Create Account

Weekend Funtime: Halftime

1. Who would you select for any of the Awards below?
http://simulationhockey.com/games/shl/S4...index.html
- Lance Uppercut Award (Best GM)

With a ton of Bias, My selection would be for @flappygirrafe

Flappy has an aging team on the edge of a rebuild, but we still are doing very well and growing. He brought in a stud D man who hopefully sticks around long term, and has locked up the youth for the considerable future. He also owes me 10 million dollars on Friday.

[Image: TROYMCCLURE.gif]
Colorado Raptors Capitan S42-Until Forever!
Czechia Wants you! Ask about a transfer!!

I'm still surprised the Jets can't crack the top 4 in the West. They have elite players at every position, but for some reason it's not translating on the ice. I'm still expecting them to pick it up and make the playoffs out of the West.

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 77
34-14-2
Regular Season - [G 3] [A 13] [Pts 16] [+/- +19] [PIM 18] [Hits 30] [SB 142]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

4. What is your strongest 2nd half Prediction/Hot take?

The Texas Renegades are gonna finish out on a tear and get finish out as a top 2 team in the Western Conference. The Renes have a lot of great guys who are dominant. Lets hope they can prove it

2. Who would you say is the surprise team in the standings? (for good or bad)

I think the Winnipeg Jets are my surprise team in the standings for this one. I know the West is a really good division, but honestly I'm surprised going into this week that they are currently out of a playoff spot
(This post was last modified: 11-17-2018, 10:16 AM by Yurt6.)

I think that the rage will break out of this cold streak and get back to winning, holding onto the fourth seed and playoff spot. I'm sure most would disagree, but we've had a really bad stretch and we're still right in it, so I think we can get the job done.

[Image: 2v10l6s.png]

2. Who would you say is the surprise team in the standings? (for good or bad)
The Winnipeg Jets are currently sitting right outside a playoff spot at 5th in the West. The team led the way last season so it's surprising to see them not near the top of the league.

[Image: Niktox.gif]
Specters Monarchs Berserkers Scarecrows [Image: italian-flag.jpg?s=612x612&w=0&k=20&c=tO...eKFgvtgqU=]

Specters Armada Scarecrows Czechia
Panthers Specters Jets Scarecrows Usa [Image: 4star.png] [Image: challengecup.png] [Image: challengecup.png]
RIP Dangel #AD26  |  RIP TDZ

A lot of people have the Jets as a surprise, honestly, it isn't surprising. Look back a couple seasons ago, in S41 they dominated because of Visser, then S42 he went cold and the entire line-up did also. S43 he dominated again and gets them that top spot, now the line-up is cold again just not drastically.

Honestly, the surprise of this season has been in the coaching of Toronto. A change of plans, Nobody controlling things, it all came together. A team that could never get over the hump has a defensive system that stifles shot production and has them as a league leader in puck possession. I'm stunned by how well they're doing.

An old man's dream ended. A young man's vision of the future opened wide. Young men have visions, old men have dreams. But the place for old men to dream is beside the fire.
[Image: DOF5tXM.png]
[Image: tjyuut.jpg] 
Thanks to Jackson, Copenhagen, and Harry Hans!

GOING DOWN IN STYLE. TOAST4LYFE

Who would you say is the surprise team in the standings? (for good or bad)

The surprise team this season has got to be the Buffalo Stampede. Last season they spent a majority of the season challenging for the top of the Eastern Conference and even made it to the 2nd round of the playoffs for the first time in franchise history. All signs pointed to their team being better than last season and would go on to continue challenging for the top of the conference. Somewhere along the way they either got unlucky bounces or forgot how to score but this is a team that is not playing to their potential.

[Image: Zoone16.gif]

[Image: 9QVaMRC.png] [Image: canybyK.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

Right now, Tor Tuck needs to be the selection for top defenseman. He is over a point per game this season and is close to passing his career high in points only halfway through the season. With some big changes this offseason in Edmonton, Tuck has been able to calm any storm with his outstanding play.

[Image: TommySalami.gif]

Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard

EDM All-Time Leader in Goals, Assists and Points

- Ron Mexico Award (League MVP)
- Joe McKeil Award (Best coach)
- Jeff Dar Award (Top 2way forward)
- Damien Littleton Award (Most Dedicated)
- Aiden Richan Award (Breakout Star)

All of the above should belong to Oisin Fletcher the best SHL player that always helps new guys to get their first steps on the ice and is as dedicated as anyone.

[Image: Too9kfy.png]
 Player Page  |  Update Page

My partner on defense, James Johnson, is balling out with 6 goals and a 17.65% shooting percentage, that's good for 3rd best in the league. D1 +/- was pretty poor at the start of the season, and Johnson's scoring has improved our +/-.

Reed Kobo - Winger - #33
Player Page- Update Page
Elijah Jones - Winger - #33 Retired
Player Page - Update Page
Toivo Kosonen - Defenseman - #33 Retired
Player PageUpdate Page
[Image: 2ew9foG.png][Image: rnSNsnU.png]

Aiden Richan Award (Breakout Star)

I think this could go to Brady McIntyre (EDM) who is tied for the lead among all defenseman in scoring. He is only 2 points back of the league lead. Last year he had 23 points total and this season he is already at 31.

[Image: dVy6XWn.jpg]
[Image: 9POiosr.png]
First SHL goal on first SHL shot in first SHL game.

Not even a hot take, but Toronto bottle it and crash out of pole position and don't even make it into the playoffs. After all three things in this life are certain. Death, Taxes and Toronto bottling it big time.

Who would you say is the surprise team in the standings? (for good or bad)

I´d say Edmonton Blizzard has been the biggest surprise, last year in 50 games Blizzard got 50 points, now in 29 games the team is sitting at 40 and on the first place in the standings over in western division, so not only does the playoff spot look pretty nice, but also finishing first in the division is a real possibility.

The terrible play of the Buffalo Stampede has been surprising considering how stacked they are. The play of Luke Atmey has been especially atrocious. Clearly he does not know how to play center.