Create Account

Weekend Funtime: IIHF

1. 1 or 2 destinations that you would like to see the IIHF expand to

The SHL has already covered many traditional hockey markets, and has covered a ton of European ground with their current IIHF countries. I would love to see the SHL take a bold step and consider Japan and Australia. Japan is slowly building a larger contingent of SHL players and is rumoured to be the upcoming host country. They have the people, they have a huge population, this could be the next hockey hot bed of the globe. Likewise Australia is a continent longing for professional sports presence. In everything but Rugby and to a less extent Soccer there's little international organized sports presence. Hockey could find a niche as the sport of Australia. If this were to ever occur I can guarantee people would be flocking to play for the land down under.

2. Between Canada and the United States, Which country do you believe has the brighter future moving forward and why?

Since we're looking at future I need to go with the United States. The USA has had quite the influx of young talent these past three seasons. Names that jump out from S43 like Aleister Cane, Nicky pedersen Jr, Lil'Manius, Max Mauldin, then in S44 Bernard Freeman and Chuck Crutcherfield joined the group and they have another influx of talent in S45. I think USA could be returning to being an IIHF super power very soon. Canada just lacks that high end elite talent to do so.

3. As a fan what match up would you like to see take place in this seasons gold medal game and why?

Well I think some obvious ones jump out.

Ireland vs Uk, the Battle of the British Isles. These two countries share a lot of friend who play together in JR or in the HL so would be a fun finals for both clubs.

Usa vs Czechoslovakia , Both have very outspoken teams. I think the amount of smack talk that would go down between them would be phenomenal.

Germany vs Finland, Another fun one, the new young and upcoming management group of Germany versus the older Finnish one.

Canada vs Usa, With both teams turning it around, would be fun to see the new young cores going at it for gold.

[Image: 7eETdF8.png]
Falcons

As a fan what match up would you like to see take place in this seasons gold medal game and why?

While obviously the hockey is an important part of any gold medal match, what makes a historic one is when there is something more than just two good hockey teams. That's why I'd like to see a matchup of a historic rivalry, like UK versus USA, USA versus Russia, UK versus Ireland, Finland versus Sweden, Czechoslovakia versus Russia.... the list goes on and on. Any of these matchups would take it over the edge, because it feels like it is more than just a hockey game.

[Image: 2v10l6s.png]

Much like what @Blastmeaway said, an Austria vs. Czechoslovakia gold medal game would be very interesting to watch from a fan standpoint. It would be a massive upset if the Czechs could pull out a win, and hopefully boost recruitment for new players to play for the nation.

[Image: leblaVa.gif]
Shoutout to @adamantium for the sig! <3

(This post was last modified: 12-09-2018, 05:26 PM by Bonk.)

If the IIHF is going to expand then the country that needs to be looked at and added is Switzerland. Switzerland has a strong Hockey history and background that deserves to be recognized. Switzerland is fifth in the number of Olympic appearance for Hockey. More than most of the countries represented in the IIHF. They are also the only international team that has won an Olympic medal for Hockey that is not represented in the IIHF (Unless you want to argue the whole Czechoslovakia or Czech Republic thing or something like that). Give the country of Switzerland its due for its contributions to International Hockey.

And if you are expanding two teams I guess I would say add Iceland as know there are probably several users that would like that.

[Image: bonk.gif]
Sigs by @FlappyGiraffe,  @Steelhead77,  @ToeDragon84, @slothfacekilla, @Wasty and other dude I need to find your name

Lil' Manius

Big Manius

While expanding to the IIHF seems like it is a good idea, I think the teams we have now are more than enough options for players to be a part of.

[Image: 55708_s.gif]

First Ever SHL Goal:
Code:
5. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 1 (Piotr Czerkawski 1, Cameron Dubois 2) at 16:27

First Ever Hat Trick:
Code:
S45 Game 46 NEW vs TOR
6. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 1 (Artemi Berezin 3, Tigole Bitties 5) at 5:21
9. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 2 (Artemi Berezin 4) at 18:58
10. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 3 (Tigole Bitties 7, Manuel Gotze 2) at 19:38 (Empty Net)

[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

If Germany and United Kingdom met in the final, I think that would be rather funny although maybe a little bit insensitive. Would be a good game to watch none the less.

[Image: Klaus2.jpg]

I think Switzerland is definitely an odd omission from our IIHF countries, I think they would be decently popular. I think Team World or something could also be a possibility to allow those born in countries not currently affiliated with IIHF to play without having to transfer.

[Image: jjfrankiejj.gif]
Credits to OrbitingDeath, Tweedle, Incite, Wasty, and Slothfacekilla for sigs!

Player Profile | Update Page

I would like to see Canada in the gold metal finals this season against Lativia or Czechoslovakia. This is because I feel Canada would have a great chance to win the gold medal! Canada

[Image: wMFFUe4.gif]

Barracuda S56 1st Overall Barracuda

Gary Grease Career Stats: Click Here
Graphics Shop: Click Here

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  Barracuda Russia Barracuda  [Image: c8B2LE3.png]

I think USA will have a brighter future since they already have an established elite roster and plenty of prospects in the pipeline. A different coach may have a small impact but the players are due for better performances after being so inconsistent despite the talent level in previous tourneys.

Doubt is a dream killer

I can't wait for the IIHF to start, I've been waiting for the day that Austria and Czechoslovakia meet each other in the gold medal game. Here's hoping it happens this season!

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

Do we truly need to expand in the IIHF? There's some rosters that still could use some players. If we do go this route, maybe we can try including a non traditional market. South America? Asian markets like China/Korea/Japan? Traditional markets I can see something like ... Split into Czech Republic and Slovakia? Slovenia?

Switzerland was getting some traction too. France/Spain maybe? Bring back Italy from when e used to do the Olympics back in the day?

[Image: tuxpi-com-1618108119.jpg]

12-09-2018, 03:00 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote: I can't wait for the IIHF to start, I've been waiting for the day that Austria and Czechoslovakia meet each other in the gold medal game. Here's hoping it happens this season!

Sure would be fun.

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

The two nations I'd love to see represented at future IIHF competitions are Kenya and India. Both are huge, untapped markets where the sport of hockey could grow. We've seen the big impact of Sidney Crosby to Team Kenya, so I think their youth are itching to get in some international competition.

[Image: 400x200.jpg]

I think Canada has the brighter future. They're better now and I feel like they will generally have the better play pool to choose from. With teams like Canada and the United States, I think it's largely a matter of not messing things up, though, unlike many other nations.

[Image: Marius_buffalo.png]

08-24-2018, 01:08 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Ah yes, the veteran meme player. A surefire bet for maybe 400 TPE Tongue
05-23-2020, 02:25 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Scoop AINEC
[Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif]

[Image: Poppity.png]
^^^^^ Thank you JSSSSS
[Image: Poopity_Scoop_1.png]
^^^^Credits to Snussu^^^^

[Image: Scoop.png]

I'd like to see Russia vs Ireland again. Ireland seems to constantly win this matchup, and they've faced a ton recently. As a member of Russia, I'd like to finally get a win against this team.

[Image: ili5NZ2.png]

Player Page
Update Page