Create Account

WFT's: Make the Case (S46)

Against

After 7 seasons straight of missing the playoffs, the Manhattan Rage move into the S46 post season as 1 of the favorites to win a title.

The Manhattan  Rage have had amazing season finishing with a record 29-18-3. But to put the pressure on them to win the cup might be a bit too much for a team that has not been in the playoffs in over 7 seasons. The SHL regular season means nothing once playoffs come around and this is where the Manhattan  Rage will need to prove to everyone they are the real deal to the rest of the league.

[Image: Jammin.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: zS2lCMp.png] [Image: ixmZA3M.png] [Image: pxjucze.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png] [Image: IhVx0wj.png]

Thank you @High Stick King @OrbitingDeath @Ragnar @Tesla @MattyIce for the player signatures! 
(This post was last modified: 03-22-2019, 01:40 PM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

03-22-2019, 12:11 PMkarlssens Wrote: - Minnesota Chiefs Terrance Nova, Bobby Watson and Dick Skillstedt were the greatest line is SHL history

For.

I was going to argue the Theo Kane, Pedro Sarantez, Ivan Koroviev line back in S33 for the Blizzard was better, but they finished with 72, 69 and 56 points respectively for 1st, 2nd and 10th in league scoring and only barely managed to squeeze Edmonton in to a playoff spot. What the Chief boys did in S46 far exceeds that as they [almost] all passed Theo Kane's 72 points and locked up the top spot in a difficult western conference.

@karlssens -> What about those Jason Visser, Corey Bearrs,  Pietra Volkova lines in the late 30's?

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

For

Kelowna Knights Nickolas Klaus, Nolan Sawchuk and Bobby Sharp make up the best line in the SMJHL

The Kelowna  Knights finished the SMJHL regular season with 69 points and top of the league. A big reason was due to the amazing line of Nickolas Klaus, Nolan Sawchuk and Bobby Sharp. All three of these players finished 8, 17 and 20 in league scoring. Kelowna hopes they can continue their magic and chemistry not that the playoffs are about to begin.

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] [Image: ixmZA3M.png] [Image: pxjucze.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png] [Image: IhVx0wj.png]

Thank you @High Stick King @OrbitingDeath @Ragnar @Tesla @MattyIce for the player signatures! 

For

The Better Conference is now.. the Eastern Conferance

The SHL Eastern conference for S46 was as intense and competitive as a regular season could be. Four teams finishing with 60+ points with only 4 points seperating 4th from 1st. If the Tampa Bay  Barracuda was in the Western conference they would have been tied for 2nd in the conference. This is why the deeper and better conference for now is the East, but if the West captures the cup than all of this will go out the window.

03-22-2019, 01:27 PMJames Truong Wrote: Against

1st year franchise, the New Orleans Specters are the team to beat in the Western Division playoffs

I am against this post because there is one other team who finished above them and that is the Minnesota  Chiefs Although they only finished with 1 more point than them in the standings. Their road record was 16-9 and securing victories in the playoffs as the visiting team can mean the difference between moving onto the next stage or watching the games from home sweet home. This is why i am against the New Orleans  Specters as the favourite in the West, don't get me wrong though they are an amazing team but can they replicate what the Vegas Golden Knights did in the NHL? Time will tell.

BS

You are very right to point out that Minnesota finished ahead of New Orleans and even smarter to point to the home ice advantage in the playoffs.  But I think you have to take into account the fact that Minnesota's top players played heavy minutes all season long.  Are they going to have enough energy for an extended playoff run?  Are their legs going to actually fall off?  I feel like it would be tough to play hockey without legs, although some of those sledge hockey players are pretty legit.  I am just not sure Minnesota's top players have enough time to learn how to use the sleds.

[Image: 66818_s.gif]
[Image: lqfXIpe.jpeg]

West Kendall Platoon missing the playoffs marks the end of a great run of prosperity.

FOR:
I think this statement stands to be accurate. While still a good team, their star players are all getting up there in age. Usually when that happens and a team misses the playoffs, the GMs look at their roster and decide it's time to rebuild. I think that time has come for the Platoon.

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
10-3-2
Regular Season - [G 0] [A 1] [Pts 1] [+/- +3] [PIM 4] [Hits 9] [SB 54]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

03-22-2019, 01:38 PMslothfacekilla Wrote:
03-22-2019, 01:31 PMJames Truong Wrote: BS

This is the 1st year since S40 that Halifax isn't in the bottom 2 of the standings, The franchise has officially turned the corner.

Officially turning a corner is a very vague statement regarding the Halifax  raiders because although they did not finish in the bottom two of the standings this season,  they finished 7th. That is not that big of an improvement and hard to say that this is officially turning a corner for that franchise. They will need to have a strong playoff performance before news reporters start writing that the Halifax  raiders will be a force to be reckon with for years to come.

BS

I think this comes down to how you define turn the corner.  I wouldn't say we are a "force" but we have definitely turned the corner from being the shoo in for the basement.  I understand we only came in 7th this season, but in our defense we threw the last game by playing our backup goalie, forcing us into the play in round.  We definitely did that on purpose so that our players can accumulate more playoff stats and also so we can break another team's heart in the first round... ya that was definitely on purpose.  I feel like I'm calling BS on my own BS in the end here, shit.  Just Halifax things...

For

You guys had a great season don't get me wrong you guys have plenty of upside and i'm sure you will be competing for the SMJHL cup in the not so near future. The SMJHL is a tough league and all 10 teams are always looking to bolster their lineup and to perform to the best of their ability.

03-22-2019, 01:48 PMslothfacekilla Wrote:
03-22-2019, 01:27 PMJames Truong Wrote: Against

1st year franchise, the New Orleans Specters are the team to beat in the Western Division playoffs

I am against this post because there is one other team who finished above them and that is the Minnesota  Chiefs Although they only finished with 1 more point than them in the standings. Their road record was 16-9 and securing victories in the playoffs as the visiting team can mean the difference between moving onto the next stage or watching the games from home sweet home. This is why i am against the New Orleans  Specters as the favourite in the West, don't get me wrong though they are an amazing team but can they replicate what the Vegas Golden Knights did in the NHL? Time will tell.

BS

You are very right to point out that Minnesota finished ahead of New Orleans and even smarter to point to the home ice advantage in the playoffs.  But I think you have to take into account the fact that Minnesota's top players played heavy minutes all season long.  Are they going to have enough energy for an extended playoff run?  Are their legs going to actually fall off?  I feel like it would be tough to play hockey without legs, although some of those sledge hockey players are pretty legit.  I am just not sure Minnesota's top players have enough time to learn how to use the sleds.

BS

All teams will be going tired into the playoffs a bit fatigued, but that is the beast that is the playoffs. Playoffs are the time to dig down deep and to show the world what your team is truly made of, unsung heroes to step into the spotlight and make a name for themselves. Minnesota's top players did log heavy minutes and will have to come playoff time, but this is also the opportunity for other players to shine bright and be clutch when it matters most. This goes for every team in the playoffs, not just Minnesota.

03-22-2019, 01:57 PMJames Truong Wrote:
03-22-2019, 01:48 PMslothfacekilla Wrote: BS

BS

All teams will be going tired into the playoffs a bit fatigued, but that is the beast that is the playoffs. Playoffs are the time to dig down deep and to show the world what your team is truly made of, unsung heroes to step into the spotlight and make a name for themselves. Minnesota's top players did log heavy minutes and will have to come playoff time, but this is also the opportunity for other players to shine bright and be clutch when it matters most. This goes for every team in the playoffs, not just Minnesota.

FOR

I realized my two BS'es were both to you so I felt like I needed to be more supportive because you make great points.  Plus if the Minnesota players are able to get metal legs (risky operation, but it'll be worth it) they won't have to worry about the sleds.

I was also just informed we only get 1 TPE all together here so my will to argue has been drained.

03-22-2019, 01:05 PMc00kies Wrote: - The Buffalo Stampede will go from last place in the East in S45 to Challenge Cup champions in S46

Against. There are still more talented teams out there, and to guarantee a Cup win from any of them is still too gutsy. The East is a very strong conference right now too, so even just making the playoffs was an accomplishment in itself. Not saying it isn't possible, but I would call it far from a guarantee.
I’m gonna call BS here. There isn’t a team more talented than the Stampede right now. We won the toughest division. We are the league leaders in points, ROW, goal differential. We dominate possession.

Cups are never guaranteed, but the Stampede is THE team to beat.

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]
[Image: KPt6Yuu.png]

This is the 1st year since S40 that Halifax isnt in the bottom 2 of the standings, The franchise has officialy turned the corner.

Against

This might have been a good take if they had continued their early season ways but their 11 game losing streak shot them back down the rankings and they closed out the season being forced to fight in the first round by completing the slip from 1st to 7th. If they had really changed their ways I don't think they would have fallen so far. A good playoff performance would prove that wrong but I think Colorado might pull out the first round upset. Overall I think they are on an upward trend but not enough to say they have turned the corner. Right now this season is something akin to the Detroit Lions, Start hot and fill the fans with hope. Then the crushing reality of who you are rooting for sets in as they slide down the standings.

Scoring in the juniors is way down this year due to all the top level talent leaving to the SHL this season

Against

I think that the decrease in scoring is not due to the talent called up. With the sophomore year of the gigantic S46 Draft Class, we have an much higher number of capped players across the board. With better goalies and defenders, point production is bound to shrink. This coupled with multiple teams sporting at least 1 full line of capped players makes less of a talent gap across the league.

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
[Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  [Image: PlcJv9V.png]
(This post was last modified: 03-22-2019, 02:37 PM by LarksTongue. Edit Reason: Flow )

"Scoring in the juniors is way down this year due to all the top level talent leaving to the SHL this season"

Against

Although many star players have left like Montreal's very own Willy Mack. I believe scoring is down because there are a lot of capped players and goalies on every team making the league much more defensive. This might be due to the large reddit draft that I was a part of. On top of that the established meta from experienced users is not known to all new users leading to some wild builds from new users. Further too this, the large reddit class would have made the bottom end of TPE much lower for all teams leading to a more Top 6 vs Bottom 6 league last year. This year it is more top 9 hockey with many reddit S46 rookies who stayed around hitting peak. Lastly, recency bias might take a part as Nickolas Klaus had a legendary season last year.

[Image: shepard.png][Image: giphy.gif][Image: TFOzBaZ.gif]

Thanks to @FlappyGiraffe and @ToeDragon84 for the making these sick sigs!

Quote:                            First Goal (3rd Game): Commander Shepard 1 (Nick Brain 1, Noah Gallagher 2) at 8:48

(This post was last modified: 03-22-2019, 02:51 PM by slothfacekilla.)

03-22-2019, 02:32 PMSpartanGibbles Wrote: This is the 1st year since S40 that Halifax isnt in the bottom 2 of the standings, The franchise has officialy turned the corner.

Against

This might have been a good take if they had continued their early season ways but their 11 game losing streak shot them back down the rankings and they closed out the season being forced to fight in the first round by completing the slip from 1st to 7th. If they had really changed their ways I don't think they would have fallen so far. A good playoff performance would prove that wrong but I think Colorado might pull out the first round upset. Overall I think they are on an upward trend but not enough to say they have turned the corner. Right now this season is something akin to the Detroit Lions, Start hot and fill the fans with hope. Then the crushing reality of who you are rooting for sets in as they slide down the standings.

BS

As a Raider and a Lions fan I feel personally attacked

"Kelowna Knights Nickolas Klaus, Nolan Sawchuk and Bobby Sharp make up the best line in the SMJHL"

Against

On the surface they truly do like the best line in SMJHL. However that line only contributed 49 goals. The top line of the Whalers is the best line in hockey. They collectively had 58 goals! Albeit with a rookie. On top of that the Knights were in my opinion carried by defensemen Guy Zheng who isn't getting credit for his ridiculous SMJHL career so far. The guy dishes assists like he was born to do it. Zheng had 42 Points leading the Knights where as the Whalers most productive defensemen was Jax Duggen with only 22 points. To me it looks like the Whalers first line carries the offensive load more than the Knights. 

Whaler top Line G/Team GF = 58/130 = 45% of goals......
Knights top line G/Team GF = 49/153 = 32% of goals......

[Image: shepard.png][Image: giphy.gif][Image: TFOzBaZ.gif]

Thanks to @FlappyGiraffe and @ToeDragon84 for the making these sick sigs!

Quote:                            First Goal (3rd Game): Commander Shepard 1 (Nick Brain 1, Noah Gallagher 2) at 8:48

@Mike Izzy this is a really good wft btw good job babe

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]