Create Account

Ask Leafs: Part 26

Yes folks, the much anticipated, highly exciting "ASK LEAFS" is back for it's 26th edition!

You can ask me absolutely anything, but fair warning I may not know what the hell you're referring to anymore.

Now, without further ado, commence...

ASK LEAFS: PART 26

Quote:Originally posted by CampinKiller+Jul 6 2017, 11:45 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1' id='QUOTE-WRAP'><tr><td>QUOTE (CampinKiller @ Jul 6 2017, 11:45 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Roll Tide or War Eagle?

Is a hotdog a sandwich?[/b]

Eat em Raw

No, is cereal soup?

Quote:Originally posted by mpc@Jul 6 2017, 11:48 AM<br />You ran with 1-2-2 defensive strats for a long time, if you had to do it all over again, would you keep that or change it more?

Seeing the difference of the old update scale and the new update scale, was its implementation still something you stand by or were there things we could do better?

Now that you're outside the GM office and Commissioner, what keeps you coming back, if anything, to the SHL? Is the change different?

Do you see SHL expansion in the future? What should dictate expansion?

I always love seeing your posts. One of my favorite series.

I can safely say I would keep everything the same.

While it wasn't flawless, I think it was something that was needed. I thought we implemented it well and transitioned smoothly. Whether it needs updating or tweaking is above my pay grade now.

Very different, I didn't realize how much time and energy I used on this site until I dropped my jobs. I always questioned people who dropped jobs and just stopped being around, but I understand it now. You just don't realize how much you spent doing things here that it's nice to have that break. I still come back because I like the SHL, pretty simple.

To be honest, I've been so removed from the league I have no idea if we can handle expansion or not.

Quote:Originally posted by ztevans@Jul 6 2017, 12:07 PM<br />Out of the four GMs Winnipeg has ever had, why is ztevans the worst?

Will it be weird when it's time to retire Einstein knowing your recreate isn't *guaranteed* to go to Winnipeg? (Obviously we will try like hell to make it happen, but drafts)

It's because he puts up with Nereus.

Let's get to that point first, I don't like thinking about it.

Quote:Originally posted by Allen@Jul 6 2017, 12:24 PM<br />Where you been?

How are the wife and kids?

I check in, but don't really post much. I've been busy with lots of things.

Safe and happy in my dreams.

Quote:Originally posted by Bojo@Jul 6 2017, 12:33 PM<br />how's it feel to be the second best commissioner

(jk glad to see you back)

Damn, I made the top 2?

Quote:Originally posted by sarmo@Jul 6 2017, 12:38 PM<br />When are you going to be commish again?

Why are you inactive Crybaby

<3

Haha I think that ship has sailed right into an oncoming storm and got ravaged.

I mean yeah I don't post much, but I still check in.

Quote:Originally posted by Bonk@Jul 6 2017, 04:28 PM<br />Is there any truth to the rumor that you only retired as Jets GM because you final reached that goal, of managing a player that won the Turd?

I don't respond to rumours, regardless of how accurate they are Ninja

Quote:Originally posted by Eggy216@Jul 6 2017, 09:53 PM<br />Interview how much do I have to pay you to take this job back

Who put this guy in charge?

Quote:Originally posted by Crossfit Jesus@Jul 6 2017, 09:56 PM<br />Interview How have we not met or interacted at all? We're both Leaf fans. And what do you think about the moves we made in the off-season?

Regardless of us not interacting, any Leafs fan is a friend of mine. With me only checking in for the sim, there's a lot of newer members that I don't know. Honestly, I have no idea about any of the moves made. I see trades made and don't even recognize most of the names.

Quote:Originally posted by mpc@Jul 6 2017, 10:02 PM<br />New article on SHL Draft Pick value

Does any of this kind of fit in with your view on pick trading?

My view on pick trading was pretty basic to be honest. Don't trade 1sts unless you're getting an active, sure thing. Also, don't let anything after the 2nd round stop you from making a trade.

Quote:Originally posted by Whikadoodle@Jul 7 2017, 12:01 AM<br />Hey Leafs!

Since you're so inactive, let's talk inactivity

1) With how long you've been here, did you have a good sense of what rookies would soon go inactive by the time you drafted them in the SHL, or were you always surprised as the rest of us?

2) What do you think of the transition from LR to other apps. Do you think implementing Chatzy way back when was a mistake?

3) How the hell did you make Wikstrom a good player?

4) Any comments about the current culture in Winnipeg?

There are always surprises in every draft class. For me, I had a long list of players going inactive on me so I guess I didn't see it coming. However, a weird thing I've noticed is there are some signs that I usually see. There are some types of usernames and player names that scream inactive to me. I don't know why, but I've noticed a trend with them. Now, obviously it's not fool-proof, but there's more than enough for me to notice.

I can see the pros of having a chat system. It's instantaneous and easy to have a conversation. I like having them for big league events because it keeps everyone together in one area to talk about it, but for daily posting I like having it on the forums, it brings more activity.

You had a great build and I immediately targeted you in trade talks. You fit exactly where I wanted you in my lineup and I was determined to get you in the trade with the Wolfpack.

The culture right now is awesome. The members in the locker room are great and the activity is higher than it has been in a while. I really like what Winnipeg has going right now.

Quote:Originally posted by JayWhy@Jul 7 2017, 12:23 AM<br />:o Leafs!

Well, hello sir. Good to hear things are well on the other side. How's being 83 treating you? Remember to treat the nurses well.

With your distance from the league recently, how do you feel toward it? What are some viewpoints you have with fresher eyes now?

I'm in my 8th season of simming, Jack made it to 11. How much longer should I go? With you now knowing how much time is spent in your jobs on here and how nice it is to leave it after a while, I'm curious of your insight.

It hurts like hell getting out of bed, but the rub downs do wonders.

There is something that it hitting me recently. If I ever retire and recreate, it's going to be a daunting task to build a player. The thought of starting from the beginning and having to grind is really stalling my retirement. I never even thought about that until now. I still think the update scale is good for the league, but I can now see how people feel when they are faced with starting from scratch.

Keep going until you are sure that it's time to stop. My worry when I stepped down was regretting the decision. Luckily, it was time and I was ready to watch from the sidelines. You don't want to step down when you're not ready, see someone else do the job and always think about taking it back. Keep going until you sure that calling it quits is the right move.

Quote:Originally posted by HabsFanFromOntario@Jul 7 2017, 11:32 AM<br />Do you regret taking Kovalenko over Perhonen?

I think it worked out well for all parties.

<!--QuoteBegin-Bonk@Jul 9 2017, 09:30 PM
Care to comment about Rembrandt Q. Einstein performance this season?[/quote]

Much better than I think most people expected. Manious is the perfect D partner for him so props to him for elevating my game.

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 79
0-0-0
Regular Season - [G 0] [A 0] [Pts 0] [+/- 0] [PIM 0] [Hits 0] [SB 0]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

Roll Tide or War Eagle?

Is a hotdog a sandwich?

PatriotesUsaWhalers

[Image: CampinKiller.gif]

You ran with 1-2-2 defensive strats for a long time, if you had to do it all over again, would you keep that or change it more?

Seeing the difference of the old update scale and the new update scale, was its implementation still something you stand by or were there things we could do better?

Now that you're outside the GM office and Commissioner, what keeps you coming back, if anything, to the SHL? Is the change different?

Quote:Originally posted by CampinKiller@Jul 6 2017, 11:45 AM
Roll Tide or War Eagle?

Is a hotdog a sandwich?

Eat em Raw

No, is cereal soup?

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 79
0-0-0

Quote:Originally posted by mpc@Jul 6 2017, 11:48 AM
You ran with 1-2-2 defensive strats for a long time, if you had to do it all over again, would you keep that or change it more?

I can safely say I would keep everything the same.

While it wasn't flawless, I think it was something that was needed. I thought we implemented it well and transitioned smoothly. Whether it needs updating or tweaking is above my pay grade now.

Very different, I didn't realize how much time and energy I used on this site until I dropped my jobs. I always questioned people who dropped jobs and just stopped being around, but I understand it now. You just don't realize how much you spent doing things here that it's nice to have that break. I still come back because I like the SHL, pretty simple.

To be honest, I've been so removed from the league I have no idea if we can handle expansion or not.

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 79
0-0-0

Out of the four GMs Winnipeg has ever had, why is ztevans the worst?

Will it be weird when it's time to retire Einstein knowing your recreate isn't *guaranteed* to go to Winnipeg? (Obviously we will try like hell to make it happen, but drafts)

Zach Evans | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

Where you been?

how's it feel to be the second best commissioner

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

When are you going to be commish again?

<3

Doubt is a dream killer

Quote:Originally posted by ztevans@Jul 6 2017, 12:07 PM
Out of the four GMs Winnipeg has ever had, why is ztevans the worst?

It's because he puts up with Nereus.

Let's get to that point first, I don't like thinking about it.

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 79
0-0-0

Quote:Originally posted by Allen@Jul 6 2017, 12:24 PM
Where you been?

I check in, but don't really post much. I've been busy with lots of things.

Safe and happy in my dreams.

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 79
0-0-0

Quote:Originally posted by Bojo@Jul 6 2017, 12:33 PM
how's it feel to be the second best commissioner

Damn, I made the top 2?

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 79
0-0-0

Quote:Originally posted by sarmo@Jul 6 2017, 12:38 PM
When are you going to be commish again?

<3

Haha I think that ship has sailed right into an oncoming storm and got ravaged.

I mean yeah I don't post much, but I still check in.

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 79
0-0-0

Is there any truth to the rumor that you only retired as Jets GM because you final reached that goal, of managing a player that won the Turd?

[Image: bonk.gif]
Sigs by @FlappyGiraffe,  @Steelhead77,  @ToeDragon84, @slothfacekilla, @Wasty and other dude I need to find your name

Lil' Manius

Big Manius

Quote:Originally posted by Bonk@Jul 6 2017, 04:28 PM
Is there any truth to the rumor that you only retired as Jets GM because you final reached that goal, of managing a player that won the Turd?

I don't respond to rumours, regardless of how accurate they are Ninja

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 79
0-0-0