Create Account

Thoughts on free agents

01-11-2019, 07:39 PMO4L Wrote: bring back the chico salmon free agent lottery

What is that? Sounds wild

01-11-2019, 09:35 PMkit Wrote: i didnt read all of this just the first few pages but no ones talking about MONEY. near the end of a career some people wanna stock up for their recreate, i know i did with my first player and was offered multiple 10+million contracts with muller, something i never wouldve gotten on edmonton

That is silly to me as well, go through all that trouble to build the player and all that, just to coast it for big cash in some smaller team that is more than likely not going to go all the way. (Guessing smaller with offer like that)

01-12-2019, 12:49 AMBoomcheck Wrote: I'm broke jruutu, idgaf.

Going to hire unbanned Gorlab to be my agent this off-season for free agency.

Show me the money.
Go after the cup at least, who cares about money - I thought we all play to win?

01-12-2019, 12:55 AMMike Izzy Wrote: any thread over 100 posts should probably be moved to the thunderdome.

Don´t do it , I need the money. (Ready to be graded)

01-12-2019, 07:39 AMztevans Wrote:
01-12-2019, 12:55 AMMike Izzy Wrote: any thread over 100 posts should probably be moved to the thunderdome.

The one time a media piece actually generates conversation, and you want to kick it out? SHAME, IZZY. SHAME.

[Image: giphy.gif]

This, shame on you Izzy!

01-12-2019, 07:55 AMjRuutu Wrote:
01-12-2019, 12:55 AMMike Izzy Wrote: any thread over 100 posts should probably be moved to the thunderdome.

Don´t do it , I need the money. (Ready to be graded)

01-12-2019, 07:39 AMztevans Wrote: The one time a media piece actually generates conversation, and you want to kick it out? SHAME, IZZY. SHAME.

[Image: giphy.gif]

This, shame on you Izzy!

You guys are right Sad

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

Did someone say trades?

[Image: Wally.png]

The funniest thing about this whole thread is samee representing gms like he was an expert rofl

[Image: iUd7IJE.png]
[Image: rhodes.png]

Back in the day I did a free agency lottery where I ranked every team that sent me a contract offer, then gave them a certain amount of balls in the lottery depending on the rankings.

Did a live broadcast to the GMs and actually signed with the team that won. I believe it was the blizzard who were ranked fairly low on my rankings.

Good times

Former
SHL Head Commissioner S12ish-S27ish
GM Dragons S8 & S9 (Won cups both years)
2x GM Of The Year
5 Time Cup Winner
League MVP

Past Players
[Image: HOF2.png] D - Aidan Richan - [Image: HOF2.png] (S5 11th Overall) Dragons
[Image: HOF2.png] C - Chico Salmon - [Image: HOF2.png] (S17 1st overall)  Renegades

Current Player
D - Chico Smeb (S46)

SMJHL - Drafted 65th Overall by Raptors
SHL - Drafted 23rd Overall by Dragons

01-12-2019, 09:42 AMWally Wrote: Did someone say trades?

Yes, you a expert trader?

01-12-2019, 10:06 AMBarnabasCollins Wrote: The funniest thing about this whole thread is samee representing gms like he was an expert rofl

Shutup Barnabas, at least he was nice enough to give proper answers, unlike some of these trolls.

01-12-2019, 10:18 AMxDParK Wrote: Back in the day I did a free agency lottery where I ranked every team that sent me a contract offer, then gave them a certain amount of balls in the lottery depending on the rankings.

Did a live broadcast to the GMs and actually signed with the team that won. I believe it was the blizzard who were ranked fairly low on my rankings.

Good times

Interesting, what was the best offer you got?

01-12-2019, 10:21 AMjRuutu Wrote:
01-12-2019, 10:18 AMxDParK Wrote: Back in the day I did a free agency lottery where I ranked every team that sent me a contract offer, then gave them a certain amount of balls in the lottery depending on the rankings.

Good times

Interesting, what was the best offer you got?

Actually I only accepted league minimum from everyone. I was crazy rich at the time.

I believe WPG was the only team that didn’t submit an offer Tongue @Leafs4ever

Former
SHL Head Commissioner S12ish-S27ish
GM Dragons S8 & S9 (Won cups both years)
2x GM Of The Year
5 Time Cup Winner
League MVP

Past Players
[Image: HOF2.png] D - Aidan Richan - [Image: HOF2.png] (S5 11th Overall) Dragons
[Image: HOF2.png] C - Chico Salmon - [Image: HOF2.png] (S17 1st overall)  Renegades

Current Player
D - Chico Smeb (S46)

SMJHL - Drafted 65th Overall by Raptors
SHL - Drafted 23rd Overall by Dragons

01-12-2019, 10:23 AMxDParK Wrote:
01-12-2019, 10:21 AMjRuutu Wrote: Interesting, what was the best offer you got?

Actually I only accepted league minimum from everyone. I was crazy rich at the time.

I believe WPG was the only team that didn’t submit an offer Tongue @Leafs4ever

Aaah I see Tongue Fair chance for all to sign you, never too much content like that in SHL!

01-12-2019, 07:54 AMjRuutu Wrote:
01-11-2019, 07:39 PMO4L Wrote: bring back the chico salmon free agent lottery

What is that? Sounds wild

01-11-2019, 09:35 PMkit Wrote: i didnt read all of this just the first few pages but no ones talking about MONEY. near the end of a career some people wanna stock up for their recreate, i know i did with my first player and was offered multiple 10+million contracts with muller, something i never wouldve gotten on edmonton

That is silly to me as well, go through all that trouble to build the player and all that, just to coast it for big cash in some smaller team that is more than likely not going to go all the way. (Guessing smaller with offer like that)

01-12-2019, 12:49 AMBoomcheck Wrote: I'm broke jruutu, idgaf.

Going to hire unbanned Gorlab to be my agent this off-season for free agency.

Show me the money.
Go after the cup at least, who cares about money - I thought we all play to win?
I mean if you’ve already had some successful seasons and just need some money it’s totally reasonable

[Image: 34964_s.gif]
[Image: thd650h.png]
Affiliate of:
syndicate Steelhawks Whalers

Good times
It won u a cup too

[Image: 34964_s.gif]
[Image: thd650h.png]
Affiliate of:
syndicate Steelhawks Whalers

I'm technically a free agent if people need me for ninja business. Just in ninja business though.

[Image: d8gycCg.png]
Scarecrows Dragons Czechia
Player Page - Update Page
Outlungus
Former Players: Yoshimitsu McCloud (LW, #64) - Outlaws pride Platoon Jets Aurora Ireland
Won a Four Star Cup once, knew ninjutsu, picture editors hated him, never tried free agency
Anton Harrier (LW, #90) - Battleborn Rage Ireland
Won WJC gold, liked skateboarding a lot, went to the finals with Manhattan, kept his seat glued in LR

01-12-2019, 10:20 AMjRuutu Wrote:
01-12-2019, 09:42 AMWally Wrote: Did someone say trades?

Yes, you a expert trader?

01-12-2019, 10:06 AMBarnabasCollins Wrote: The funniest thing about this whole thread is samee representing gms like he was an expert rofl

Shutup Barnabas, at least he was nice enough to give proper answers, unlike some of these trolls.

I traded often. I traded for nothing even. I traded my soul. I’m a devout trader.

Serious note, I liked the original article. Numerous times as a GM in any league I have had players wanting to test FA. I typically traded them a good amount of the time... then told “I wasn’t going to leave.”

My take was always what was best for the team... and up until the stupidity of the S37 offseason I endured, Portland was on a good path with back to back Finals appearances. Don’t fuck with salaries is my only suggestion... oh or trade for Crutchfields rights @ligma <3

[Image: Wally.png]

well none of em seem to be saying anything, might as well talk about how it worked from my experience?