Create Account

League Personal Conduct Change / Slash Suspension
(This post was last modified: 09-14-2018, 04:27 PM by Zombiewolf.)

09-14-2018, 04:23 PMDangles13 Wrote: Can the SHL ban players from Discords? A forum ban is weak when everyone is just going to spend time in their team's Discord. Why don't we hit people where it hurts? Start taking TPE from people because forum bans only work when they are permanent.

I mean storm banned Logan from discord so it could happen

SHL main discord that is

[Image: blurrybad.jpg] [Image: zomboy3.png]
Thank you Brandon, Fish, GeckoeyGecko, Karey, Kit, takethehorizon, and Ragnar for the sigs!
[Image: Pw202QP.jpeg]

Player Page || Update page

09-14-2018, 04:06 PMThatDamnMcJesus Wrote: Are rap videos not allowed to be post on the site?

DO you not have anything else to do with your time than try and find the smallest gap in something simple. First it was bitching about adding capped TPE. Now you’re going to think that the HO is going to suspend someone for sharing a video? Maybe if the video was used as a retort, but not simply sharing it

Shout out to ml002, schultzy, slashacm, tedward!
[Image: blastmeaway.gif]

[Image: f4IDm9I.jpg] I [Image: specterspp.png] I [Image: czechup.png] I [Image: gs89eGV.png] I [Image: f4IDm9I.jpg]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

09-05-2018, 10:04 PMBeaver Wrote: Wow look what the PT affiliation has done to our pristine league.
12-19-2018, 12:31 AMBeaver Wrote: I personally blame the PT affiliation for handing out massive amounts of free TPE to all these players, inflating the TPE they're at when they get called up.
[Image: Capture21.PNG?width=400&height=90]

09-14-2018, 04:23 PMDangles13 Wrote: Can the SHL ban players from Discords? A forum ban is weak when everyone is just going to spend time in their team's Discord. Why don't we hit people where it hurts? Start taking TPE from people because forum bans only work when they are permanent.

Ya that sounds like a great idea

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

HO are a massive bundle of sticks

[Image: 6Xj1IWG.png]

Player Page || Update Thread || Signatures

[Image: PoQh1Wx.png] [Image: rmu9FS0.png][Image: VxdFjLy.png][Image: QKcW3J4.png] [Image: RoypPRF.png]
(This post was last modified: 09-14-2018, 04:30 PM by Hallsy.)

09-14-2018, 04:26 PMBlastmeaway Wrote:
09-14-2018, 04:06 PMThatDamnMcJesus Wrote: Are rap videos not allowed to be post on the site?

DO you not have anything else to do with your time than try and find the smallest gap in something simple. First it was bitching about adding capped TPE. Now you’re going to think that the HO is going to suspend someone for sharing a video? Maybe if the video was used as a retort, but not simply sharing it

Do you not have anything else to do with your time other than bitch about my bitching?

09-14-2018, 04:26 PMTheDangaZone Wrote:

Banning on discord will be up to the owner of the discord. If it's the SHL main discord then yes if we see fit to do it then we could follow that route too.

I was being facetious, I know you guys can't ban people from Discords.

[Image: SS19INy.jpg]

[Image: d9J5DHT.png]  [Image: 16PgOBm.png]

09-14-2018, 04:25 PMNJBadApple Wrote: While the words they are 'banning' are certainly ban/suspension worthy, why include the TD in this?  Furthermore, and probably a bigger a concern, is why are people bringing feelings into the TD?  If we're going to undermine the beauty and (really) necessity of the TD, then why does it even exist...

I think there are talks about getting rid of Thunderdome. But I feel like its a necessity to call out people and stuff like that. No1 really called people racist slurs or homophobic slurs on a regular basis in there so in the end it doesn't even matter.

Trying really hard to not say stupid things.......

[Image: L3tGU51.png]
(This post was last modified: 09-14-2018, 04:45 PM by RomanesEuntDomus.)

It's good to see game suspensions return, forum suspensions are a joke in the Discord era that we live in today. Game suspensions are much more effective in holding people accountable, teammates will want to make sure that their best players don't end up suspended so they would have an interest in curbing bad behaviour instead of adding fuel to the fire, as they often do today. And losing out on an award or milestones are things that might make people think twice about misbehaving in the first place, whereas missing a week or two of forum time barely has any effect since people can still hang out in Discord together.

Punishing Discord behaviour could become really tricky though, I get that it's probably necessary nowadays but it could become really messy.

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]

Why are these threads left open for discussion?

Why not have one thread for suspensions. It's locked. And HO replies to it when a suspension occurs?

[Image: 7eETdF8.png]
Falcons

09-14-2018, 04:45 PMKing Wrote: Why are these threads left open for discussion?

Why not have one thread for suspensions. It's locked. And HO replies to it when a suspension occurs?

Because people would just go create 3 new thunderdomes instead. People want to talk about this and they will. Lock this and it will be taken somewhere else.

[Image: 53994_s.gif]

Player Page
Player Updates
SMJHL Commissioner , SMJHL Awards Head, Banker (NEW/WKP), Rookie Mentor

yay

Banning on discord will be up to the owner of the discord. If it's the SHL main discord then yes if we see fit to do it then we could follow that route too.

Seems like a toothless decision, since a forum suspension would ban the player from their forum locker room.  But also seems hard to enforce discord bans because then impartial HO members would have to be in every discord which is not ideal for anyone probably.

I like turtles

09-13-2018, 05:12 PMNUCK Wrote: If I didnt have a Canadian flag as a tattoo, I would have gotten shit kicked by 5 people in Switzerland. They accused me of being an American and were about to pound me good until I showed them my tatty. As soon as they seen it, they apologized and walked away.

True story

09-14-2018, 04:48 PMgrok Wrote:

Seems like a toothless decision, since a forum suspension would ban the player from their forum locker room.  But also seems hard to enforce discord bans because then impartial HO members would have to be in every discord which is not ideal for anyone probably.

Yea we have no reason to want to infringe on other LRs as we are all on separate teams too. The discord is team owned thing and the only way we're going to know something happened is if it's reported. People could also just go make a new discord everytime or a hidden channel or a number of things. It's too hard to actually try and enforce that.

[Image: thedangazone.gif]

09-14-2018, 04:37 PMThatDamnMcJesus Wrote: I think there are talks about getting rid of Thunderdome. But I feel like its a necessity to call out people and stuff like that. No1 really called people racist slurs or homophobic slurs on a regular basis in there so in the end it doesn't even matter.

Or you know you could contact HO and inform them of things that are happening like that. Not everything has to be called out and it would make it a lot easier for HO if people just funneled evidence to them so they could make the necessary decisions

[Image: U04Nn2j.gif]