Create Account

S40 Championship Week

TASK ONE: Your player has been invited to do color commentary for Game 1 of the Finals. (Un)fortunately, your player’s decided to drink a bit before making this guest appearance. In at least 150 words, write a transcript of the opening commentary of the game and your player’s introduction.

Commentator: Game 1 of the Challenge Cup finals here in Calgary and we got a special guest from the cup defenders here during the pregame warm ups. Welcome on board Terrance Nova, you led the playoffs last season in points and goals and brought back a cup to Minny, are you nervous at all going into game 1 tonight?

TN: Nervous, yeahh a lil bit but this shit got me leanin mayyyne

Commentator: Its a cup with some purple stuff in it. What is that drink Nova, is it your pregame supplement?

TN: Naww, its lean brodie, Im from the H, its what we sip back in the 3rd. I dont drink alcohol and yall dont know about this stuff, na mean

Commentator: So it's definitely not a supplement, got it. How negatively do you think this will effect your performance against the Dragons?

TN: You know what man, I'm not going to sit here an front to you and say it'll make me play better, or good even but shit it's already in my system so I might as well ride it, ya know?

Commentator: Forsure. Talk about how you need to come out against the Dragons.. who have been so tenacious the past few season in staying relevant in topics of contending teams, to protect your cup title and we'll let you go back to your lockerroom.

TN: We can't be garbage and I can't be playing like I'm on drugs.

Commentator: Foreal. Okay thanks Nova, see you on the ice

TN: One love

TASK TWO: Who is your choice for the unsung hero of the S40 playoffs up to this point? Must be at least 150 words and include at least two statistics in support.

My own player would be my choice of unsung hero. As conceited as it sounds, I don't think Nova gets as much recognition as he deserves typically anyways, so I think its appropriate. Nova led the playoffs in goals and points last season before bringing home the cup and came in 2nd in goals this playoffs, one shy of tying for 1st. He shot just under 16% and scoring 11 goals, also was a +7, 43 hits and 2 GWG in 20 games. Dude deserves some kind of award after getting flaked by the award committee more than once in his career. His performance is usually unmatched, yet goes unnoticed because he does all the little things. They talk about his defense but yet looking at Nova's career stats, hes one of the most consistent players in +/- over seasons. He delivered this playoffs and did what he was asked to do for a player in his position, also coming 4th in the tournament in faceoffs, with a dominant 54.44%. Nova might not have had the most points, but he's still flashy enough to break the game.

TASK FOUR: Unscramble the names of these four players who will be competing in the Challenge Cup Finals. Send the answers to me by forum PM. You will not get credit for posting the answers in this thread. Please make the subject of the message “CW Word Scramble." [Grading: 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer]

1. avoopktsmmsia
2. kdiogdaaser
3. cujzirkeekows
4. srkovoobhdfireo

Sent

TASK SIX: Both of the goaltenders in the finals have put up a remarkable battle for their teams to get them this far. Between the two starting goaltenders, who wins the goalie battle, and will it be enough for them to bring their team home a Cup win? Justify your decision in at least 150 words with at least two goalie statistics and one team statistic.

At the end of the finals, it really came down to who had the better goalie because both teams scored 3.2 goals per game this playoffs. While the Dragons were not as offensively efficient as the Chiefs, they got backed up by a very hot Richard C. Hocolate who posted up a leadinig .922 SV%. The Chiefs played very poorly on the PK (72%) which was a big deal when talking about O'Koivu's performance. He was solid but his team allowed him to give up a 2.79 GAA while he put up a .909%. Hocolate was just better and Chiefs PK was not ready this finals to help O'Koivu. Chiefs are a really good team offensively but Hocolate had their number, that was the story of the finals. Dragons goalie literally did just enough to grind out a tough game 7 win over the defending team to bring the cup back to Calgary.

TASK NINE: Trivia! Send the answers to me by forum PM. You will not get credit for posting the answers in this thread. Please make the subject of the message “CW Trivia.” [Grading: 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 for each correct answer.]

1. Who is the Minnesota Chiefs’ only historical winner of both the Ron Mexico and Sarmad Khan trophies?
2. Which two Western Conference teams have the Minnesota Chiefs defeated in the Finals to win Challenge Cups?
3. Who were the Dragons’ first two inductees into their team’s Hall of Fame in S6?
4. What is the Dragons’ Jesster Award awarded for?

Sent

Bonus question: Terrance Nova

Doubt is a dream killer

TASK ONE:

“Hello and welcome to the first game of this year’s Four Star Cup. I’m Max Weber, defensemen for the Winnipeg Jarts, and I can’t tell you how honored I am to be talking to all you loverly individuals. Hello to everyone back home in Germany. Tonight we have the Minnesota Chefs and the California Dragons. The California Flagons are led by their star forward, Joe Kur... Kurze... Kurtzakewski. On the other side, the Chefs have really relied on their longtime defenseman, Orlando Gorgonzola. Gorgonzola is a fine addition to any pasta, and the Chefs sure know their cheese. The opening puck drop is coming right up after these messages from your friends and mine at Izzy Dogs. Save a cow, eat a dog. Izzy Dogs!”

“Max. There you are. Ready to go up to the broadcast booth?”

“The wha..?”

“The broadcast booth. Why are you holding that bottle like a microphone?”

“Uh, no idea. Can I get some coffee?”

TASK TWO:

This task is generally intended to have discussion of players in the Challenge Cup finals. That’s what I’ll do, but if it’s anyone, it’s Luke Fleming. He put up 13 points in 14 games, including 7 goals. That’s in under 16 minutes a night, on the Jets third line. Nevertheless, let’s chat about a player that is participating in these finals. Other players for Minnesota may get more press, like Sebastian Strange and Terrance Nova. But Johnathan Lundberg has been an absolute force in these playoffs, and is showing that he’s not done being an elite player. 19 points in 20 games, with a devastating 64 hits. That’s over 3 hits a game on average! I’ve long felt like the Power Forward build is an extremely disadvantaged build in the modern SHL. Lundberg has made it work for his entire career, and he should get serious Hall of Fame consideration, in my opinion. The Chiefs’ loss in these finals is not anywhere near his shoulders.

TASK FOUR:

Pm’d you pris!

TASK NINE: Trivia!

PM'd you pris Smile

Bonus question: Who scores the Cup-winning goal?

Dani Forsberg Dragons

#GOJETSGO
[Image: pQ2EKtU.png]
S32 SHL Draft No. 1 Overall

[Image: SHLEmoteJets.png]
Max Weber || D#39 || Portland Admirals/Winnipeg Jets ||

Bonus Question: Who scores the Cup-winning goal?
Mike Izzy Dragons

[Image: mtDOugA.png]

[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] [Image: QtEp67y.png]

[Image: KhdDH3Q.png] [Image: q4PM2XX.png]

Bojo Box (C. Knouse)

TASK ONE: Your player has been invited to do color commentary for Game 1 of the Finals. (Un)fortunately, your player’s decided to drink a bit before making this guest appearance. In at least 150 words, write a transcript of the opening commentary of the game and your player’s introduction.

"Hello fans and welcome to first game of the Challenge Cup finals between the Minnesota Chiefs and Calgary Dragons. Joining me tonight as a special guest colour commentator is Mattias Holmberg, a member of S39 Challenge Cup winning Minnesota Chiefs. How are you doing tonight, Mattias?"

"I'm doing -hicc-, pretty great. And I wasn't just a -hicc-, member of the Challenge Cup winning team, I was -hicc-, the sole reason why we won the Cup that season. The would have been no-hicc-were near the finals without me. I can guarantee you this would be a short series -hicc-, without me."

"Right then, let's just get down to the starting lineups. You played for Minnesota last season, do you have any insight you can add on why they are starting these specific players?"

"Nova, Lundberg, Glover. -hicc- Those guys always start. It's always the same line, nothing different. -hicc- I think it's crazy that they basically play the same 6 guys over and over again. Caelum and Shirobokov, crazy. Shirobokov is great -hicc-, but not going with a veteran like Garbanzo bean is ridiculous."

"Have you been drinking?"

"It helps dull the pain and feeling of failure."

TASK FOUR: Unscramble the names of these four players who will be competing in the Challenge Cup Finals. Send the answers to me by forum PM. You will not get credit for posting the answers in this thread. Please make the subject of the message “CW Word Scramble."

TASK NINE: Trivia! Send the answers to me by forum PM. You will not get credit for posting the answers in this thread. Please make the subject of the message “CW Trivia.” [Grading: 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 for each correct answer.]

Bonus question: Who scores the Cup-winning goal? (NOTE: This question will be graded at the conclusion of the winning-game sim of the Challenge Cup Finals, even if that happens before the conclusion of Championship Week.)

Louie Garrett

Sven Holmberg

[Image: hexx55.gif]

[Image: mitochondriafigure1.jpg]
Player Page | Update Page

Bonus question: Joe Kurczewski

Task 2
My unsung hero for the Minnesota Chiefs is the young Russian defender Fedor Shirobokov. Despite his tender age, he showed throughout the playoff that he is a top 4 defender and potentially a future top 2. He averaged 20 minutes a night without being featured in the special team. Nonetheless, he scored a goal and 6 assists for a total of 7 points. What differentiates him from the other defenders is his physical style. In 20 games, he managed 56 hits more than any other defenders at Minnesota. It’s almost an average of three hits per game. His physicality ensures that opponents keep their heads up when entering the offensive zone when Shirbokov is on the ice. This means lowering the speed when entering the zone allowing the defensive team to get into position. It also helps the netminder to have a clear view when you have a physical defender that can clear the bodies in front of the net. For all these reasons, Fedor Shirobokov is my unsung hero of the playoff.

Task 3
[Image: wtwlLG7.jpg]

Task 4
PM’d

Task 5
[Image: 7pV7ACp.jpg]

Task 9
PM'd

Goal scorer - Joe Kurczewski

Did word Scramble and Trivia

Task one - Your player has been invited to do color commentary for Game 1 of the Finals. (Un)fortunately, your player’s decided to drink a bit before making this guest appearance. In at least 150 words, write a transcript of the opening commentary of the game and your player’s introduction.

Alright here we are in the game one of the playoffs of the SHL finals. I don't really remember what the final is called, and for some reason they picked an SMJHL to be the guy to call the game in spite of never stepping foot on the major league ice. Whatever, not my call (I better be getting paid for this). So we have the Calgary Dragons against the Minnesota who gives a shit. Congrats for making it here. I don't think anyone really cares that much about this. Is anyone listening? Is anyone watching? Nope. So anyway I'm here and to deal with the fact that it is in two very cold weather cities I had several beers and some whisky. Its going to make for some very interesting commentary on a very boring game but what the hell, it makes me feel better about being here, so here I am. But anyway you didn't tune it to here a drunk man rant - so lets move on. 169

TASK SIX: Both of the goaltenders in the finals have put up a remarkable battle for their teams to get them this far. Between the two starting goaltenders, who wins the goalie battle, and will it be enough for them to bring their team home a Cup win? Justify your decision in at least 150 words with at least two goalie statistics and one team statistic.

Richard C. Hocolate AKA Dick Chocolate AKA ADwyer AKA The baddest ass mother fucker, has been a stone cold killer in these SHL playoffs. In Addition to being a monster against my boys in the Texas Renegades the dude has stepped it up majorly and I think he will be the one to bring home the hardware. I will get into real statistics in a bit but first we gotta go with name value. I mean a dude who is named after dick chocolate is just incredible and you know that he has to be confident after growing up with a weird ass name like that. But lets turn to the Ice real quick. This bad ass dude has an insane .928 save percentage, that is putting the team on his back. Hocolate has seen over 400 shots against and has managed to boss out to be able to get that high of a save percentage. The Dragons were a successful team in the regular season, in spite of finishing below the top spot in the West they were conference favorites by many and that is because of Dick. 189

TASK TWO: Who is your choice for the unsung hero of the S40 playoffs up to this point? Must be at least 150 words and include at least two statistics in support.

What if I told you that someone in the SHL playoffs averaged more goals than games? What if I told you that this player had a shooting percentage of nearly 20%? What if I told you, that it didn't even matter because his team got bounced in the first round? Welcome to the Dieter Dominique - a wolfpack tragedy, directed by Evok and Eggy. But really Dieter Dominique was a monster in these playoffs and even though the New England doggos didn't win a series he deserves some mention. The dude was an absolute monster, scoring 6 goals in only 5 games. In addition to his goals Dieter Dominique was an efficient shoo shooting at over 19% during the first round playoff series. In addition to the 6 goals Dieter Dominique wound up with two assists, which again is very impressive overall during a 5 game series. To me Dieter Dominique was the un sung hero and if he didn't perform as well the team would've been even worse. 168

TASK ONE:

And here we are for the first game of 40th SHL Challenge Cup finals. They just sprung this on me that I had to come do this or maybe they told me a week ago who cares. I may have had a drink or ten but who's counting. It's the freaking dragons from Calgary again making out the West. Seriously who picked the team name. Dragons? That's all they got going for them in Calgary? Dreaming of extinct/fake creatures since nothing else would willing live there I guess. Whatever. They keep winning some how so I have to shit on them. And the Chiefs made it out of the East this time. Guess those Wolfpack fellas finally stopped winning huh. That old guy Garbanzo finally getting success late in his career though huh. Happy for him winning his first last season but I really don't wanna see him win back to back and pass me in cups. Tired of seeing Calgary winning too so hopefully this whole thing just gets cancelled. Oh yeah... the game... can't y'all just mic them up and skip the commentary.

TASK TWO: <a href='index.php?showuser=1722' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-13'>Nereus</a>

Man it is hard to pick an unsung hero in the playoffs. I guess I have to pick someone from a team that lost since Minny and Calgary all the key contributors are in the limelight with the upcoming finals showdown. So Hamilton have Dover leading the way and a couple forwards coming close to point a game. Hard to find anything there. The Jets lost in 7 as well but one surprising performance was Fleming. The old man was relegated to the third line this season but he's shown up in the playoffs doing his best to will his team on but ultimately coming short. Perhaps playing a reduced role and fewer minutes has helped him keep fresh enough to give it all in the post season but he was a beast tallying 13 points in 14 games and 7 of those 13 points coming as goals which was the highest on his team.The highest plus minus of 6 in only 15 minutes as well. Heroic effort and deserving of this write up.

TASK SIX:

As was stated, both goalies have put on phenomenal displays in the playoffs this year on their way to the finals. Between R.C. Hoc and OOK, it is hard to pick one and say they are definitively better than the other. They both are rocking a sub 2.50 GAA heading into the matchup with only 4 goals against more in an extra game for OOK. They both have posted 1 shutout while RC.Hoc has been the busier of the two. It looks like it will be a war of attrition and whichever side is the first to make a mistake will see their team drop a game in the series. I'm going to give the edge to the Chiefs netminder as he has more help in front of him as evidenced by him facing less shots against in more games. I wouldn't be surprised if I was wrong and R.C. Hoc wins the war however

Bonus: Garbanzo

[Image: 35513_s.gif]
Sigs by Kit, Maxy, Mook, LazyEye, Wasty, Ragnar, Bushito, Frank, 701, Pandar

Player Page | Update Thread
[Image: 263vaqs.png][Image: 8x07c6.png][Image: 2ut59pt.png][Image: s6rdXyK.png]

Bonus: Terrance Nova

Task One
Here we are for game oneeeeeee of the Challenge Cup Finals. Issa dueeeeeeel between the Dragons and Chiefs and get ready because this will be a good one, brought to you by Jim Beam the beammmmmsssssss. I can attest to its niceness right here so go buy some and you’re in for a great time. Nowwwww for the starting lineupsssssssss. For the Dragonnnnnnns we got Hot Chocolate in netttttt and he’s behind some five guys…. Can someone get me five guys cuz that shit would be fucking bomb right now. Oh yeah, we got Joe Mazowski and Randle Randyman with Stew and Carrots on the forwards group here and then for the blueeeeeeeee ballers we got Alan Kaizaaaaaahhhhhhh and Mikey Boychicks. And for the Chiefsssssssss, Olli Olli Oxumfree in net with the defense guys of Not a Cucumber and For Sobolokolokolokololov. At forwards it’s the champagne supernovaaaaaaaa, Donald Gloverrrrrrrrrrr, and Jeb Goldberggggg!

Task Two
The unsung hero of the playoffs would have to be Minnesota Chiefs defenseman Fedor Shirobokov. A guy who is often relied upon to do much of the dirty work, he is often not in the spotlight and his game is marked by his defensive and physical play rather than his point scoring ability. In the regular season, his point scoring ability was nothing special and the same story definitely holds for the playoffs. In 20 games of the playoffs, he managed just a single goal and six assists. These seven points ranked fourth on the Chiefs among defensemen in scoring and eleventh on the team overall despite logging over twenty minutes per game. However, his 56 hits in the playoffs ranked second on the Chiefs and third in the SHL while his +/- of 10 was not matched by any other player in these playoffs, proving that, despite a lack of point production, he is a highly effective young player who is only going to improve over the next few seasons and his playoff performance, despite a lack of flashiness, was absolutely huge for the Chiefs.

Task Six
Much ado was made about the goaltending battle between Olli O’Koivu of the Minnesota Chiefs and Richard C. Hocolate of the Calgary Dragons prior to the series. Both were obviously highly important parts of their respective teams’ success in reaching the Challenge Cup Finals. However, one of the two clearly emerged as the winner of this battle once the playoffs came to a close and the crown has to go to Calgary goaltender Hocolate. He played extraordinarily well all playoffs, leading the SHL in both save percentage at .922 and goals against average at 2.57. Meanwhile, his counterpart in O’Koivu managed respectable but not nearly as impressive marks of .909 and 2.79. More remarkably is that despite his team playing 19 games to the Chiefs’ 20, Hocolate still faced four more shots than O’Koivu throughout the playoffs but gave up 49 goals to O’Koivu’s 57. While both goaltenders played well, it is clear that Hocolate proved to be the clear difference maker for the Dragons and step up his game when it really counted.

TASK FOUR: PMED

TASK NINE: PMED

[Image: Marius_buffalo.png]

08-24-2018, 01:08 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Ah yes, the veteran meme player. A surefire bet for maybe 400 TPE Tongue
05-23-2020, 02:25 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Scoop AINEC
[Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif]

[Image: Poppity.png]
^^^^^ Thank you JSSSSS
[Image: Poopity_Scoop_1.png]
^^^^Credits to Snussu^^^^

[Image: Scoop.png]

TASK TWO
While there have been many stellar performances thus far in the S40 SHL Playoffs, when it comes to picking an unsung hero, there's one choice that sticks out in my mind. Plenty of players have had their efforts go under the radar, but for my money, Calgary Dragons centre Alex Mack has been one of the least-celebrated heroes of the post-season.

Mack doesn't get the most minutes - he is, after all, the Dragons third-line centre. This sees Mack out there in difficult situations, matched up against top lines and without much opportunity offensively. In fact, Mack plays just 16.23 minutes/game, among the lowest on the Calgary roster.

Still, Mack has had success finding the score-sheet. Recording 7 points, all assists, Mack has a very impressive 0.72 points/20. nearing the top of the Dragons chart. Faced with tough match-ups on the ice, Mack has done incredibly well, and for that reason earns my nod as unsung hero.

TASK FOUR
PM'd

TASK SIX
The S40 Challenge Cup Finals features an incredible goaltending battle - as is often the case. Still, this year feels especially competitive, with Richard C. Hocolate going head-to-head with Olli O'Koivu, we've got a couple of the games' best netminders trying to one-up each other from opposite ends of the rink.

With two goaltenders this good, it's hard to give either team the edge in the puck-stopping category. As a result, I'd say it's a draw in this series. With that being said, if I had to give one goaltender the nod over another, gun to the head, I'd have to choose Richard C. Hocolate.

Hocolate has had an incredible post-season, recording a league-best save percentage of .928. Of course, the sample size is small in the playoffs, but Hocolate has been the hottest goalie all post-season and he needs only keep that up for a few more games to ensure a playoff victory for the Dragons. His GAA of 2.40 is also slightly better than O'Koivu's, while having played fewer minutes and maybe being better rested. For these reasons, Hocolate gets the (slight) edge as the top goalie in the series.

TASK EIGHT

[Image: na3lZKf.png]

TASK NINE
PM'd

Jim Abott: Here we are, about to start game 1 and I am joined by Vasily Horvat from the Texas Renegades. How are you Vasily, and are you ready for this series to get started?

Vasily Horvat: I am not doing well tonight John. The vodka here is cheap and this series is being played by a bunch of underserving children.

JA: Wow. Why do you say that?

VH: Well look at them. Jonny Lundberg is the only one out there with any hair on his chest. Guys like Sebastian Strange and Kurczewski take more hits than a Khrushchyovkan whore. There is no grit in this series. Its just a series to determine who is the better ballerina. Nothing to see here.

JA: Those are harsh words for a team that knocked you out of the playoffs earlier this year.

VH: Listen Jake. The only reason we lost to the Calgary Ponies is bad luck. They are a weak team, filled with weak people, with weak bloodlines. They are weak, their parents are weak, and their children are weak. Not a single bear fighter on the roster. I am done here. Where is the good vodka?

I am going out on a limb with this one. For me the person who isn’t getting any attention is out of Calgary, Hunky Monkey. His stat line isn’t that impressive. One goal with four assists sounds like a 3rd pairing kind of defensemen. Which is what he is for 5 on 5. His contributions go beyond that though. With 32 PK minutes Monkey is 3rd on the team for PK time. He plays 50% of the penalty kills, and he has only taken 2 penalties during the playoffs. This is a responsible player who isn’t getting anywhere near the attention that some of his teammates are, which isn’t surprising. This league favors the high-flying scoring defenseman a lot more than they do the responsible, defensively minded blue lines who eats up a ton of PK time. Hunky is quietly making a case for a promotion to the 2nd, and even 1st pairing in the next couple years, and if he can work on his puck moving skills the league better look out.

Both goalies have been great so far this post season, that is undeniable. However, statistically speaking one of them has performed better than the other. O’Koivu has performed splendidly, but he has been overshadowed by the opposing goalie at the other end of the ice. If it weren’t for Hocolate, O’Koivu would be having one of the best post seasons of any goalie in recent memory. O’Koivu has posted a .914 save percentage with a 2.45 GAA which is outstanding. Hocolate on the other side has posted a .928 save percentage with a 2.40 GAA which is just slightly better. I would give the edge to Hocolate, and to the Dragons in this series. I think Hocolate will continue to stand on his head and will find ways to steal a game in this series, possibly two, and maybe even the whole series. He very well could end up being the MVP of the playoffs with his performance so far, and unless the Chiefs find a way to get the puck past him, and in spades, I don’t see this being a competitive series.

[Image: horvat3.png]

Task One: Colour Commentary

"Welcome one and all to the Challenge Cup Finals. I know none of us wanted to see this come down to Minnesota and Calgary, talk about a boring end to the season, but I think we can all agree that the hopes of the league rest squarely upon the shoulders of the Minnesota Chiefs. I hear that Robert Andersson was a good guy."

The players begin to hit the ice.

"There we see the Chiefs coming out first... There's Sebastian Strange, a man I've never heard of but apparently he's pretty good. There's Garbanzo now, trailing dust behind him... if anyone ever belonged in a museum, it was that guy. Oh! And look, there's Logan! It's a wonder he can skate with his foot lodged so far up his own mouth. Oh well. At least he didn't end up in prison or something... and there come the Dragons. There's Adam Kaiser, good guy, you know... Randy Randleman, heard of him before... Mike Izzy and his entire entourage, and then there's Joe Kurc-- Kurcewick--"

"That Scarecrows guy. Whatever, let's get ready for some boring hockey."

Task Two: Unsung Hero

If any man deserves to be called the unsung hero of the playoffs, it's Terrance Nova. Although he doesn't have the same spectacular point production of players like Strange or Lundberg for the Chiefs, he's got something particularly impressive -- a plus seven, making him the team leader in that regard. On top of that +7 statistic, he's managed six goals, putting him tied for most on the team. Even better, two of those goals were game winners. This isn't to say that Nova deserves the MVP nod over the top scorers: by all accounts, there have been some seriously solid performances in this year's playoffs. But it's hard to deny that Nova has provided an irreplaceable spark for the Chiefs.

It's also worth noting that Nova has also been a rare example of a player who's had a consistent, physical edge to him without racking up many penalty minutes in the playoffs. At 30 hits, he's third one the team behind Jonathan Lundberg and Fedor Shirobokov, but he's kept his PIMs to just 6. Responsible, physical play is a rarity in the SHL, and the Chiefs have to be happy with that.

TASK FOUR: Unscramble the names of these four players who will be competing in the Challenge Cup Finals. Send the answers to me by forum PM. You will not get credit for posting the answers in this thread. Please make the subject of the message “CW Word Scramble." [Grading: 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer]

Task Six: Goaltender Battle

The goaltender battle this year isn't as close as it might otherwise have been, but that's no slight on the loser of this particular exchange. Both men have been excellent, but one has been just that much better. Olli O'Koivu has had an excellent playoffs, notching a 0.914 save percentage and a 2.45 goals against average, with 5 losses across the playoffs. Those are the kind of statistics that any goaltender would be happy to see read back to him at the end of a tournament, especially the save percentage. However, that isn't enough to place him ahead of this year's victor in that regard, Richard C. Hocolate. With a 0.928 save percentage, a 2.40 goals against average, and just 3 losses registered, Hocolate isn't just the winner of the goalie battle: he's the single best choice for the MVP of the playoffs.

Looking into the team statistics only makes Hocolate's achievement greater: Calgary only had 355 shots for, compared to 403 shots against. They had to scrap and claw, constantly being outshot, with Hocolate being the one to bail them out night in and night out. By contrast, Minnesota played a high-octane offensive game with 429 shots for and 383 shots against. They scored more, but let in more goals -- but as a result, O'Koivu could stand to let in an occasional soft goal.

In all, two great performances, with one just going that much farther.

[Image: FReZg9W.png]

Task Two

For me, the unsung hero of the playoffs for the Detroit Falcons had to have been Reginald Rove. I know it’s a relatively odd choice considering he was second on the team in playoff points, but when you compare his postseason performance to his regular season one is where you really see why he is deserving of the unsung hero mantle. During the regular season, Rove scored 16 goals in 50 games, not too shabby. However in the playoffs, Rove scored 8 goals in only 15 games, a huge improvement. This holds true for the assist numbers as well. Rove made 15 assists during the regular season, and 6 in the playoffs. So for Rove it wasn’t the intangibles like staying in front of a man and making the extra pass that are why he is the unsung hero, it is his ramped up level of production. I think a lot of people still don’t see Rove as a huge threat, but he was a huge part of the reason that the Falcons were able to make it to the finals this season.

183 Words

More coming...

[Image: 2v10l6s.png]

Task One:
“Hey everyone, your normal host couldn’t be here today due to… an accident… that is in no way traceable back to me… and was their own damn fault. Anyway, this is fighting scorer extraordinaire and former President Trophy winner Dakota Reid. ‘What?’ I hear you say? Yep, I actually won the President’s Trophy. No matter what anyone says, I won a thing! Now, let’s look at these two teams. Rising from the East, we’ve got the Minnesota Chiefs, who never returned my calls while I was a free agent. In fact no one returned my calls as a free agent. Hell, I’m about to be a free agent again and no one appears to even be picking up the phone when I call. I feel so gosh dang loved. And out of the West are the Calgary Dragons, who recently issued out canes instead of sticks to help their older members stay upright while playing in this game. Oh, it looks like the usual announcers are waking up, so I’m just gonna dash out of here. Have a nice night everyone. I hope Chicago wins.”

Task Four:
Sent

Task Nine:
Sent

[Image: KouSaotomeUndraftedSigSmol.png]
Jamie T Wrote:But I wish I'd been a little more exceptional
And I wish I'd been a little unconventional
But I was not enough, no, I'm not enough

My choice is of course from the team that losti n 5 games and the new england wolfpack, the playoff killer, showstopper, one limosine ridin jet flyin son of a gun wooo Dieter Dominique is the man i am talking about. Even though his team sucked, he still had a great postseason. Playing 5 games only, he had 6 games and 8 points, +2 in +/- and only 1 penalty taken. Nobody talking about him and that is just sad. He deserves every credit because without him, this team would be swept and team would be embarrased. Everyone loves Dieter Dominique because he is Dieter Dominique. He is underrated and so dangerous in the playoffs that everyone has to watch out for him. He is the Chris York of the playoffs and that is a damn fact. He is the best there is, the best there was and the best there will ever be.

Sent

TASK FIVE: Create an infographic breaking down and comparing the teams’ performances for one of the games of the finals. Must include at least five sim statistics and both team logos.

[Image: unknown.png?width=400&height=204]

Lets start off with Olli O'Koivu who is the minny goaltender and has been sensational the past 3 seasons. 8-5-0 with a .914 save percentage and a total of 382 saves. But from calgary who is Richard C. Hocolate who is 8-3-1 with a save percentage of .928 and 403 saves. Now that clearly makes Hocolate a better goaltender and he did survive against the Jets. But watch out for minny who eliminated west kendall and hamilton. This is going to be a close series but with minny's offense, its tough. But lets be realistic here. Hocolate has the edge to being a better goaltender because of the team in front of him and the performance he has had before. He may face more shots but he will have more saves. And if he that good, he will lead the dragons to another challenge cup victory and that is a fact.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Hiiiiiii CFJ hereeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, and let's get Game 1 of the series underwayyyy....

HERE COMES THE DROP OF THE PUCK..... AS THE CENTERS LINEUP AT CENTER ICE.......

WAIT THE REF ALREADY DROPPED IT HUH...... STAY TUNED IN TUNE FOR THIS ONE. IZZY COMES INTO THE BOARDS INTO THE PARM MACHINE, STOLEN BY ARGARBARGARDYGAR OR WHATEVER IS NAME IS. PASSED OFF TO DOCTOR STRANGE. HE SCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORESSSSSSSSS WHAT A DAM GOAL BY DOCTOR STRANGE. HE'S SWINGING THIS WAY AND THAT WAY WHAT A GOAL BY THE PANTHER.

HERE COMES IZZY HE SNIPES INTO THE KYLE WAHLGREN..... I MEAN HE SNIPES AT OLLI O'KOIVU OR WHATEVER THAT DUMB GOALIE'S NAME IS.... AND HE SCORESSSS. GREAT GOAL BY THE IZZYMAN. AND THERE'S GO THE WHISTLEEE... I'M GOING TO TAKE A NAP.... (Wakes up at the end of the game)

AND THE GAME IS OVER AND IT'S A 1-1..... OH WAIT 4-3..... THEY DIDN'T BLOW IT LIKE THE LEAFS THE STINKEN LAFFFS, JEEEEEEEEEEEZ LOUIS.... NICE WIN BY CALGARY CHIEFS I MEAN THE CALGARY DRAGONS, NICEEEEE.

THIS IS CFJ SIGNING OUT..........UNTIL NEXT TIMEEEEE RIPPPPPP...........

Code:
177 Words

Well if it was me personally I would pick Daniel Forsberg, the guy has been hitting machine was a key acquisition from the Stampede. Before the finals starting he had 10 points and probably added to that goal total with the way he snipes the puck in the net. He also had the 2nd highest shooting percentage at 10.87% the 2nd highest on the team behind Randy Randleman who leads the team with a 13.64% shooting percentage. He or Esa are the unsung heros for the Calgary Dragons as they scored at key times and provided offensive support when need be as they were able to come back from 3-1 down from a very strong Winnipeg Jets to team to move onto the finals to take on a very strong Minnesota Chiefs team. Overall. the Swedish winger Dani Forsberg is my choice for the unsung hero of the playoffs as he's been playing his butt off to win his first ever Challenge Cup.

Code:
163 Words

Done

It's really both goalies have played really well for their teams. Looking at their stats it would definitely be the Chocolate Man Richard C. Hocolate. In 12 games he has a .928 SV% along with a GAA of 2.40 while O'Koivu has a similiar SV% of .914 and a GAA of 2.45. Now when looking at the Goal For/ Goals Against % stat when comparing the two teams Calgary has the slight edge with 124.14% and 123.53% for Minnesota. Once again very close in stat comparisons between the two goalies as well as the two teams. But I do have to give the edge to Hocolate as he was the better goalie stat wise as well as in pressure situations winning 3 straight games to win the series for the Dragons against a very tough Jets team who couldn't get pucks by the net minder as he would face 40+ shots in key games for the Dragons to avoid going down in the series and possibly getting eliminated in the playoffs.

Code:
170 Words

Done

[Image: Crossfit.gif]

[Image: CFJ1.gif]

Thanks to prettyburn, TML, Carpy, JNH, Jepox, Engi, Karey, Flappy, Skolpadder, Mook, DollarAndADream, Smirnov and Toe for the sigs.

Code:
Crossfit's First Career SHL Goal, 4. Manhattan Rage , Crossfit Jesus 1 (Pedro Sarantez, Nucky Toohoots) at 5:51

Code:
Devitt's First Career SHL Goal, 5. Calgary Dragons , Prince Devitt 1 (Barry Batsbak 21, Mike Izzy 14) at 10:43