Create Account

Press Release: Määttä Comes Out

Code:
Word count: 382

[Ready for Grading]

For immediate release:

Montreal Militia defenseman Ilmari Määttä announced in a press conference after practice today that he was coming out as bisexual.

Määttä has had a strong rookie season and says he feels comfortable in his locker room. “The room has been great and I’m really happy here in Montreal. I’m in a comfortable place and I think now is a good time, before the playoffs get any closer.

“I’m single and not dating anyone, so there are no stakes here,” Määttä said. “And I don’t mean for my personal life to be an inspiration, or a role model, or a conversation piece. But at the same time, I am lucky enough to feel safe that I can do this, and come out on a public scale. So I wanted to do it.

“I don’t want this to be a big deal, and I probably won’t mention it much again. But I was waiting for a time where I felt like I could talk about it, and decided there wouldn’t be one, unless I made that time for myself. And if I was going to be uncomfortable, I might as well do it early on and just keep playing and living the way I have been, and hopefully people will move on and get over it. This is my personal life, and it doesn’t change anything I do for hockey. At the same time, I don’t want to worry about hiding it. So I talked to my agent and some friends and teammates and we thought it was better to come out in front of any story that might happen.

“The thing is, is that on the ice it doesn’t really matter to me. When I was worried about it, in the past, it was always something I could set aside when I went to practice, went to games. Hockey always came first. When I was playing hockey, I wasn’t thinking about my sexual orientation. I was just thinking about hockey and playing as good as I know how. Even when I got teased in school or when I worried about coming out to my family, I knew I could always turn to hockey. And that isn’t going to change.”

Ilmari will not take questions today. Thank you for your time.

Ilike :-x

[Image: thistidalwave.gif]

ArmadaUkSpecters
Player | Updates

Hmmm..... One of the more interesting, unusual articles I've seen on here. Refreshingly original tho!

I think that's the first article with a title like that that didn't end up just being a stupid pun Smile

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]

[Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: Marius_buffalo.png]

08-24-2018, 01:08 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Ah yes, the veteran meme player. A surefire bet for maybe 400 TPE Tongue
05-23-2020, 02:25 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Scoop AINEC
[Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif]

[Image: Poppity.png]
^^^^^ Thank you JSSSSS
[Image: Poopity_Scoop_1.png]
^^^^Credits to Snussu^^^^

[Image: Scoop.png]

Follow ur dreams

[Image: 46381_s.gif]
sigs by ToeDragon84
[Image: Jpcs9tG.png]

Ha, GAAAAAAYYYYY

Alright got that out of the way. Tension over.

S2, S5, S18, S22 Challenge Cup Champion
Hall Of Famers: (S7) Alex Reay | (S28) Daniel Merica

[Image: mckeiltbb.png]
[Image: Merica5.gif]
Thanks to Ragnar, Wasty and myself for the sigs.

Quote:Originally posted by Merica@Apr 8 2016, 04:00 PM
Ha, GAAAAAAYYYYY

Alright got that out of the way. Tension over.

SHL triggered in 3...2...

Is Baelor implying that Maatta is an alien?

[Image: pb_olli.gif]

Profile | Updates

[Image: vtXGfpR.png]

[Image: N2ANQtw.png]

Quote:Originally posted by prettyburn@Apr 8 2016, 05:25 PM
Is Baelor implying that Maatta is an alien?

Probably an illegal one.