Create Account

NFL Discussion Thread

Quote:Originally posted by Mark H@Aug 30 2016, 09:01 AM

Has he done anything besides sit on the bench looking for attention? If he's thrown down money towards any kind of organizations than maybe but if the only way you can think to help is you sit on your 100+ million dollars and not play a game that made you relevant than you obviously underestimate your influence.

Spoiler: Everybody has heard the whole "White people are the reason Black people are in poverty" thing. No need to raise awareness. Go do something about it.
You should google "Camp Taylor Colin Kaepernick" because you'll find that he's spent countless hours and dollars to support them. Google is your friend lol

My question is this. Since when does the Flag/Anthem equal military? Our brave military fight for our freedoms, not for our anthem. They fight so we can have the freedom to a peaceful protest (which CK quietly did) and our freedom to have a better life (which CK doesn't believe that's happening for people of color in the US). There's no law that says we have to stand for the Anthem and if we had one we'd be on our way to the next dictatorship.

[Image: NiclasWastlund26.gif]
#40 Niclas Wastlund - W - VANCOUVER WHALERS Whalers / MINNESOTA MONARCHS Monarchs
[Image: vlPUU9v.png][Image: ammBPLt.png][Image: rnZeas5.png][Image: V9MXpXR.png]

Brownies trading a punter for a 4th rounder is bigger news than Kaep being a fuck

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]
[Image: KPt6Yuu.png]

I don't really have an opinion on the whole Kaepernick ordeal aside from the fact that I respect his right to protest something he truly believes in in what I feel is a very peaceful way that doesn't hurt anyone else aside from the Internet nazi's who are looking for anything to go crazy over BUT:

My problem lies within the NFL. Look at the front page of NFL.com, who, by the way, are the ones that blew up this entire Kaepernick ordeal/story with their thirst for sensationalism.

The NFL, as a league, is supposed to protect their players and their brand. They are supposed to be on the PLAYERS' side, not against them. Not throw them to the wolves or use them as bait to garner more attention towards the league.

When Aaron Hernandez's trial was on, it was all I could ever see from the NFL. Ray Rice's domestic abuse, Plaxico Burress, Adrian Peterson.

Now I don't condone for one second what those men did, excluding Kaepernick who is excercising a legal right, but I am disgusted that the NFL is the one that keeps pushing these stories into the limelight. How many articles, NFL pre game shows, NFL.com headlines and general NFL press did we have to endure during the entire Ray Rice and Adrian Peterson debacles? Everytime we tried to forget, the NFL kept bringing it back up.

PROTECT your brand, PROTECT your players. You don't have to make excuses or stand up for somebody who abuses their wife and gets caught on camera, but leave the other news networks to invade their personal affairs and take a stand against them. Your job is to keep as much of the limelight off these negative things and focus on the SPORT itself. Make articles about FOOTBALL, stop perpetuating and fuelling the backlash that your players, who mind you sacrifice their bodies and brains to keep the game so alive and popular every single week, have to endure.

Protect your players, for crying out loud.

Nobody cares what Donald Trump thinks about Colin Kaepernick aside from the NFL who sees it as a wonderful way to fuel more hate towards their own player for their own popularity.

04-14-2020, 09:49 PMbluesfan55 Wrote: 28 is old you fucking moron

I don't understand the outrage... Everyone should be praising Kaep for his dedication. Most dedicated bench warmer in the league.

Thank you to My boys @Merica and @Ragnar for the lovely sigs!
[Image: wrexks.png]
[Image: WREXKS.png]

I fully support fascism and I think we should require everyone to praise the great country that is the United States of America! I think Colin Kaepernick should be hanged from a goal post for his insinuations that 6 months of training isn't sufficient for people we trust our lives with! I think we could take a page out of the DPRK's book and make standing to praise our flag and great leader MANDATORY.

Quote:Originally posted by Allen@Aug 30 2016, 01:48 PM
I fully support fascism and I think we should require everyone to praise the great country that is the United States of America! I think Colin Kaepernick should be hanged from a goal post for his insinuations that 6 months of training isn't sufficient for people we trust our lives with! I think we could take a page out of the DPRK's book and make standing to praise our flag and great leader MANDATORY.
It's not mandatory, but it's expected and encouraged to have some respect for the country that allows him to make what most people make in a lifetime to play a game. When you don't have the respect to do that people will get pissed and say if you don't like the country then leave.

Same deal as the NHL handshake line after a playoff round. It's not a rule it's about respect and you don't have to do it, but don't expect to not do it and then not have people who think you're being stupid.

As far as I'm concerned this whole thing is nothing more than Kaep doing anything he can to stay relevant because God knows he damn sure can't do it on the field.

Thank you to My boys @Merica and @Ragnar for the lovely sigs!
[Image: wrexks.png]
[Image: WREXKS.png]

Kap is just doing it cause now if Chip cuts him he is confirmed racist

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Aug 30 2016, 01:54 PM

It's not mandatory, but it's expected and encouraged to have some respect for the country that allows him to make what most people make in a lifetime to play a game. When you don't have the respect to do that people will get pissed and say if you don't like the country then leave.

Same deal as the NHL handshake line after a playoff round. It's not a rule it's about respect and you don't have to do it, but don't expect to not do it and then not have people who think you're being stupid.

As far as I'm concerned this whole thing is nothing more than Kaep doing anything he can to stay relevant because God knows he damn sure can't do it on the field.
I respect his freedom to not do it, I respect his freedom to say what he feels, and I respect that he didn't partake in some contrived act of patriotism. I respect your freedom to post your feelings of him or anyone else on a message board. Say what you will about him or his reasoning, but he has the right to do these things and I'm not going to bash him for exercising his freedoms afforded to him by this country.

Teddy Bridgewater looks like he's done for the year

Ouch

Kaep is just trying to stay relevant before he gets cut.

Quote:Originally posted by GroupMeIsKindOfOkay@Aug 30 2016, 02:26 PM
Teddy Bridgewater looks like he's done for the year

Ouch

That move I sent you was nasty, oh woooooow.

Quote:Originally posted by Allen@Aug 30 2016, 02:06 PM

I respect his freedom to not do it, I respect his freedom to say what he feels, and I respect that he didn't partake in some contrived act of patriotism. I respect your freedom to post your feelings of him or anyone else on a message board. Say what you will about him or his reasoning, but he has the right to do these things and I'm not going to bash him for exercising his freedoms afforded to him by this country.
I respect your freedom to respect his freedom

Source: Will Carroll

Source confirms tibiofemoral dislocation, ruptured ACL for Bridgewater. "Trainers may have saved his leg and career by quick action."

I normally wait all year for football. Now I can't wait for the season to be over.

FUCK YOU SHAUN HILL, I HOPE WE SIGN VICK

Quote:Originally posted by 701 aka YUNG GUAP GOD@Aug 31 2016, 10:05 AM
I normally wait all year for football. Now I can't wait for the season to be over.

FUCK YOU SHAUN HILL, I HOPE WE SIGN VICK
Yeah dude... this season was gonna be so hype, Bridgewater's knee was Vikings Fans hope exploding.

[Image: NiclasWastlund26.gif]
#40 Niclas Wastlund - W - VANCOUVER WHALERS Whalers / MINNESOTA MONARCHS Monarchs
[Image: vlPUU9v.png][Image: ammBPLt.png][Image: rnZeas5.png][Image: V9MXpXR.png]