Create Account

SMJHL Season 30 Prospects: Part I

<div align="center">S30 SMJHL Draft prospects: Part I</div>

<div align="center">Joey Ryan:

[Image: 421064_1405083683669.jpg]</div>

Joey Ryan is the next player from Buster, a longstanding member of the SHL. Ryan is a two-way center from Los Angeles, California. While Joey plays a solid all-around game, he lacks strength and might need a few years to develop his frame in the SMJHL, which is surprising for someone who is already 6'4" and 220 pounds. With Buster's history of developing successful players, and a bank account that exceeds $42 million, Ryan should be a lock for the 1st round.

<div align="center">Jeff Kirkstone:

[Image: robin_lehner_ottawa_020515.jpg]</div>

Grapehead is a new member of the site, and his rookie Jeff Kirkstone is hopeful to become the next great Canadian goalie. Kirkstone wears a rather unique jersey number for a goalie, #39. He's a hybrid goalie that has some skating deficiencies, but his rebound control and agility should be able to make up for that. With the last SMJHL draft seeing a lot of goaltenders enter the league, and this draft shaping up to be another rich with goalie talent, Kirkstone might find himself falling into the later rounds of the draft. Look for him to come off the board in the 3rd or 4th round.

<div align="center">Kyle Wahlgren:

[Image: juuse_saros_finland_080713_1.jpg]</div>

Now we take a look at another goalie, Kyle Wahlgren, a young netminder coming from Finland. Wahlgren is a very talented goalie, but he lacks size which unfortunately can't be taught. GM's might need to wait around a little longer on Wahlgren in hopes that he can hit a late growth spurt, but they should be plenty happy with his compete level and technical game. Wahlgren has been very active this offseason with his training and despite the depth in this draft he should be hearing his name during the 2nd round or so. But he might just sneak into the 1st round if a team is desperate enough for a goalie prospect.

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]
[Image: KPt6Yuu.png]

Good shit kekes

[Image: Piastri2.png?ex=65ba64d4&is=65a7efd4&hm=...462889f09&]
[Image: or8VMxO.gif]

Damn parents... My mom should've hit up the mailman so I could have gotten a few more inches.

[Image: Wally.png]