Create Account

S37 Championship Week

Task one

The most important game for the Jets was the game 5 win in the finals. After going down 1-3, the next three games were a must win. Game 5 certainly gave the momentum to Winnipeg. While game 6 was more clutch, with the Peg winning in overtime, the game 5 snapped Toronto's momentum.

Task six

<a href='index.php?showuser=1017' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>Jogurtaa</a>

Code:
Look at us now, bastard! How are you feeling after getting 2 cups in one season? You actually came close to this a few seasons back with Portland and Detroit.

My god, this feels wonderful. Third time lucky, lets put it this way. Arrivabene might not be a decent player, but in four seasons, he has two 4 star cups and a Challenge cup. Pejo was an awesome player, but those two loses to JY really sucked. Fuck JY, might I add.

TASK ONE: Pick either of the teams currently in the finals. Which game of theirs in the playoffs was the most important/crucial in them getting to this point this season? Must be at least 150 words and include either two statistics or some (reasonable) justification of narrative justifying your choice.

I'm sure there are a couple games in the playoffs that could be justified as the most crucial, but looking at game seven of round two for the Winnipeg Jets, I think that was maybe the most important in showing the league and the Toronto North Stars that the Jets were not about to give up without a fight. They'd won their first six games in the playoffs, sweeping the Texas Renegades, and so the team might have felt like they had round two in the bag when they won the first two games against the Riot. Then luck started running out with the Riot taking game three 3-2 in the third period and the Riot also remembering that they clinched the President's Trophy, so the Jets really had to fight back in game seven with a 5-3 win to prove that they could be ready and not tired for a brutal final round with the North Stars who had been waiting for them after they won in five games against West Kendall Platoon.

TASK FOUR: Who is the favorite and who is the underdog of this series? Are they almost even, or is there a big skill difference between the two teams? Must be at least 150 words and include at least three statistics in support.

Pretending the finals did not end, looking back at just the games played and rosters, the Winnipeg Jets were the favorites to win despite certain factors that will be mentioned. They swept the Renegades in round one, took on the President's Trophy winners, Seattle Riot, in round two, but then they had to come up against a team that is more familiar with the playoffs, the Toronto North Stars. Both teams were eliminated in six games in the season 36 playoffs, but coming from a season 35 cup win, the North Stars probably felt like they knew what it took to win a cup, unlike the Jets who hadn't visited round two of the playoffs in many seasons. However, the Jets have a deeply vetted team with scorers like McZehrl, Visser, and Fleming (all 57+ in points during the regular season), and fantasy favorite defenseman in Manious. North Stars have Mark Harter, but with his save percentage only being .002 better in the playoffs than Lukas Berger, it's hard to say Harter could do much with a lesser-TPE team behind him (they had two less 20+ goal scorers as well), along with the Jets' lines stacked twice with their best scorers. So, North Stars were definitely underdogs here, working with a couple more players on lines and less strong vets judging by TPE count, but they done good and should be proud.

TASK SIX: Create three questions, one for each of three different players in the Challenge Cup and tag them. Playing in the Challenge Cup? Feel free to answer questions for your task or ask three of your own.

<a href='index.php?showuser=1722' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-13'>Nereus</a> - Do you miss me and what was your first thought when you found out that the Jets won the Challenge Cup?

<a href='index.php?showuser=1833' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>Cynthia</a> - Did Pat still have to sleep on the couch this playoff season?

<a href='index.php?showuser=2038' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-17'>TheLastOlympian07</a> - I come to you with no bad news. Who passed the Cup to Berger?

[Image: 56791_s.gif]

sigs by sulovilen, slothfacekilla, Flareon
Current: Wolfpack raiders Uk | Alumni: Inferno pride Knights Germany

TASK TWO: Who is your choice for the unsung hero of the S37 playoffs up to this point? Must be at least 150 words and include at least two statistics in support.

For the Winnipeg Jets, the unsung hero of the playoffs has to be defenseman Alek Koivu. The defenseman put up 11 points, and was a +16 all the while averaging 14 minutes a night. Also, Koivu was able to put up 12 blocks and hits during that time. Not too shabby for a defenseman that is getting considerably less ice time than the rest of the defensive core. This type of production can be key to a playoff team, as it shows everyone is out on the ice producing, no matter the amount of ice time they are getting. Koivu was able to help his team get on the scoreboard, even though we was getting less time than all the other main contributors. Koivu is truly an unsung hero, as his performance was stellar, but it will most likely be forgotten in history as the team only remembers the true stars of the team who helped bring home the cup for the Winnipeg Jets.

TASK SIX: Create three questions, one for each of three different players in the Challenge Cup and tag them. Playing in the Challenge Cup? Feel free to answer questions for your task or ask three of your own.

Zach Evans <a href='index.php?showuser=2327' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-69'>ztevans</a>
How did it feel as the final buzzer went off, signaling that the Winnipeg Jets had won the Challenged Cup?

Vincent-Leon-Anze Draisaitl-McZehrl <a href='index.php?showuser=184' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-8'>Chris-McZehrl</a>
With this Challenged Cup win, do the thoughts of retirement creep into your mind? Or do you still have a few more laps to give?

Dane Rowe <a href='index.php?showuser=1978' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-17'>Rowe89</a>
Was everything left on the ice? Or do you feel that Toronto still had gas left in the tank before the final buzzer went off?

Sven Holmberg

[Image: hexx55.gif]

[Image: mitochondriafigure1.jpg]
Player Page | Update Page

Task 1: For the red hot Winnipeg Jets, Game 7 of the Western Conference finals was easily their most important game this whole playoffs. Aside from the literal fact that winning the game 7 vs the Seattle Riot propels them to the elusive Challenge Cup finals, it was also an important game as it gave them the morale to really make that push in the finals. This game was no easy win for the Jets, as the game was only a 5-3 game with a tight and hard hitting third period which saw both teams get quality chances. The most significant player in this game was Corey Bearss, who was able to put the team on his back while he went and scored 3 crucial goals to complete his first career playoff hat trick. In addition to Bears playing phenomenally, teammates Scott Robertson, VLAD McZehrl, and Jason Visser all had 2 points respectfully by the end of the game. Winnipeg was able to play some solid D and had a few key players propel them to a dominating victory. They’ll likely ride this high moral into the finals where Toronto and Winnipeg will square off for the Challenge Cup.

Task 2: While Luke Fleming is regarded as one of the better players in the Simulation Hockey League, the S38 Playoffs should cement his place as one of the best players in the league. Fleming came into the playoffs with a very respectable 57 points in 50 games (26 goals and 31 assists), and clearly he rode this momentum into the playoffs as he outclassed every other player in the playoffs by scoring 5 more points than the next highest point getter. Fleming scored a whopping 30 points, 11 of which were goals and 19 were assists, in only 18 games. This means Fleming was scoring at an impressive 1.66 point per game pace, which alone proves he is a vital weapon in the playoffs. In addition, in game 7 against the Toronto North Stars Fleming scored a crucial goal and ended at a +2. Any team would want a player they can consistently rely upon to play a sound defensive game with a high level scoring touch.

Task 4: I think this is a pretty evenly matched Challenge Cup, as both teams have been strong in similar areas and have shown they’re both ready to compete hard for the cup. However, despite their similarities, I have to give the edge to Winnipeg solely for the fact they were able to sweep previous Challenge Cup champions in the Texas Renegades, as well as taking down the regular season Presidents’ Trophy winners in the Seattle Riot in seven games. In addition to their playoff successes, the Jets were also far better statistically in the regular season having won 32 games and ending with a total of 65 points whereas Toronto ended with only 25 wins and 11 points less than the Jets with 54 points. Overall, these teams are both strong competitors but I think the Jets have the edge in terms of morale, personnel, and overall quality of play. Regardless, this will be a close series and I expect Toronto to come out hard, so it’ll be very interesting to see if the underdogs manage to pull off an upset.

Task 6:
<a href='index.php?showuser=2327' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-69'>ztevans</a> Now that you've won the cup, what are your plans for the offseaon? Are you going to party it up and partake in totally legal substances, or rather are you going to sit back and bask in your victory?

<a href='index.php?showuser=1722' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-13'>Nereus</a> Right now you’re one of the hottest players in the league, do you have any pregame rituals that help you excel like you do?

<a href='index.php?showuser=1833' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>Cynthia</a> Word has spread that should you lose this series, Wolfpack forward Patrikov Bure might be forced to sleep on the couch for the rest of his life. Could you comment on the legitimacy of these damning statements?

(sorry for taggin u beauties, i gotta get that TPE doe.)

[Image: SigStorm.png]
[Image: QHLWtic.png?1]
san francisco group of cats - mikael koskinen
quebec city citadelz  - mikael koskinen

Quote:Originally posted by bilbo+Nov 24 2017, 10:44 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1' id='QUOTE-WRAP'><tr><td>QUOTE (bilbo @ Nov 24 2017, 10:44 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->
<a href='index.php?showuser=1833' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>Cynthia</a> - Did Pat still have to sleep on the couch this playoff season?
[/b]
I don't even know why this is a question for y'all at this point.

<!--QuoteBegin-Storm@Nov 24 2017, 12:40 PM

<a href='index.php?showuser=1833' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>Cynthia</a> Word has spread that should you lose this series, Wolfpack forward Patrikov Bure might be forced to sleep on the couch for the rest of his life. Could you comment on the legitimacy of these damning statements?&nbsp;
[/quote]
Here's the thing you guys don't get tho. What makes something scary and unpleasant is that it isn't always there. It's why he doesn't like being on the couch, so no, he is not on the couch for eternity

[Image: ne80va.png]
[Image: cynthia.png]

Thanks to Enigmatic and Crutch for the beautiful signatures
[Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png]

Quote:Originally posted by RomanesEuntDomus@Nov 20 2017, 09:10 AM

To Cynthia Taylor <a href='index.php?showuser=1833' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>Cynthia</a> - This finals loss marks the end of an era for both you personally and the North Stars as a whole... Will it be tough to let go of that? And how proud are you to have been an integral part in making these last few years the most successful time in franchise history - and that's for a franchise that has been around since day one?

Definitely. It's tough right now even to possible imagine myself not suiting with everyone in the LR and playing wearing blue and white. I've been with the North Stars for my whole career, 13 seasons. Not as long as some of the older guys there like Ray and Mark but I'm extremely proud to have been a lifelong North Star. There were surely some times where I thought about leaving, I wanted to go somewhere else, every time I did, for one reason or another, I never left. Eventually, it paid off and it was an amazing adventure, I couldn't be prouder to have played for Toronto

Quote:Originally posted by Tylar@Nov 17 2017, 06:58 PM

<a href='index.php?showuser=1833' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>Cynthia</a> Making the finals in your retirement season, does it feel bitter sweet?
Yeah, but that's the way it rolled. It would have probably been worse if I didn't win a cup 3 seasons ago but I did, so I'm not dwelling over it too much

Quote:Originally posted by Zoone16@Nov 22 2017, 04:14 PM

[b]To Cynthia Taylor
( <a href='index.php?showuser=1833' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>Cynthia</a> ): This was your last rodeo through the playoffs and it came oh-so-close to being a dream ending for you. Considering how no expert or analyst had you even making the playoffs before the season started and next to none gave you a chance as you sneaked into the playoffs picture, was it overall a good result to go out on?
[/b]
Yes, for the new GM, especially one having to deal with my mistakes, I'm happy to see that he can work the system and he can be very successful

Quote:Originally posted by ThatDamnMcJesus@Nov 21 2017, 08:49 PM

<a href='index.php?showuser=1833' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>Cynthia</a> How disappointed are you that you couldn't finish on top?
Yeah, I'm disappointed, but I'm still glad that we even got that far, team on paper is pretty old, and the fact that a bunch old farts like us gave the Winnipeg Jets such a run for their money was impressive

TASK ONE:

Winnipeg nearly didn’t make it to the finals, but a key win in a crucial game 7 against Seattle ensured they did. This game was easily the most pivotal game for the Jets to this point because they overcame adversity against the Riot. They made short work of the defending champions in round one, and stormed into Seattle to open round two with a pair of wins on the road. They couldn’t close out the series at home though, and dropped two straight to let Seattle tie the series. Game 5 went to Winnipeg, and they travelled home for game 6 in front of their home crowd. Lofty expectations were on this team from very early on in the season, and they felt the pressure of wanting to close this out in Winnipeg, so the loss was demoralizing to some degree. Especially when you consider that moment in game 6 when Corey Bearss sent the building into a frenzy with a 3rd period goal to take the lead, which was then followed by that moment 12 seconds later when Cory Knouse silenced the crowd with a game tying goal. It had to be deflating for the Jets to repeatedly take leads in this series only to lose them right away. Kyle Kylrad’s overtime winner broke the hearts of everyone in attendance, and put the pressure on the Jets to bounce back. The key game for the Jets is game 7, because they had to get past the adversity they were facing in order to make it where they are now.

TASK TWO:

Max Weber is my pick for unsung hero, which might be a surprise since he had an excellent playoff season. The Jets were loaded with offense in this run, with 7 players hitting around a PPG average, so Weber ended up 7th on the team in scoring with 17 points. Naturally the guys scoring the big goals are going to get the praise, but not to sing the praises of Weber would be a shame. He lead the team in blocked shots, and lead defensemen in points and average ice time. Even with all the scoring from their forwards, I would argue that Weber was the MVP of this playoff season, and deserves as much credit for the success of his team. I think it was clear from the get go that Weber was not going to settle for anything less than the Challenge Cup this season, and that came out in the gruelling effort he put in away from the puck.

TASK FOUR:

Winnipeg goes into the Challenge Cup Final as the clear favourite to win, and the reason why is all in the numbers. First of all, Winnipeg is the superior faceoff team with a 50.47% average on the draw, meaning they’re going to control how the majority of plays begin. Winnipeg’s powerplay converts 23.08% of the time, and while the Stars have a good PK, they don’t have a strong powerplay so the battle of special teams should go to Winnipeg. Finally Winnipeg’s goal differential really tips the scale in their favour when trying to predict this series, with a Goals For/Against% of 141.18% to the Stars’ 118.75%. It isn’t always easy to predict the outcome of a playoff series, but if you were betting money you would bet on the Winnipeg Jets to win. The Stars have been underdogs before though, and there’s no reason to think this will be over quickly.

TASK SIX:

<a href='index.php?showuser=1722' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-13'>Nereus</a> how dank is the Jets LR rn?

<a href='index.php?showuser=2327' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-69'>ztevans</a> what’s the biggest difference between the Jets now and the Jets when you first arrived?

<a href='index.php?showuser=2476' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-17'>ThePandava</a> were you surprised that Toronto made it to the Finals?

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia

TASK ONE: Pick either of the teams currently in the finals. Which game of theirs in the playoffs was the most important/crucial in them getting to this point this season? Must be at least 150 words and include either two statistics or some (reasonable) justification of narrative justifying your choice.

For the Toronto North Stars, they came out of the gates slowly against the Minnesota Chiefs in the first round, dropping games 2 & 3 to fall behind 2-1 in the series. Their most crucial game was game 4, an emphatic win at home to even up the series at 2 apiece. They took the 1-0 lead in the first half of the first period, and took a 4-0 lead into the 3rd period, only giving up a goal with a minute to play, taking a 4-1 win, and all the momentum through the next two game to a 4-2 series lead. The one and only time these playoff that the North Stars trailed a series heading into a game, and though not facing elimination, was still a hugely important game, and should they have lost would have trailed 3-1 and faced with a massive task of trying to fight back against the momentum in Minnesota.

Code:
156 words

TASK TWO: Who is your choice for the unsung hero of the S37 playoffs up to this point? Must be at least 150 words and include at least two statistics in support.

It has to be Elias Lindstrom. Not the most stats, with 14 points in 18 games, while his 2 linemates were both over 20, but he was the absolute hero and the definition of big time clutch player. He scored 9 goals in the playoffs, and 5 of those came in the finals, scoring in each of games 1-4, the winner in each of the North Stars' 3 finals wins, and game 6 - which was the tying goal with 3 minutes to play, sending it to overtime. Not only did he dominate the finals, he was a hero in other games, scoring 5 game winners total, 2 on 4 goals through the first 2 rounds. He was a +19 as a key factor on the 2nd line, and deserves massive praise that is otherwise overshadowed by Wert and Kudleychuk's big point totals. Without Lindstrom, the Stars very likely get pushed around by the Jets in the finals and never have a hope.

Code:
162 words

TASK FOUR: Who is the favorite and who is the underdog of this series? Are they almost even, or is there a big skill difference between the two teams? Must be at least 150 words and include at least three statistics in support.

The Winnipeg Jets went into the finals the clear favourite, 2nd best team in the league during the regular season, with 32 wins and 65 points. The North Stars scraped into the playoffs on the last day of the season, sitting in the 3rd seed. Both teams came in showing that they could score, but the North Stars gave up the 2nd most goals this season, up against the #1 offense of the Jets. The early playoff rounds proved more of the same, as even though the North Stars impressively defeated the Minnesota Chiefs, but the Jets' dismantling of the Texas Renegades, the defending cup champs, in 4 games reaffirmed that they were favourites, and probably would have been the favourites against anybody. It was undoubted, and even after the North Stars went up 3-1, the Jets were probably still the favourites. Though it turned out to be a very close series and the Toronto defense we saw in the regular season was non existent in the playoffs, the Jets having that high powered offense in their pocket can never be counted out.

Code:
183 words

From Zoone16:
Quote:To Chris York ( Symmetrik ): As a rookie GM and coach how does it feel reaching the cup finals in that very first season? Many had you not even making the playoffs and yet you’re there barely missing out on the holy grail. How do you recuperate from such a tough situation?

It feels pretty good, obviously we didn't get it done but it's still pretty good and my most successful season as a GM in any league. I think people who had us not making the playoffs at all were wrong, we had regressing players but they were all still fantastic players. We regroup and get ready for the future.

From ThePandava:
Quote:Symmetrik This is your first season at helm, did you ever thought this team was capable of reaching the Champion Cup final?

Absolutely. I didn't think it was likely, but I believed we still always had a chance, I just had to do my job and ensure the chemistry worked. As long as we made the cut we had a chance. No one believed we could make it, and so we were playing with house money at that point, and when that happens you have nothing to lose and don't have the pressure of being favourites.

From Evok:
Quote:Symmetrik First season in charge of the North Stars and already in the finals, what would you believe was the key to this achievements ? How are you planning to build the team to repeat this feat ?

I mean, I was handed a pretty similar team to the one Cynthia took to the Cup win 2 seasons ago, but keeping that together and using the regressions from players to mold them into the kind of players I needed to get good chemistry, and go from there. It worked out, as regressing players like Jesster, Kudleychuk, and Wert I could guide their regressions to make sure they fit well with the rest of the top 6. From here I have to build by rebuilding. The team's getting old, and it's time to start building up some youth.

[Image: symmetrik.gif]

Prince George Firebirds GM (S34-S36)
Toronto North Stars GM (S37-S43)
[Image: XtyrY3M.png]

The Winnipeg Jets playoff run thus has been pretty staggering. The Jets tore through the Texas Renegades in a four game sweep, which saw the Jets score 23 goals to the Texas Renegades 9 goals, and it was not even as close as that sounds as five of Texas goals were in one game. I believe the key victory for the Jets leading up to their SHL championship was game five of the Western Conference Finals. Seattle had just handed the Jets there first two losses of the post season. Those losses also tied up the Conference Finals and made the Jets get refocused. Therefore, the victory of game five of the Western Conference Finals was a key victory for the Jets. This game also showed how much this game meant to Jets players when old man Elyk stepped up and tied the game. This victory and Elyk’s goal reinstalled the confidence the Jets had gotten from their sweeping of the Texas Renegades.

Looking at the SHL season 37-post season there are many unsung heroes. An argument could be made for the likes of Don Pellegrino, Travis Kudleychuk, Scott Robertson, Cynthia Taylor, and Slappy McDoodle as all of them would be considered unsung heroes. However, for this write up, there could be only one unsung hero and that hero is Big Manius. The Winnipeg Jet veteran defenseman did not have his most productive post season in terms of points but none the rest was an asset to the Jets this post season. Mr. Manius solid defensive play was reflected in his blocked shots and his number of hits during the postseason. Manius’s 54 hits made him second on the Winnipeg Jets for hits during the SHL S37 postseason. Big’s 30 blocked shots in the post season also made him second on the Winnipeg Jets for blocked shots. For those reasons, the veteran Jets defenseman is my choice for the unsung hero of the S37 playoffs.

TASK FOUR: Who is the favorite and who is the underdog of this series? Are they almost even, or is there a big skill difference between the two teams?
Must be at least 150 words and include at least three statistics in support.

Looking at the SHL Season 37 challenge cup match up between the Toronto North Stars and the Winnipeg Jets I believe you to give the edge to the Winnipeg Jets but not by much. During the regular season the Jets did out score the Toronto North Stars 172 to 169 but defensively The Winnipeg jets showed some much better play than the Toronto North Stars. The North Stars gave up 169 as opposed to the jets you only gave up 141 goals. Those number resulted in the Jets have a goal differential of 31, while the North Stars goal differential is zero. The goal-tending match up also appears to give the Jets the edge. Mark Harter has been an outstanding goal tender of the years but I feel those years have taken their toll and gives the Jet’s Lukas Berger the edge. Based off those facts is why I give the slight edge to the Winnipeg Jets in the season 37Challenge cup finals.

<a href='index.php?showuser=1045' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-13'>Steelhead77</a>- The finals are over, you won your 2nd cup. Congrats. What did you eat out of the cup in the post game locker room celebration?
• I did not eat anything. I drank the tears that the SHL player and general managers shed as they were eliminated from the playoffs or lost in the championship game, their tears have revitalized me and I am now ready to begin my off season training.

<a href='index.php?showuser=1157' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-13'>Beaujeaux</a>- you're the opposite butt cheek of slappy that forms a perfect butthole. if you win the cup will you crap all over him?
• Probably he is clearing numb this time of the season and just the act of pushing could cause result in him being blasted.

<a href='index.php?showuser=2699' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-69'>Evok</a> -Are you back, man? im really sorry about what happened between us
• I am back; I do not have anything against you. You were doing your job but I still think the SHL update staff dumping that cleanup work on the user hours before season starts is bullshit. Especially considering the update post had been posted for weeks What if I said the build number is right, and not the overall number is wrong, and asked you to change the overall number?

@Alex Mack (and the F do can I tag you) - If you're lucky enough to win your 2nd cup, how do you think Slappy McDoodle will handle it, will it effect your relationship?
• It could hurt him, I am sure his bitterness will be heard during the next Big Slappy Hour that will be recorded tonight.

<a href='index.php?showuser=2271' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-56'>Avakael</a> - Do you believe this is the last chance that Big Manious has at a cup before he retires, or will he reach the Challenge Cup finals again?
• I do not believe this is my last shot at getting a cup. I believe that I can ride coat tails Visser, Bearss, and Evans for a few more seasons. I believe I can be somewhat serviceable for a few more seasons. Afterall <a href='index.php?showuser=1273' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>Elyk</a> just won the cup.

<a href='index.php?showuser=2338' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>CBear</a> : You showed up huge in the pivotal game 3 against the Renegades, and have been a force throughout the entire playoffs. What kind of game can we expect from Big Manius in this series?
• Well I have not been lighting up offensively this season so I think you can expect solid defense play with lots of hitting and good +/- numbers.

<a href='index.php?showuser=12' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-4'>Leafs4ever</a> As a defender, who is the player you're putting your focus on for the North Stars?
• I am going to be focusing on Travis Kudleychuk with both of us on second lines we should be on the ice a lot together. Also with Mr. Kudleychuk being a former Jet he may know a thing or two about our team play, thus I better keep an eye on him.

@ jRuutu- Which Toronto forward is the hardest to keep in control as in, who manages to get past the defenders most often?
I would have to say Damien Wert, that grease guy can pretty much get by anybody.

[Image: bonk.gif]
Sigs by @FlappyGiraffe,  @Steelhead77,  @ToeDragon84, @slothfacekilla, @Wasty and other dude I need to find your name

Lil' Manius

Big Manius

TASK THREE: Create a graphic highlighting the starting lineup of one of the teams playing in the finals. Graphic must include names and positions for six players, as well as the team logo.
[Image: NL2KuX5.png]

There's no doubt that the Toronto North Stars were the underdog heading into the S37 Challenge Cup Finals. Despite only being two years removed from winning the Challenge Cup, this was a team that many had pegged to miss the playoffs altogether, yet they found themselves losing in Game Seven on the finals. In the regular season, the Jets were the second best team in the league with 65 points, while the Stars had 54. While both teams had great offenses, the Jets really pull away on the defensive side. The Jets allowed 2.82 goals per game, good for fifth in the league, while the Stars were second last, allowing 3.38 goals per game. This discrepancy can be explained in part by the goaltenders. Lukas Berger had a .908 sv% while Toronto's Mark Harter had a .899 sv%. Despite the Jets' superiority in the regular season, the two teams played seven hard-fought games in the Challenge Cup Finals, with Winnipeg coming out on top.

Quote:Originally posted by Velevra+Nov 20 2017, 12:12 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1' id='QUOTE-WRAP'><tr><td>QUOTE (Velevra @ Nov 20 2017, 12:12 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->
<a href='index.php?showuser=9' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-54'>raymond3000</a> – I believe Kristian Eriksson has spent his entire career with Toronto. Did you ever consider leaving at hopes for a cup elsewhere before Toronto won their first cup?\[/b]
I did consider leaving after RaIN took over and the tampering fiasco occurred. I wanted to win a cup more than anything, but after some thought, I realized Toronto still had a good shot at the cup, and it wouldn't mean as much if I won with another team.

Quote:Originally posted by r1c3bowl22@Nov 20 2017, 08:25 AM<br />
<a href='index.php?showuser=9' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-54'>raymond3000</a>: Where does playing in the Finals rank in terms of best moments in your entire career?
Well, the best moment in my career would undoubtedly be winning the Challenge Cup in S35, and nothing else comes close. After that, this finals experience is up there along with reaching the Four Star Cup Finals in S20, and winning MVP in S31.

<!--QuoteBegin-Rich@Nov 22 2017, 10:37 PM

<a href='index.php?showuser=9' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-54'>raymond3000</a>: How do you think Sweden does in IIHF this season?
[/quote]
Our squad is definitely aging and getting hit hard by regression, but we still have one of the better teams in the tourney. With Andersson in net, and it being his last ever action before he retires, I think we have a good shot at Gold.

TASK SEVEN: Pick a player from each team and create a graphic comparing their playoff statistics in S37. Must include player render, team name, team logo, and at least five statistics for each player.
[Image: RJGsMKD.png]

[Image: 17307_s.gif]

StarsnorwayRenegades // PLAYER PAGE || UPDATES \\ RenegadesnorwayStars

game 4 of the first round was the most important for the winnipeg jets. facing off against the defending champions is never easy, especially one as plucky as the texas renegades. game four showed that the jets were for real, as they completed their sweep of the defending champions on their home ice. as the boos rained down from the stands, one could see the that the riled up jets could easily go all the way this season. on top of that, the offensive powerhouse had posted two back to back seven goal games. in this one, it was back and forth. they bailed out Berger, who gave up 5 goals, but getting 7, including 2 from Corey Bearss and Don Pelligrino. they dominated all other statistical areas; out hitting, blocking more shots, winning more face offs and taking less penalties their opponent. they're power play was also red hot, going four for four.

[Image: unknown.png]

<a href='index.php?showuser=2327' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-69'>ztevans</a>

<a href='index.php?showuser=1722' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-13'>Nereus</a> - how did you do it?

@wic - how did it feel coming so close to having two cups in 3 years?

<a href='index.php?showuser=2476' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-17'>ThePandava</a> - what could have gone better?

júnior Guarda
Throat Goat

Code:

The Winnipeg Jets’ game 7 win over the Seattle Riot was definitely the most crucial game to get them to this point in the season. That was a winner take all game and the Jets won. Had the Jets lost that game the Riot would have made it to the Challenger Cup to face the Toronto North Stars instead. The game saw the Jets compete in a high-scoring game and take the lead and put up enough points to get a win. Additionally, they even fell behind the Riot in a critical moment, right after they had just taken it back. In most cases the quick flip-flop of highs and lows would have sucked a lot of the wind from their sails, so to speak, but the Jets were able to come back fighting even harder than before and score three unanswered goals that ended up giving them an impressive, statement bearing win in the final game of their series with the Riot. Clearly, coming back from a deficit and scoring three unanswered goals qualifies as a crucial game, especially when it is in an elimination game 7.

Code:

My pick for the unsung hero of the S37 playoffs is Alek Koivu. Koivu managed to finish the playoffs with an outstanding +16 rating, scoring 2 goals and tallying 9 assists by the end. He absolutely solidified the back end for the Jets and made them hard to play against. Koivu may not be the most prolific scorer on the back end of the Jets star studded lineup, but when he's on the ice, he can absolutely shut down the opposing forwards and hold the back end together. It's actually amazing to see how well he did this playoffs considering he was playing on the 3rd pairing. At such low minutes a game, it's amazing that he kept up with the rest of the D men on the team in points, with the exception of Weber, who finished with 17 on the season. Koivu really stands out as being a great player who won't get enough praise for this playoff run.

Code:

I think that the Winnipeg Jets have to be the favorite in this series and that makes the Toronto North Stars the underdog. First let us take a look at the regular season stats of these two teams. The Jets finished with 172 goals for versus 169 goals for Toronto. These stats aren’t too far off and it shows both teams can get it done offensively. However, on the defensive side the Jets have allowed 141 goals which blows the 169 allowed by the North Stars out of the water. If you go a bit deeper you will even notice that Toronto did not even have a positive point differential, but broke even. In comparison, the Jets managed a strong +31 point differential over the course of the regular season. To further the case for the Jets, look at their playoff record. Thus far, they have only lost a single game and it was in overtime. Compare that to the Stars who have lost 3 games with an 8 point differential. The Jets have dominated the post-season thus far and I expect that to continue as the favorites in the championship.

Code:

Cynthia

What do you think was the biggest factor in Toronto failing? Was it because the Bananerstrom wasn't unleashed?

ztevans

What do you think your role was in this matchup? Do you think you are a contender for the MVP?

Chris-McZehrl

Do you think there is some magic to being undefeated in the Challenge Cup Finals? Can you tell me?