Quote:Originally posted by JayTee@May 22 2016, 01:04 PM
Why you hate everything I like.

What'd I hate this time?

Quote:Originally posted by Spangle@May 22 2016, 09:55 AM

What'd I hate this time?
16 candlestick

[Image: aOowRDF.png]

7/10 on The Burbs is heartbreaking. One of Hanks' best acting performances imo

Just finished watching Lucky Number Slevin, good movie.

Quote:Originally posted by Gifter of Bikes@May 22 2016, 02:29 PM
7/10 on The Burbs is heartbreaking. One of Hanks' best acting performances imo

I liked it though! Really fun movie. 7/10 for me means the movie was pretty good. It's just too conventional to be better than "pretty good" imo. I loved it though really fun movie.

Quote:Originally posted by JayTee@May 22 2016, 02:10 PM

16 candlestick

I was on board and loved it until they date raped that girl.

Quote:Originally posted by Spangle@May 22 2016, 02:42 PM

I was on board and loved it until they date raped that girl.

Boundary pushing in the 80s

I watched Kingsman: The Secret Service and that was a great movie for my taste! I give it a 9.9/10! :lol:

Quote:Originally posted by Spangle@May 22 2016, 05:42 PM

I liked it though! Really fun movie. 7/10 for me means the movie was pretty good. It's just too conventional to be better than "pretty good" imo. I loved it though really fun movie.

Factor in the year it was made, though, and it's a lot less conventional. God damn I love that movie. :lol:

Tom Hanks had an awesome run from 87 to 89. Dragnet, Big, The Burbs, and Turner and Hooch. Expand it a year in both directions and you can add The Money Pit and Joe vs. the Volcano. And yet it's stupid Forrest Gump and Castaway that everyone praises him for. I miss 80s comedy Tom Hanks so much.

Quote:Originally posted by Gifter of Bikes@May 22 2016, 04:13 PM

Factor in the year it was made, though, and it's a lot less conventional. God damn I love that movie. :lol:

Tom Hanks had an awesome run from 87 to 89. Dragnet, Big, The Burbs, and Turner and Hooch. Expand it a year in both directions and you can add The Money Pit and Joe vs. the Volcano. And yet it's stupid Forrest Gump and Castaway that everyone praises him for. I miss 80s comedy Tom Hanks so much.

Sleepless in Seattle his best role :D

Quote:Originally posted by JayTee@May 22 2016, 07:24 PM

Sleepless in Seattle his best role :D

He actually was good in that. :lol:

Quote:Originally posted by Gifter of Bikes@May 22 2016, 08:13 PM

It's still conventional in structure for 1989 though.

Quote:Originally posted by Spangle@May 22 2016, 08:56 PM

It's still conventional in structure for 1989 though.

I thought you meant plot

Quote:Originally posted by Gifter of Bikes@May 22 2016, 10:41 PM

I thought you meant plot

Nah but the whole suburban oddity thing had been done ad nauseam by 1989. I really likes it but it felt pretty safe and never tried to be anything more than a fun decidedly 1980s suburban comedy.