Create Account

NFL Discussion Thread

I saw a mock today with the Bills landing Mason Rudolph. I have zero thoughts on him, because I don't follow NCAA ball. Someone enlighten me, please.

Also, do we think Frank Gore is a HOF RB? A tweet I saw about him today had me wondering.

[Image: tZTGSGj.png]
[Image: 2AFxw6o.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Phobospwns@Dec 7 2017, 01:19 PM
I saw a mock today with the Bills landing Mason Rudolph.  I have zero thoughts on him, because I don't follow NCAA ball.  Someone enlighten me, please.

Also, do we think Frank Gore is a HOF RB?  A tweet I saw about him today had me wondering.
Past 3 seasons he's thrown for over 11,000 yards and had 76 touchdowns with 20 interceptions. He's pretty big (6'5", 230+) and a typical Big 12 QB just airing it out ~35 times a game or more. I'm not huge on him but I can see why he'd work out in the NFL.

Frank Gore is absolutely a HOF player. Top 5 in rushing yards all-time and still going. 9 seasons with 1,000+ yards and that was in an 11 year span. The other 2 seasons he had ~850 yards in only 11 games and then fell short at 967 yards in 2015, his first season on the Colts.

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]
[Image: KPt6Yuu.png]

Quote:Originally posted by WannabeFinn@Dec 7 2017, 01:47 PM

Past 3 seasons he's thrown for over 11,000 yards and had 76 touchdowns with 20 interceptions. He's pretty big (6'5", 230+) and a typical Big 12 QB just airing it out ~35 times a game or more. I'm not huge on him but I can see why he'd work out in the NFL.

Frank Gore is absolutely a HOF player. Top 5 in rushing yards all-time and still going. 9 seasons with 1,000+ yards and that was in an 11 year span. The other 2 seasons he had ~850 yards in only 11 games and then fell short at 967 yards in 2015, his first season on the Colts.
Hmm, good to know, thanks! I heard he needs "polish" from my quick interwebs search. I don't want a guy who needs a ton of polish. EJ Manuel was that kind of player. I can't do it again.

As for the RBs, that's pretty much where I fall, too. It's kind of a bummer that the "modern NFL" RBs don't get the accolades they once did. Looking at the all time rushing yards, with active players, you've got Gore and Peterson, who are pretty much locks for HOF. Then it's down to like McCoy, Forte, and Lynch. Those guys... hmmm, where does the line get drawn? I don't think CJ2K and Jamaal Charles are good enough to make it in.

[Image: tZTGSGj.png]
[Image: 2AFxw6o.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Phobospwns@Dec 7 2017, 01:54 PM

Hmm, good to know, thanks!  I heard he needs "polish" from my quick interwebs search.  I don't want a guy who needs a ton of polish.  EJ Manuel was that kind of player.  I can't do it again.

As for the RBs, that's pretty much where I fall, too.  It's kind of a bummer that the "modern NFL" RBs don't get the accolades they once did.  Looking at the all time rushing yards, with active players, you've got Gore and Peterson, who are pretty much locks for HOF.  Then it's down to like McCoy, Forte, and Lynch.  Those guys... hmmm, where does the line get drawn?  I don't think CJ2K and Jamaal Charles are good enough to make it in.
I think Shady will do enough to get in if he can stay healthy.

Quote:Originally posted by tweedlebrumm@Dec 7 2017, 12:17 PM

WR wouldn't hurt either.
Not a huge issue though with Gordon back and looking like he hasn't even missed a beat. Gordon/Coleman will be a damn fine WR1/WR2 duo. I would like to see us actually have a solid WR3 though, someone who plays like Hawkins did for us. Whether that's in FA or the draft I don't know, but I when I look at that group of Ricardo Louis/Kenny Britt/Rashard Higgins I see a whole bunch of meh.

Josh Rosen, welcome to Cleveland

Quote:Originally posted by WannabeFinn@Jan 3 2018, 08:47 PM
The Nosen One.

Jack Tanner (D) - [Player Page] [Player Updates]

[Image: mH3z832.png]

[Image: Beaver.gif]
One sig is tweed's and the other was a karlssens/Copenhagen collab

AC | Bank | Claims

Quote:Originally posted by WannabeFinn@Jan 3 2018, 07:47 PM
Inb4 browns trade up from 4 and pick Darnold with the 2nd ovr pick because two possible franchise QBs are better than one right? Browns gonna brown

[Image: ml002.gif]
Credit to Copenhagen, Wasty, FlappyGiraffe, InciteHysteria, and caltroit_red_flames
 [Image: MM4nqx6.png] [Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png] Knights
[Image: GZ9XvkA.png]

Quote:Originally posted by ml002@Jan 3 2018, 09:43 PM

Inb4 browns trade up from 4 and pick Darnold with the 2nd ovr pick because two possible franchise QBs are better than one right? Browns gonna brown
ya and Josh Allen/Lamar Jackson at 33

[Image: ec449ab8bea7dfa3b553cacf28bebdc5.png]

is it draft day yet

Quote:Originally posted by WannabeFinn@Feb 12 2018, 05:03 AM
[Image: ec449ab8bea7dfa3b553cacf28bebdc5.png]

is it draft day yet
Browns42069

you fuckin goob lmao

Jack Tanner (D) - [Player Page] [Player Updates]

[Image: mH3z832.png]

[Image: Beaver.gif]
One sig is tweed's and the other was a karlssens/Copenhagen collab

AC | Bank | Claims

What a day for the Browns eh

Quote:Originally posted by WannabeFinn@Mar 9 2018, 09:05 PM
What a day for the Browns eh
That's what happens when you decide to operate as a functional NFL team and finally capitalize on the picks and cap-space your failures have earned you.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[pbhfx]

[/pbhfx]
ShlBattlebornUkShlBattlebornUkShlBattlebornUk
Player Page || Update Page

Quote:Originally posted by Winter is Coming@Mar 10 2018, 12:49 AM

That's what happens when you decide to operate as a functional NFL team and finally capitalize on the picks and cap-space your failures have earned you.
Sashi Brown died for this. The Sam Hinkie of the NFL.

Trust the Process

Quote:Originally posted by WannabeFinn@Mar 10 2018, 12:08 AM

Sashi Brown died for this. The Sam Hinkie of the NFL.

Trust the Process

Trust Haslam with a development process?

I'll at least withhold laughter until it blows up anyway. Good on them for at least trying to start something and spend. They also scratched Buffalo's back since it's clear they've wanted Tyrod Taylor out despite him being the best QB they've had in a while.

Speedwagon Player Page | Speedwagon Updates Page 

[Image: speedwagongifsig.gif]

[Image: GoonerBear.gif]