Create Account

WFT's: Make the Case (S46)

- The Buffalo Stampede will go from last place in the East in S45 to Challenge Cup champions in S46

For, and it is a very impressive stat.

In a year of expansion where teams lost 2 players plus a free agency that saw a stockpile of teams jump ship, Buffalo mamaged to not onlu hold its core but prosper. They fell hard last year but rose mightily this year in an even tougher environment!

[Image: TROYMCCLURE.gif]
Colorado Raptors Capitan S42-Until Forever!
Czechia Wants you! Ask about a transfer!!

03-23-2019, 02:21 PMbluesfan55 Wrote: Agreed.
I thought I missed out a line like Kane, Sarantez, and Koroviev, and I’d argue that that Visser-Bears (who I drew with in my only SHL fight)-Volkova is a top-3 of all time line as well. Also, thanks for pointing out that that line, in fact, did not exist. Those Winnipeg teams were so talented that I forgot who played on what line.

If it makes you feel better, I definitely thought the Visser-Bearss-Volkova line was a thing for like six seasons before I looked back for this PT and saw it was really only a two, *maybe* three season deal.

Zach Evans[/b] | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

This is the 1st year since S40 that Halifax isnt in the bottom 2 of the standings, The franchise has officialy turned the corner.

I will say i'm "for" this one. As a guy who has stayed close to the Halifax locker room, the place had been an environment of constant overhaul and chaos. Lately I have felt the same camaraderie and stability I felt in my Halifax championship years. This team is ready to contend

The cudas are strong and they're going to the finals (where they will gracefully fall to the panthers) , so of course they are going to move pass Hamilton.

Reed Kobo - Winger - #33
Player Page- Update Page
Elijah Jones - Winger - #33 Retired
Player Page - Update Page
Toivo Kosonen - Defenseman - #33 Retired
Player PageUpdate Page
[Image: 2ew9foG.png][Image: rnSNsnU.png]
(This post was last modified: 03-24-2019, 03:38 AM by Boomcheck.)

03-22-2019, 04:56 PMsarmo Wrote:
03-22-2019, 03:45 PMAndybj Wrote: - Minnesota Chiefs Terrance Nova, Bobby Watson and Dick Skillstedt were the greatest line is SHL history

For: Originally I was going to say that I Was against this as I feel that LPF was a Minny all time great and should be on that line and that any line would include him. He had also played with Nova so I thought maybe one of those lines would be it that the two of them were on together. However after looking at those stats, holy cow. That line will be tough to match for sure and congratulations to them and @sarmo specifically back to my old Minny days on his excellent season

Thanks Andy

For and I'm a little disappointed by the hate the line is getting but I guess you're not doing it right unless you got haters :shrugs: For all the people saying how can one line carry a team, see Crosby Malkin kessel or gaudreau Monahan lindholm. Two players above 1600 tpe and one above 1300 tpe. Those are alistar calibre players being played MVP minutes and delivering.  You can try replicating that line with your own stars  but I doubt anyone will get the same results or it would have been tried already.  I didn't really see anyone counter the line other than the line itself going cold for a stretch and this isn't the first time we've seen the line get hot like this.  Last time it was in season 44 with nova and wozy in the playoffs, putting up 27 points in 14 games each with Watson picking up 14 points and 10 goals.. leading a very depleted chiefs squad who were supposed to be rebuilding to a full 7 game series against the Platoon in the ECF. This line literally put the Chiefs into serious contention with minimum help and also carried the defense for half the season until they got some help before the trade deadline.  Without them the Chiefs wouldn't even be a bubble team instead they're the top seed and score a bye week. Truly an SHL MVP line with great chemistry.

That line carried your defense, huh? How about this.

They were LITERALLY your defense. You even had Watson on the PK defense. Not quite sure I have seen those top line teams literally playing defense. Just admit it, the Chiefs just shoved the highest TPE player they could out there regardless of position. You didn't trust your defense. It's not even a matter of a 'depleted defense'. You literally didn't even let a single one onto the top PP either. How these guys going to perform when they not even put in the position to succeed?

Chiefs are 0-2 vs. me and Tampa this season.

Your glorious line combined for a -9, each player being -3. TOGETHER they combined for 1 goal, only 1. I produced 15 shots on them and scored 3 goals, coming out with a +3. First star and second star in those games. In one of those games they were LITERALLY ON THE ICE FOR OVER 28 MINUTES EACH, HALF THE DAMN GAME AND I STILL SMACKED THEM SILLY. Y'all legit got trashed by me.

If you earnestly think this the top line in SHL history, cool. I can say I man handled the greatest line ever assembled.

Other teams lines that end up being top 10 in minutes played
Chiefs (S45)
Chiefs (S32)

I went back like 20 season (S27 Index and before busted so I can't check lines), but congratulations. All three times when a forward line logs top 10 in minutes played leaguewide ARE THE CHIEFS! W T F. Most of the times when teams got a bunch of forwards up in the top 10 it involved a second center, the Chiefs are the only franchise from S28-S46 to play their top line top 10 in mins.

[Image: tuxpi-com-1618108119.jpg]

- After 7 seasons straight of missing the playoffs, the Manhattan Rage move into the S46 post season as 1 of the favorites to win a title.
Alright so Hamilton beat Tampa 3 times, and also beat Buffalo 4 times. Manhattan beat Toronto 3 times, so if both teams repeat what they did in reg season they should meet in the conf. finals.
In the west, EDM won 5 times over CAL, they'd face Minnesota who had 5 wins on the Blizzard. New Orleans won 4 games against LAP, so Minnesota would face them in the conf. finals.

Manhattan won 3 times over Hamilton, and should go to the finals, and New Orleans beat Minnesota 4 times so they should meet in the finals right.

Manhattan won their two games against NO, and outscored them 11 to 3 so clearly Manhattan has the cup lined up.

[Image: 4sN9yMR.png]

03-23-2019, 10:09 PMTroy_McClure03 Wrote: - The Buffalo Stampede will go from last place in the East in S45 to Challenge Cup champions in S46

For, and it is a very impressive stat.

In a year of expansion where teams lost 2 players plus a free agency that saw a stockpile of teams jump ship, Buffalo mamaged to not onlu hold its core but prosper. They fell hard last year but rose mightily this year in an even tougher environment!

Agreed!

For!

Buffalo had some awful sim luck last season. They are one of the top TPE teams, and have a fabulous coach/gm that sets lines. Truly believe it was just awful sim luck, and this season reward them for their hard times last season with a cup. And I'm not biased at all as I have no ties to this franchise whatsoever.

Former
SHL Head Commissioner S12ish-S27ish
GM Dragons S8 & S9 (Won cups both years)
2x GM Of The Year
5 Time Cup Winner
League MVP

Past Players
[Image: HOF2.png] D - Aidan Richan - [Image: HOF2.png] (S5 11th Overall) Dragons
[Image: HOF2.png] C - Chico Salmon - [Image: HOF2.png] (S17 1st overall)  Renegades

Current Player
D - Chico Smeb (S46)

SMJHL - Drafted 65th Overall by Raptors
SHL - Drafted 23rd Overall by Dragons

- The Buffalo Stampede will go from last place in the East in S45 to Challenge Cup champions in S46

The Buffalo Stampede had 2 fluke seasons with the 2nd best roster TPE based and skill based and end up without any playoff experience. this season with the new division and conference changes the Buffalo Stampede won the president trophy. Now also the Cup? we will see!

Chris McZehrl III - Anchorage Armada
[Image: McZehrlIII.jpg?ex=667c5d3b&is=667b0bbb&h...3f94d487d&]

Challenge Cup Wins:
S18 - Riot Seattle Riot (with Chris McZehrl)*
S23 - Wolfpack New England Wolfpack (with Chris McZehrl)*
S27 - Dragons Calgary Dragons (with VLAD McZehrl)**
S34 - Rage Manhattan Rage (with VLAD McZehrl)
S37 - Jets Winnipeg Jets (with VLAD McZehrl)
S46 - Stampede Buffalo Stampede (with GOD McZehrl)*

*first ever Challenge Cup of Franchise History
**first ever Challenge Cup win after 0-3 in Finals Series

Four Star Cup Wins:
S24 - Whalers Vancouver Whalers (with VLAD McZehrl)
S39 - Scarecrows St. Louis Scarecrows (with GOD McZehrl)

SHL Hall of Fame Members:
S24 - Chris McZehrl Platoon Panthers Dragons Riot Wolfpack *
(GP: 764 | G: 322 | A: 461 | P: 783 | +/-: +109)
S40 - VLAD McZehrl Dragons Riot Rage Stampede Jets Wolfpack *
(GP: 653 | G: 333 | A: 361 | P: 694 | +/-: +141)

*1st Ballot Hall of Famer

small note: GOD McZehrl played at first as Defender and later as Forward!

Code:
- Calgary capturing a playoff spot on the final day over Texas is a complete shock.

Against.

I do not think that this is a shock at all. I think that plenty of times over the seasons, Calgary has made a big push at the end of the season and made it in. I saw it a few times with Michael Boychuk especially. People count out Calgary sometimes, but that is not a good idea!

[Image: 9d3oxij.png]// [Image: 8xyKeyf.png] [Image: SHLEmoteDragons.png]
[Image: RNCgTPl.png]
[Image: aS7ARv6.png]
[Image: RIXCbNI.png]
[Image: aS7ARv6.png]

Calgary capturing a playoff spot on the final day over Texas is a complete shock.

Against

Again I will argue that this is no shocker, it is simply a strategicall move from the Dragons. By clinching on the last day they get to face the best teams innthe playoffs and Calgay has the mindset of beat the best to be the best.

[Image: knute.jpg]

Code:
Minnesota Chiefs Terrance Nova, Bobby Watson and Dick Skillstedt were the greatest line is SHL history

DISAGREE
I think the misnomer for point accumulation makes it look statistically plausible that this line be the best in history, and I agree from that perspective, yes they have been the most effective at scoring, however, Terrance Nova has had a recent history of generating points and making his teammates better (think last seasons playoffs record point pace).

I don't think it's the line being dominant. I think it's @sarmo

Code:
- Minnesota Chiefs Terrance Nova, Bobby Watson and Dick Skillstedt were the greatest line is SHL history

Against: I'd agree with them being the greatest line in the current Era but they are not the greatest line in SHL history in my opnion. That title still belongs to WKP's S9 line of: Daniel Malenfant,Danielle Hogan and Frankie Gooseneck. That line scored a combined 234 points compared to the 220 from the Minny line. That line had a combined + of 100 compared to Minny's 81. That line carried WKP to a 37-12-1 record while the Minny line only managed to get to 28-19-3. The WKP line had a combined 17 game winners and 4 game tying goals compared to Minny's 12 game winners and 5 game tying goals.

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)

- West Kendall Platoon missing the playoffs marks the end of a great run of prosperity.

I think this is incorrect, simply by the fact that the team is regressing yes but has enough pieces growing that they will be back into the playoffs come next season due to STHS being cruelly random AGAINST us this season. The team still has some great core pieces and will be back next year. As a cup favourite? Probably not, but a consistent playoff participant for sure.

[Image: 4zfXx6o.gif]
[Image: 9sKIbXE.png]

Code:
This is the 1st year since S40 that Halifax isnt in the bottom 2 of the standings, The franchise has officialy turned the corner.

BS! Reaching 7th place with a very hyped up team with - let's be honest - a very strong set of S46 rookies is not something to be proud of. We have heard very strong words out of Halifax before the season, but this result should show, that this franchise has some kind of curse lingering over it. The Raiders will probably never turn the corner.

[Image: outlaws2.png]  [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]  Mathias Seger #15 | Player page | Update page [Image: outlaws2.png] [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]
[Image: Segi.gif] 
Sigs by Donini, RainDelay, Fever and OrbitingDeath

03-24-2019, 07:41 AMkarey Wrote:
Code:
Minnesota Chiefs Terrance Nova, Bobby Watson and Dick Skillstedt were the greatest line is SHL history

DISAGREE
I think the misnomer for point accumulation makes it look statistically plausible that this line be the best in history, and I agree from that perspective, yes they have been the most effective at scoring, however, Terrance Nova has had a recent history of generating points and making his teammates better (think last seasons playoffs record point pace).

I don't think it's the line being dominant. I think it's @sarmo

A bit of a non-sequitur, but it's actually pretty wild to think about, in general, the level of talent in the league over the past ~10 seasons. Nova has been such a great player and has just a couple of All-Star teams to show for it. Chris York was unquestionably a top-five player in the league for four straight seasons and didn't win an MVP. We could go on and on.

Zach Evans[/b] | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page