Create Account

Jackson Weekes | Retirement

Quote:Originally posted by Bojo@Feb 8 2016, 04:23 PM

But your team is in third place playing against strong teams like Edmonton Calgary Seattle and Winnipeg. It's not going to be easy to be the best

Yeah but I have a .901%, 7th in the league. Last year I finished 8th with a .898%. That's awful.

Quote:Originally posted by Jackson@Feb 8 2016, 05:32 PM

Yeah but I have a .901%, 7th in the league. Last year I finished 8th with a .898%. That's awful.
So with the recent discussion of going to a higher scoring sim, would you say this kind of result is disheartening enough or would you support going to a sim where goaltenders typically have .850 SV%s?

Having had the same experience as you, to a near tee, I understand the frustration that comes with it. I wish you luck, friend. It's just sad and unexpected to see me outlast you. It was nice to feud though. You were a great goalie.

An old man's dream ended. A young man's vision of the future opened wide. Young men have visions, old men have dreams. But the place for old men to dream is beside the fire.
[Image: DOF5tXM.png]
[Image: tjyuut.jpg] 
Thanks to Jackson, Copenhagen, and Harry Hans!

GOING DOWN IN STYLE. TOAST4LYFE

Quote:Originally posted by Jackson@Feb 8 2016, 06:32 PM

Yeah but I have a .901%, [b]7th in the league
. Last year I finished 8th with a .898%. That's awful.[/b]

Perhaps he'd be okay with a .898% if it was first in the league JayWhy Wink

(also still saying we should change it to more shots but still find a way for goalies to be around .900)

[Image: livius.gif]

Quote:Originally posted by bbp@Feb 8 2016, 06:07 PM

Perhaps he'd be okay with a .898% if it was first in the league JayWhy Wink

(also still saying we should change it to more shots but still find a way for goalies to be around .900)
Maybe, but it doesn't change that the sim being random in that way could make him have instead an .876 and be 7th in the league still, but even worse now.

An old man's dream ended. A young man's vision of the future opened wide. Young men have visions, old men have dreams. But the place for old men to dream is beside the fire.
[Image: DOF5tXM.png]
[Image: tjyuut.jpg] 
Thanks to Jackson, Copenhagen, and Harry Hans!

GOING DOWN IN STYLE. TOAST4LYFE

Quote:Originally posted by JayWhy@Feb 8 2016, 07:15 PM

Maybe, but it doesn't change that the sim being random in that way could make him have instead an .876 and be 7th in the league still, but even worse now.
can we see the index's from that era to see how high TPE goalies performed compared to lower TPE goalies? indexs don't work for me :(

[Image: livius.gif]

Damn, can't say I saw this happening anytime soon. Good luck with your new player if you decide to recreate.

[Image: CamNosreh.png]

I love you?

Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab
[Image: 64012_s.gif]
Sigs by Me, Merica, High Stick King, Rum_Ham, Jess, vulfzilla, enigmatic, and Carpy
Stampede  Kraken
❤!! RIP to the big homies 701 and Mac !!❤

Damn Weekes, you had some good runs sir. Good retirement mate.

[Image: thejesster435.gif]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ryan Jesster - HoF Goalie (S1-S14)
Proud Calgary Dragon Alumni 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dragons | Sweden | Raptors

Quote:Originally posted by WZjang@Feb 8 2016, 03:54 PM
Which people are you most thankful for? Who helped you in your adjustment to the SHL/ Who are some of your favorite teammates?

The crew in St. Louis was great when I was in the minors. We had a nice, manageable locker room and JP was a solid GM to me. Wasty was helpful from the moment I joined the SHL, being supportive all along and encouraging. Park was helpful to me as he answered a lot of questions about how to build and earn TPE, since he knew who I was all along. Fever answered some questions unknowingly, as I pretended to ask about McBride to get information for Weekes. JayWhy was an incredibly motivation because of how much he hated my articles and because he drafted Pedersons over me and tried to defend it. I wanted to prove him wrong. I think I did.

Pretty much everyone on Los Angeles and Texas has been solid as far as teammates are concerned, except for Jamie Shitler.

Weekes was a helluva player, congrats on a very good career bud

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]

Quote:Originally posted by JayWhy@Feb 8 2016, 04:59 PM

So with the recent discussion of going to a higher scoring sim, would you say this kind of result is disheartening enough or would you support going to a sim where goaltenders typically have .850 SV%s?

Having had the same experience as you, to a near tee, I understand the frustration that comes with it. I wish you luck, friend. It's just sad and unexpected to see me outlast you. It was nice to feud though. You were a great goalie.

The part that is disheartening is how powerless you are. For seasons now I've just been stuck at max capacity on my attributes, so I essentially am now just at the mercy of the simulator, which can go from legendary season to scrub in a matter of moments. The early career didn't bother me as much because I was still improving and had things to work on - once you're maxed out you expect to play at an elite level and it is frustrating when you don't, especially when you know you can because you have. I just don't feel like spending a ton of seasons doing the same thing every time and expecting different results (I've heard that's called insanity).

Quote:Originally posted by Jackson@Feb 8 2016, 11:40 PM

The part that is disheartening is how powerless you are. For seasons now I've just been stuck at max capacity on my attributes, [b]so I essentially am now just at the mercy of the simulator, which can go from legendary season to scrub in a matter of moments
. The early career didn't bother me as much because I was still improving and had things to work on - once you're maxed out you expect to play at an elite level and it is frustrating when you don't, especially when you know you can because you have. I just don't feel like spending a ton of seasons doing the same thing every time and expecting different results (I've heard that's called insanity).[/b]

Dang. That's poignant - and I get it.

[Image: OaSEcaw]

Quote:Originally posted by GCool@Feb 9 2016, 06:55 AM

Dang. That's poignant - and I get it.

It's 100 percent true though. It's why you see a 450 TPE player getting 50 points in a season and a 1200 TPE player getting 30. It's why there's a new elite goalie every season even when TPE doesn't change that much.

Sigs by Me, Merica, High Stick King, Rum_Ham, Jess, vulfzilla, enigmatic, and Carpy
Stampede  Kraken

Quote:Originally posted by Ragnar#sweg( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)@Feb 9 2016, 09:50 AM

It's 100 percent true though. It's why you see a 450 TPE player getting 50 points in a season and a 1200 TPE player getting 30. It's why there's a new elite goalie every season even when TPE doesn't change that much.

Damn who is this 450 beast, you must introduce me. :0

[Image: thejesster435.gif]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ryan Jesster - HoF Goalie (S1-S14)
Proud Calgary Dragon Alumni 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dragons | Sweden | Raptors

Good talk Jackson.

Stampede  Kraken