricia fan? I feel like he'd be a good HC haha. But obv you follow the Pats more than I do
He's a fine coordinator but I just can't see him being a great HC.

Quote:Originally posted by Rezik@Jan 13 2016, 04:34 PM

if he can land on a team to sit for 2 years he probably will do great things, but he'll probably land in Houston or SF and play long before he's ready. New England would be a great spot, Pittsburgh maybe, New York and Chicago wouldn't be bad either.

Lmao put him in Chicago and fans will be calling for Cutler's head after his usual string of INTs and Wentz will get forced into action sooner than he should be.

I do agree that NE, PIT, NY would be good spots but I think they'd go elsewhere to take advantage of the end of their QBs careers. Dallas is probably the best spot

RIPDAVE

Quote:Originally posted by Shevy Shev@Jan 13 2016, 04:38 PM

He's a fine coordinator but I just can't see him being a great HC.

I hope he ends up being a good HC. Seems like a good dude and can coach but you may be right

RIPDAVE

Scooby is the best player in this draft, just for the name alone :lol:

[Image: eyM9Y3U.png]

[Image: 2gotrRl.png]

Why do you think New England? Just curious.

Brady has said repeatedly he wants to play until he's 45 and I don't see New England moving on from him so long as Belichik is coach, and even behind him we have Garropolo who has looked impressive in his limited NFL time, I think he'd be good in the other teams you mentioned (assuming you're talking about the Jets not the Giants because I like Nassib as Eli's successor) but just don't think the Pats would be a "great spot" other than to learn from TB12

Thank you to My boys @Merica and @Ragnar for the lovely sigs!
[Image: wrexks.png]
[Image: WREXKS.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Trill@Jan 13 2016, 04:38 PM

Lmao put him in Chicago and fans will be calling for Cutler's head after his usual string of INTs and Wentz will get forced into action sooner than he should be.

I do agree that NE, PIT, NY would be good spots but I think they'd go elsewhere to take advantage of the end of their QBs careers. Dallas is probably the best spot

Cutler just posted the highest QB rating and lowest INT total in his career for a 15+ game season. Gase and Fox did wonders for him.

I highly doubt the Pats draft him.
They seem to really like Garropollo