Create Account

NFL Discussion Thread

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2604748...ise-quarterback

a great read on Goff.

Quote:Originally posted by Rezik@Jan 13 2016, 08:23 PM

and the eye test is seeing what people want to see, not always reality.  If you can show me something that has logic to your opinion other than "well because i said so" then show me, but theres alot of things that go against your opinion that can be backed up by numbers.

and BTW, the Browns new Chief Strategy officer is the same guy who helped invent moneyball in baseball, which means they will look at stats alot more often then an eye test.
I'm confused, how is the eye test not always reality? I mean if you are witnessing it in front of your eyes, that means it isn't true? I get analytics are huge to you, but tell me how many times that whole Athletics club won the World Series after hiring Peter Brand. Analytics might be cool and all but they aren't everything. Goff is a good talent, never said otherwise. However in a relatively weaker draft at that position, he is made to look better than what you'd usually find at that position in any other draft. All I said is stop painting him as the next great one with the comments. He might be a good talent and that may or may not translate to the NFL, but listing him in the Andrew Luck conversation seems a bit stretched.

I should mention that your comment about analysts and ESPN guys saying he is the real deal, many of the same guys reporting on these guys (including Goff) said Ryan Leaf was the real deal as well. Can't believe everyone out there in the media.

Show you? Well considering you have google, the numbers are there as you presented. You are asking me to show you game tape of him or what?

[Image: cDMBWce.png]
[Image: 0tCQttQ.png]
LA Panthers Goaltender

Patriots over Chiefs
Steelers over Broncos

Seahawks over Panthers
Cardinals over Packers

Tell vegas

[Image: kickz_jr.png]
Thanks to Merica for my sig

Quote:Originally posted by Nike@Jan 13 2016, 10:49 PM
Patriots over Chiefs
Steelers over Broncos

Seahawks over Panthers
Cardinals over Packers

Tell vegas
As much as I hope it happens, I can't see the Steelers winning in Denver with a banged up Roethlisberger and Brown.
That's why they play the games tho

Quote:Originally posted by Rezik@Jan 13 2016, 08:27 PM

you draft them if the numbers say he's worth the pick, and msot of the numbers support that idea. Scheme in college doesn't mean a whole lot, and it will mean almost nothing going forward with alot of big schools getting away from NFL style football and more basketball on grass football spread.

the Browns have a failed because they haven't had a QB, Dont have a QB you dont get out of the basement. Even an average QB could have helped the Browns over the years, hell look at Hoyer, his first 14 or 15 starts with the Browns he won something like 9 or 10 of those games.
Scheme doesn't mean a whole lot? That comment just won me over. Scheme can mean a huge deal when drafting a guy out of position when you don't have the right coaching for it.

LA Panthers Goaltender

Quote:Originally posted by Reynolds@Jan 13 2016, 10:51 PM

Scheme doesn't mean a whole lot? That comment just won me over. Scheme can mean a huge deal when drafting a guy out of position when you don't have the right coaching for it.

Yeah...I was gonna comment on that lol.

Guys can't always fit in a certain scheme even with great coaching or whatever it may be. I mean DeMarco Murray was the rushing leader last year, had 700 this year cause of scheme issues. (I know he's not a QB just the most prominent recent example). Some guys can fit in any scheme, most can't.

RIPDAVE

Quote:Originally posted by Shevy Shev@Jan 13 2016, 10:50 PM

As much as I hope it happens, I can't see the Steelers winning in Denver with a banged up Roethlisberger and Brown.
That's why they play the games tho

I actually think that the Steelers can beat Denver despite the injuries...

Peyton could turn the ball over 6 times

Quote:Originally posted by Trill@Jan 13 2016, 08:59 PM

Yeah...I was gonna comment on that lol.

Guys can't always fit in a certain scheme even with great coaching or whatever it may be. I mean DeMarco Murray was the rushing leader last year, had 700 this year cause of scheme issues. (I know he's not a QB just the most prominent recent example)

Some guys can fit in any scheme, most can't. So I really don't understand his comment :lol:
Jimmy Graham is in a run first scheme in Seattle. Having him out there blocking when he never was a great blocker, somewhat killed their running game.

Suh in Miami started the year having to plug a two-gap scheme much like Albert Haynesworth was asked to do in Washington. Both were ineffective at it because they were guys who could exploit one gap on every play. They'd be forced to take on multiple offensive lineman just because of the scheme. After the Coordinator was fired in Miami, Suh started to be his old beastly self.

LA Panthers Goaltender

Quote:Originally posted by Nike@Jan 13 2016, 11:01 PM

I would love to see that Smile)

Quote:Originally posted by Nike@Jan 13 2016, 11:01 PM

It's not the Super Bowl yet, but it is playoffs, so 3 picks

Thank you to My boys @Merica and @Ragnar for the lovely sigs!
[Image: wrexks.png]
[Image: WREXKS.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Jan 13 2016, 11:15 PM

It's not the Super Bowl yet, but it is playoffs, so 3 picks
Hey, Peyton is 1-1 in the Super Bowl.
That's a lot better than his WC/divisional/AFC champ playoff record Smile)

Quote:Originally posted by Shevy Shev@Jan 13 2016, 11:21 PM

Hey, Peyton is 1-1 in the Super Bowl.
That's a lot better than his WC/divisional/AFC champ playoff record Smile)
Very true Smile) truly baffles me how he goes from so good to so bad so quickly once the games actually matter, I mean I know choking is a thing, but I'm having a hard time finding anyone else who chokes as bad, and as much as Mr "Chicken Parm you taste so good"

Thank you to My boys @Merica and @Ragnar for the lovely sigs!
[Image: wrexks.png]
[Image: WREXKS.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Reynolds@Jan 13 2016, 10:44 PM

I'm confused, how is the eye test not always reality? I mean if you are witnessing it in front of your eyes, that means it isn't true? I get analytics are huge to you, but tell me how many times that whole Athletics club won the World Series after hiring Peter Brand. Analytics might be cool and all but they aren't everything. Goff is a good talent, never said otherwise. However in a relatively weaker draft at that position, he is made to look better than what you'd usually find at that position in any other draft. All I said is stop painting him as the next great one with the comments. He might be a good talent and that may or may not translate to the NFL, but listing him in the Andrew Luck conversation seems a bit stretched.

I should mention that your comment about analysts and ESPN guys saying he is the real deal, many of the same guys reporting on these guys (including Goff) said Ryan Leaf was the real deal as well. Can't believe everyone out there in the media.

Show you? Well considering you have google, the numbers are there as you presented. You are asking me to show you game tape of him or what?

you think the eye test matters? :lol: thats funny. i've already explained how it doesn't matter. your eyes tell you to see what you want to see, if everyone always saw the same thing no one would ever be wrong. Analytics at least tell you why you could be wrong, but i couldn't care less about someones eye test.

analytics are huge to the sports world, not just me, but you know cant ever admit that im right, like usual. :lol: why else would they be used all over baseball and basketball if they weren't a big deal. and they aren't everything, but they are 90% of it if not more.

no its not a bit stretched, had the same amount of say in the offense, was even more accurate, better foot work the only think luck has on him is size and athletic ability to run a bit.

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Jan 13 2016, 11:25 PM

Very true Smile) truly baffles me how he goes from so good to so bad so quickly once the games actually matter, I mean I know choking is a thing, but I'm having a hard time finding anyone else who chokes as bad, and as much as Mr "Chicken Parm you taste so good"

Wait...Esa is Peyton Manning... :o :o :o

Quote:Originally posted by Rezik@Jan 13 2016, 10:27 PM

you think the eye test matters?  :lol: thats funny.  i've already explained how it doesn't matter. your eyes tell you to see what you want to see, if everyone always saw the same thing no one would ever be wrong. Analytics at least tell you why you could be wrong, but i couldn't care less about someones eye test.

analytics are huge to the sports world, not just me, but you know cant ever admit that im right, like usual.  :lol: why else would they be used all over baseball and basketball if they weren't a big deal.  and they aren't everything, but they are 90% of it if not more.

no its not a bit stretched, had the same amount of say in the offense, was even more accurate, better foot work the only think luck has on him is size and athletic ability to run a bit.

Analytics don't exactly tell you why you could be wrong, only that something is wrong.

[Image: SS19INy.jpg]

[Image: d9J5DHT.png]  [Image: 16PgOBm.png]