Create Account

S46 - SMJHL Playoff Index

03-27-2019, 05:49 PMgrok Wrote:
03-27-2019, 05:12 PMluketd Wrote: Bro, you and I both know DET/VAN had a 50/50 chance in winning the series, let’s not act like DET outplayed VAN. And trust me the PK was not 95% in your tests, in all of my tests VAN pp was hovering at at 16-20% rate, and our PK was at 82% ish. 

In this 5 game varience both of our PP was shit and both of our PK outperformed eachother.

We did both have a 50/50 chance when we talked on Sunday. And we split the first two games 50/50 on Monday. But then DET spent hours testing special teams on Monday night. And sure we didn't get to 95%, but we did tick our needle from 80-82 to 84-86. And sure we didn't get to a huge blowout, but we did turn that 50/50 into a consistent 60/40.

I wouldn't really give a shit about anyone complaining about variance if the attitude was "we got unlucky but you earned the win," but I'm gonna stick up for my first-gen guys and for our coaching decisions when your recreate guys come in and take a rude, dismissive attitude. We put fucking work into this and I'm not gonna take a dismissal and a hand wave sitting down.

Why'd you say it was 95% if you're gonna then proceed to say it wasn't 95%

[Image: LB6bY06.gif] [Image: tanner.png]

03-31-2019, 02:25 PMKeygan Wrote:
03-27-2019, 05:49 PMgrok Wrote: We did both have a 50/50 chance when we talked on Sunday. And we split the first two games 50/50 on Monday. But then DET spent hours testing special teams on Monday night. And sure we didn't get to 95%, but we did tick our needle from 80-82 to 84-86. And sure we didn't get to a huge blowout, but we did turn that 50/50 into a consistent 60/40.

I wouldn't really give a shit about anyone complaining about variance if the attitude was "we got unlucky but you earned the win," but I'm gonna stick up for my first-gen guys and for our coaching decisions when your recreate guys come in and take a rude, dismissive attitude. We put fucking work into this and I'm not gonna take a dismissal and a hand wave sitting down.

95% was better than we were expecting, but our late test sims still averaged 4-6% higher PK than our initial sims.

Either way we got thumped by the 1 seed

03-27-2019, 05:49 PMgrok Wrote: We did both have a 50/50 chance when we talked on Sunday. And we split the first two games 50/50 on Monday. But then DET spent hours testing special teams on Monday night. And sure we didn't get to 95%, but we did tick our needle from 80-82 to 84-86. And sure we didn't get to a huge blowout, but we did turn that 50/50 into a consistent 60/40.

It was 95% in the actual series

[Image: selm.gif]
[Image: sig.gif]

I too like restarting arguments that are a week old

PatriotesUsaWhalers

[Image: CampinKiller.gif]

Game 2 = live

PatriotesUsaWhalers

Knights Knights

[Image: Zoone16.gif]

[Image: 9QVaMRC.png] [Image: canybyK.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

Armada

[Image: g7VtVXX.png?1]

[Image: Z8YSDad.gif]

[Image: crutchfield.gif]

Two more wins for the finals!

Knights Knights

[Image: Katth.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]
Barracuda Germany Scarecrows Knights

[Image: cgv4vCv.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png] [Image: GATPRRX.png]
S50 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7
[Image: gNFVjT6.png]

Game 3 is over

PatriotesUsaWhalers

Scarecrows

[Image: scrufdaddy2.gif]
credit to Flappy, ToeDragon, and Carpy

Patriotes Stars Panthers Platoon Specters Platoon Panthers Specters Aurora Jets Usa Scarecrows

[Image: Tqabyfh.png][Image: UDyqktK.png][Image: 1DL5JDX.png]

Game 4 is live

PatriotesUsaWhalers

KnightsKnightsKnights

[Image: Zoone16.gif]

[Image: 9QVaMRC.png] [Image: canybyK.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

I like.

[Image: Katth.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]
Barracuda Germany Scarecrows Knights

[Image: cgv4vCv.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png] [Image: GATPRRX.png]