Create Account

Conference Matchup Games

Quote:Originally posted by Bojo@Dec 17 2016, 06:43 PM

Because not everybody has a real rival and the point was to reduce the amount of rivalry games but make them mean something. This helps make things interesting
So the solution is not to foster a situation where real rivalries can form?

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

Quote:Originally posted by CRUTCHFIELD@Dec 17 2016, 06:45 PM
Fuck u rage
Yeahthat

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]
[Image: KPt6Yuu.png]

Quote:Originally posted by ArGarBarGar@Dec 17 2016, 05:48 PM

So the solution is not to foster a situation where real rivalries can form?

You don't need an asterisk on a page to form a rivalry. This has nothing to do with rivals, we're just using the rivalry setting for this.

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Bojo@Dec 17 2016, 04:46 PM

It's based on playoff results. Like the OP says
No I get that but I'm just asking like why have this? If it's not real rivalries

[Image: 34964_s.gif]
[Image: thd650h.png]
Affiliate of:
syndicate Steelhawks Whalers

Quote:Originally posted by Bojo@Dec 17 2016, 06:51 PM

You don't need an asterisk on a page to form a rivalry. This has nothing to do with rivals, we're just using the rivalry setting for this.
Right but if you make consistent games between teams in a conference that involve the rivalry setting, there is a more likely chance a legitimate rivalry will organically form from it.

This does none of that.

2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*

It's not meant to form any kind of rivalry other than win the other conference as a whole. It's purpose is not to produce a team rivalry. It's just using the setting. The setting affects the games so that's why we're using it. If I could rename it in the sim to something better for you I would but I can't.

Quote:Originally posted by Bojo@Dec 17 2016, 05:56 PM
It's not meant to form any kind of rivalry other than win the other conference as a whole. It's purpose is not to produce a team rivalry. It's just using the setting. The setting affects the games so that's why we're using it. If I could rename it in the sim to something better for you I would but I can't.
I think the question is why not make it mean something and create real rivalries? if we can make it do this... surely we can set up a way to create legitimate rivalries.

[Image: Marius_buffalo.png]

08-24-2018, 01:08 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Ah yes, the veteran meme player. A surefire bet for maybe 400 TPE Tongue
05-23-2020, 02:25 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Scoop AINEC
[Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif]

[Image: Poppity.png]
^^^^^ Thank you JSSSSS
[Image: Poopity_Scoop_1.png]
^^^^Credits to Snussu^^^^

[Image: Scoop.png]

People crack me up lol. We're giving everybody free pepperoni pizza. WTF is wrong with you? How come there's no bacon on it? Fuck that I ain't eatin no free pizza unless that shit got some bacon on it!

[Image: iUd7IJE.png]
[Image: rhodes.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Baelor Swift@Dec 17 2016, 06:00 PM

I think the question is why not make it mean something and create real rivalries? if we can make it do this... surely we can set up a way to create legitimate rivalries.

This is a fine suggestion I'm willing to look into. But it's apple and oranges right now.

Quote:Originally posted by belgarat@Dec 17 2016, 07:02 PM
People crack me up lol. We're giving everybody free pepperoni pizza. WTF is wrong with you? How come there's no bacon on it? Fuck that I ain't eatin no free pizza unless that shit got some bacon on it!
Its more like giving me a pepperoni and telling me to think it is a pepperoni pizza.

I mean it is a cute little idea, but really meaningless to me all things considered.

I remember a lot of whining about the inter-conference rivalries from last season. A lot of people complained about it in the S31 SHL Index.

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)

Wtf is this?

STAY STRONG BOJO DONT LET THE HATERS GET TO YOU YOU RUN THIS BISH NOT THEM

S2, S5, S18, S22 Challenge Cup Champion
Hall Of Famers: (S7) Alex Reay | (S28) Daniel Merica

[Image: mckeiltbb.png]
[Image: Merica5.gif]
Thanks to Ragnar, Wasty and myself for the sigs.

Quote:Originally posted by Merry Christmas@Dec 17 2016, 06:11 PM
STAY STRONG BOJO DONT LET THE HATERS GET TO YOU YOU RUN THIS BISH NOT THEM
Happy Hannakah

Quote:Originally posted by JPL@Dec 17 2016, 06:13 PM

Happy Hannakah

Hannakah? Wtf is that

S2, S5, S18, S22 Challenge Cup Champion
Hall Of Famers: (S7) Alex Reay | (S28) Daniel Merica

[Image: mckeiltbb.png]
[Image: Merica5.gif]
Thanks to Ragnar, Wasty and myself for the sigs.