Create Account

De Bruin Bound for Halifax

<div align="center"> ***BREAKING NEWS***
Leif De Bruin Inks Preliminary Deal for Playoffs
</div>

<div align="center">[Image: AirCanada.jpg]

</div>Wow, that happened quick! Shortly after declaring himself eligible for the SMJHL S28 entry draft, center Leif De Bruin inked a preliminary deal with the Halifax Raiders. While the Raiders brass have yet to comment on the deal, it is believed that the contract is worth in the neighborhood of $2,000,000 and will keep De Bruin with the team through their playoff push and up until the entry draft. Similar contracts have been inked by top prospects in the past and can be a great way for high-end players to debut their talents. It will also give Leif a rare opportunity to taste the SMJHL competition before he takes the leap of becoming a full-time junior after the draft. Experience like this is not easy to come by and can often vault a player in the mock drafts. While there are positives for both sides, these contracts unfortunately do not lock players down long term. Following the Halifax Raiders playoff run De Bruin will immediately become a draft eligible rookie for the S28 class and could possibly be drafted by another club. It is unclear what role De Bruin will play in the Raiders line-up, however, don’t expect a ton of ice time. Most of the time players in these scenarios play limited minutes on a 3rd or 4th line. This allows coaches to manage these in-experienced athletes a little closer and prevent them from being thrust directly into the fire. Hockey insider Jean Ekman was able to track De Bruin down just as he was boarding a plane to Halifax. Let’s listen in to what he had to say.

Jean: Leif, Leif! Just a second of your time before you get aboard the plane.

(Leif De Bruin peers over his shoulder and appears a little surprised to see Jean Ekman and a camera man standing just behind the roped-off line preparing to board Air Canada.)

LDB: Sorry guys, not today. I’m a little busy right now but I would love to catch up with you at another time.

(Leif smiles and waves at the camera attempting to be polite as he shuffles forward in the line.)

Jean: It will only take a second of your time Leif. (Jean Ekman pushes forward sticking the microphone in De Bruins face) What went into your decision to sign with Halifax instead of waiting until the draft?

(Leif tilts his head away from the microphone, clearly annoyed at the persistent reporter.)

LDB: Ummmm, I just think it was the best decision for me at this time. How better to prepare for the SMJHL than to get in their and play a few games. (Leif pushes the microphone away from his face.) Really that’s all guys, I’m just trying to catch a flight.

(The persistent reports don’t give in)

Jean: Leif, why Halifax though? Of all the opportunities you had, why would you choose Halifax for your destination?

(At this point Leif is clearly getting agitated and waves over a member of his entourage)

LDB: Halifax is a great city and I think they can really help me in my development. I’m looking forward to putting on a Raider jersey. Really guys the interviews over, let’s shut off the camera.

(Leif reaches out and covers the camera lens with his palm. At this point a larger man of African American decent comes over and begins to push the reporters back.)

Entourage Member: You boys deaf or something? The man said turn off the camera.

Jean: Wait Leif! Just one more question! Leif please!

(At this point Leif has walked out of range and has boarded the plane. The reporter lowers his microphone.)

Entourage Member: Hit the bricks pal! Shows over! (The man continues to push back the hockey insider.)

Jean: Well that’s all we are going to get today folks. As you can see, a very un-cooperative Leif De Bruin preparing to depart for Halifax. Hopefully the Raiders can get more out of him than we could.

Word 658

Good stuff!

raiders

[Image: Piastri2.png?ex=65ba64d4&is=65a7efd4&hm=...462889f09&]
[Image: or8VMxO.gif]

I think you made a good call!

[Image: W8ZyU0w.png]
[Image: EilhEKw.gif]

Wolfpack Canada Battleborn

Wooo raiders raiders raiders

[Image: BrettBroadway.gif]
[Image: Hunter.png]