Create Account

Official Montreal Announcement

Quote:Originally posted by ThatDamnWalrus@Mar 5 2016, 09:51 PM

I still consider that a re-color.

The mammoths logo is based off of this

[Image: 9032_omaha_mammoths-primary-2014.png]

And i still consider it a re-color.

I have no problem with logo re-works or re-colors whatever you want to call them. As long as it looks good. IDC if a logo is original if it looks like trash. Which the Militia one does.
eh i don't like classifying them as "re-colors" which is a 5 minute job in photoshop.

[Image: NiclasWastlund26.gif]
#40 Niclas Wastlund - W - VANCOUVER WHALERS Whalers / MINNESOTA MONARCHS Monarchs
[Image: vlPUU9v.png][Image: ammBPLt.png][Image: rnZeas5.png][Image: V9MXpXR.png]

Let's not get bogged down in what is and is not a recolor and how much work people did on stuff. Let's continue talking about not being big fans of this rebranding. :ph34r:

The color scheme doesn't bother me, but Militia seems uninspired and I'm not a fan of the logo. It doesn't look clean to me, and it's bland imho.

I have no attachment to the Impact to care about the rebranding other than just the quality of the new concept.

Quote:Originally posted by Bursts@Mar 6 2016, 01:01 AM
I have no attachment to the Impact to care about the rebranding other than just the quality of the new concept.

but eh, you're also an expert on why members who have been around for years are upset after your few months here? foh

[Image: BrettBroadway.gif]
[Image: Hunter.png]

I mean, I know when I think someone is acting silly. None of this is real and it's not your call. You aren't the GM, and nobody in charge seems to think they can't do it. Be upset, that's fine, but I think some people are going a little nuts.

Resorting to "I've been here longer so my opinion is way more valid" elitism sure makes you seem mature, that's for sure.

Quote:Originally posted by Bursts@Mar 6 2016, 02:23 AM
I mean, I know when I think someone is acting silly. None of this is real and it's not your call. You aren't the GM, and nobody in charge seems to think they can't do it. Be upset, that's fine, but I think some people are going a little nuts.

[b]Resorting to "I've been here longer so my opinion is way more valid" elitism sure makes you seem mature, that's for sure.
[/b]
Could not agree more.

Quote:Originally posted by Advantage@Mar 6 2016, 01:26 AM

Could not agree more.

Hypocrisy runs wild on Saturday nights.

Quote:Originally posted by Toast@Mar 6 2016, 02:28 AM

Hypocrisy runs wild on Saturday nights.
Please explain. If you want to provide quotes..go right ahead.

Otherwise, please refrain from accusing me of hypocrisy.

Thanks.

Quote:Originally posted by Advantage@Mar 6 2016, 01:30 AM

Please explain.  If you want to provide quotes..go right ahead.

Otherwise, please refrain from accusing me of hypocrisy.

Thanks.

It's the exact sort of elitism I've experienced from you in different leagues for most of our discussions. I'm not going through to search for examples, but it's amusing that you're calling me out for it.

Quote:Originally posted by Toast@Mar 6 2016, 02:36 AM

It's the exact sort of elitism I've experienced from you in different leagues for most of our discussions. I'm not going through to search for examples, but it's amusing that you're calling me out for it.
Elitism?

Other than saying I know things about the sim, I've been one of the biggest proponents of getting rid of that mentality within the VHL BOG. So I find it interesting that you are accusing me of it.

And even if I may think certain things...that doesn't change the fact that you are flat out coming out and saying it.

But sure accuse me of something that's in your head and I'll just shut up and not express my opinion anymore Smile

Sorry to upset you in YOUR league. I'll go back to "mine" if you want.

My point is Toast: "but eh, you're also an expert on why members who have been around for years are upset after your few months here? foh"

^ Saying that to a rather harmless post where Bursts just shared their opinion is absolutely ridiculous. That's how you lose members. Saying shit like that. I know I would never say something to that effect because frankly..one of my biggest issues with the VHL and SHL is that not everyone's opinion is valued and some people like to express that.

Commissioner statement regarding the change

http://theshl.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showt...dpost&p=1786520

[Image: dZqcwmW.jpg?format=webp&width=710&height=473]

Grizzlies      S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK      Grizzlies
Argonauts        S77 SHL DRAFT 4TH OVERALL PICK          Argonauts
norway                     IIHF TEAM NORWAY                       norway

Quote:Originally posted by Advantage@Mar 6 2016, 01:47 AM
My point is Toast: "but eh, you're also an expert on why members who have been around for years are upset after your few months here? foh"

^ Saying that to a rather harmless post where Bursts just shared their opinion is absolutely ridiculous.  That's how you lose members.  Saying shit like that.  I know I would never say something to that effect because frankly..one of my biggest issues with the VHL and SHL is that not everyone's opinion is valued and some people like to express that.

I think he said it because I downrepped him for being harsh. Tongue

And I don't really care if he thinks his opinion is more important. I ain't gonna be pushed around by anybody.

Wait people are talking shit on Wastys work?

Ya'll can fuck off!

I guarantee you more thought was put into our logo then you think.

raiders

[Image: Piastri2.png?ex=65ba64d4&is=65a7efd4&hm=...462889f09&]
[Image: or8VMxO.gif]

Quote:Originally posted by vbottas17@Mar 5 2016, 11:21 PM
Wait people are talking shit on Wastys work?

Ya'll can fuck off!

I guarantee you more thought was put into our logo then you think.

raiders
Eh no worries man, it's all good. Cheers

[Image: NiclasWastlund26.gif]
#40 Niclas Wastlund - W - VANCOUVER WHALERS Whalers / MINNESOTA MONARCHS Monarchs
[Image: vlPUU9v.png][Image: ammBPLt.png][Image: rnZeas5.png][Image: V9MXpXR.png]

lol

[Image: 336.jpg]