Create Account

S31 Regular Season Index

Quote:Originally posted by mpc+Nov 3 2016, 10:22 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1' id='QUOTE-WRAP'><tr><td>QUOTE (mpc @ Nov 3 2016, 10:22 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I think <a href='index.php?showuser=232' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-24'>JayWhy</a> has the right idea splitting the last 4 days. Everything ends on a Friday, leaving the weekend for him to set up playoffs and for the league to set up for playoffs[/b]

Give everyone an extra day to get jobs done, such as predictions, milestones, PBP signups, media, and whatnot. Extending it just gives us a day waiting around to start getting the playoffs done, and with all but one of the non-playoff teams already in offseason mode we are just extending their boredom out another day where they can't even do end of season stuff.

<!--QuoteBegin-JayWhy@Nov 3 2016, 10:43 AM

That's the idea. Gives about 72 hours for prediction PTs, getting index done, and get updates done and in. I'd rather we have anything happening Friday than giving too much time and getting complaints that we're taking too long to have something happening. (That has happened many times, a lot of complaints that it ends too early and gives too much time for the PT, and complaints it drags too long. There is no winning.)
[/quote]

Then start the playoffs Sunday, update Monday, everyone wins.

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

Quote:Originally posted by mpc@Nov 3 2016, 09:22 AM
I think <a href='index.php?showuser=232' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-24'>JayWhy</a> has the right idea splitting the last 4 days. Everything ends on a Friday, leaving the weekend for him to set up playoffs and for the league to set up for playoffs
Or he could have an extra day to prepare so he isn't rushed?

[Image: Marius_buffalo.png]

08-24-2018, 01:08 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Ah yes, the veteran meme player. A surefire bet for maybe 400 TPE Tongue
05-23-2020, 02:25 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Scoop AINEC
[Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif]

[Image: Poppity.png]
^^^^^ Thank you JSSSSS
[Image: Poopity_Scoop_1.png]
^^^^Credits to Snussu^^^^

[Image: Scoop.png]

Quote:Originally posted by ArGarBarGar@Nov 3 2016, 10:44 AM

Give everyone an extra day to get jobs done, such as predictions, milestones, PBP signups, media, and whatnot. Extending it just gives us a day waiting around to start getting the playoffs done, and with all but one of the non-playoff teams already in offseason mode we are just extending their boredom out another day where they can't even do end of season stuff.

Then start the playoffs Sunday, update Monday, everyone wins.
People get pissed if updates aren't in for 2 games in a 7 game series. The Finals we can skip updates, but the start, there's a lot of people and some are bound to get upset. This is a lose-lose situation, honestly. I'll be bitched at no matter what.

An old man's dream ended. A young man's vision of the future opened wide. Young men have visions, old men have dreams. But the place for old men to dream is beside the fire.
[Image: DOF5tXM.png]
[Image: tjyuut.jpg] 
Thanks to Jackson, Copenhagen, and Harry Hans!

GOING DOWN IN STYLE. TOAST4LYFE

Updated

Quote:Originally posted by JayWhy@Nov 3 2016, 06:43 AM

That's the idea. Gives about 72 hours for prediction PTs, getting index done, and get updates done and in. I'd rather we have anything happening Friday than giving too much time and getting complaints that we're taking too long to have something happening. (That has happened many times, a lot of complaints that it ends too early and gives too much time for the PT, and complaints it drags too long. There is no winning.)
I'm already dead. You do you JayWhy, you do you. Surrender

[Image: 46381_s.gif]
sigs by ToeDragon84
[Image: Jpcs9tG.png]

Quote:Originally posted by JayWhy@Nov 3 2016, 11:24 AM

People get pissed if updates aren't in for 2 games in a 7 game series. The Finals we can skip updates, but the start, there's a lot of people and some are bound to get upset. This is a lose-lose situation, honestly. I'll be bitched at no matter what.

The number of people who will whine isn't really what I'm arguing about.

Based on who an extended sim benefits (a small portion of the league) and who an expedited sim benefits (the simmer, PBP director, PT director, people looking to do media, people who already know where they will be at the end of the season), I think it makes the most sense to just sim today. If you need to sim Monday, then we get an extra day, you aren't in a rush, and I can get started on the top-100 ballots as well.

2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*

Quote:Originally posted by ArGarBarGar@Nov 3 2016, 11:41 AM

The number of people who will whine isn't really what I'm arguing about.

Based on who an extended sim benefits (a small portion of the league) and who an expedited sim benefits (the simmer, PBP director, PT director, people looking to do media, people who already know where they will be at the end of the season), I think it makes the most sense to just sim today. If you need to sim Monday, then we get an extra day, you aren't in a rush, and I can get started on the top-100 ballots as well.

I think you're right on this though.

End the season. I'd rather have the season ended today (which gives JY more time to do all the simmer things) and have an "off-day" for site-goers. Who cares if we have nothing to do for a day, if it makes things go smoother later?

Srs. As the GOMHL simmer, even in a tiny league it can be a pain in the ass.

Update PageWhalers | Monarchs | Player Page

[Image: T96UlnW.png]

Jack Durden:

Season 24 - *4 Star Cup Champions - Vancouver Whalers*
Season 36 - *Challenge Cup Champions - Texas Renegades*
Season 36 - *Anton Razov Trophy Winner - Playoff MVP - Texas Renegades*
Season 41 - *IIHF Gold Medalist - Team United Kingdom*
Season 41 - *Triple Gold Member*
**Vancouver Whalers Hall of Fame**
**Texas Renegades Hall of Fame**
**Hall of Fame Member**

Quote:Originally posted by Durden@Nov 3 2016, 10:46 AM

I think you're right on this though.

End the season. I'd rather have the season ended today (which gives JY more time to do all the simmer things) and have an "off-day" for site-goers. Who cares if we have nothing to do for a day, if it makes things go smoother later?

Srs. As the GOMHL simmer, even in a tiny league it can be a pain in the ass.
Tiny like ur peepee

Quote:Originally posted by Allen@Nov 3 2016, 11:48 AM

Tiny like ur peepee

Stephanie says differently.

Must be all the baconators she gets me.

Also, it seems that saying "tiny pain in the ass" summons you.

Jack Durden:

**Hall of Fame Member**

Quote:Originally posted by Durden@Nov 3 2016, 11:50 AM

There is a hand joke here, somewhere.

Quote:Originally posted by Durden@Nov 3 2016, 10:50 AM

Also, it seems that saying "tiny pain in the ass" summons you.
What's a pimple to a hemorrhoid?

Quote:Originally posted by Allen@Nov 3 2016, 11:51 AM

What's a pimple to a hemorrhoid?

Quick question..... how are we tied in points, and I'm playing more minutes on the PK?

This is your daily reminder that you suck.

Jack Durden:

**Hall of Fame Member**

Quote:Originally posted by Durden@Nov 3 2016, 11:53 AM

Quick question..... how are we tied in points, and I'm playing more minutes on the PK?

This is your daily reminder that you suck.
45 =/= 44 ya dumb dumb

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]
[Image: KPt6Yuu.png]

Quote:Originally posted by WannabeFinn@Nov 3 2016, 10:56 AM

45 =/= 44 ya dumb dumb
<a href='index.php?showuser=1730' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-52'>Durden</a>

With a 200 TPE difference, it's the same thing.

You still suck.

Jack Durden:

**Hall of Fame Member**