Create Account

WFT's: Make the Case (S47)

The SMJHL has it right with the 350 TPE cap:

Against: I think having a higher cap would aid in activity and see a drop rate in players becoming inactive. A lot of dedicated members will have maxed out early on, so they get to a point where they don't get to improve their player anymore and have a wasted effort. It's not just a select few that get there either, so I think it's safe to increase it anywhere from 400 to 450. This increase will keep the updating a bit longer, while still not being too far ahead of the first year players (though there should be some struggle for the noobs, but we don't want to exclude discourage them either) while keeping them more engaged with their players before they are able to make the jump to the SHL.

Code:
Code:
The SMJHL has it right with the 350 TPE cap.

Against: Most active players can hit the 350 cap after their first season in junior/early in their second season. Although this rewards activity early on, most players have to spend several seasons in junior before being called up, banking tpe, which can lead to boredom/inactivity. I believe even a slight increase (30 tpe per yearish) in the cap for 3rd/4th year junior players would help to keep players from becoming inactive/reward players for activity.

[Image: N6rDTb0.png]
                                                   [Image: NVUyuKG.png]

SPENCER MACLEAN///C///ANCHORAGE ARMADA///350TPE
                                                                   Player Update Page      Player Page

The St. Louis Scarecrows have officialy moved passed the Kelowna Knights as the best SMJHL team of the S40's.

For. The Scarecrows have consistently been a top team and have shown that they can compete season after season. Even in a season with no cup win they've still built a respectable team. This will not even be a question when the Scarecrows win their fourth straight cup.

Update PageWhalers | Wolfpack | Player Page

Jack Durden:

Season 24 - *4 Star Cup Champions - Vancouver Whalers*
Season 36 - *Challenge Cup Champions - Texas Renegades*
Season 36 - *Anton Razov Trophy Winner - Playoff MVP - Texas Renegades*
Season 41 - *IIHF Gold Medalist - Team United Kingdom*
Season 41 - *Triple Gold Member*
**Vancouver Whalers Hall of Fame**
**Texas Renegades Hall of Fame**
**Hall of Fame Member**

Code:
The Best juniors player in the world... Espen Knutsen Jr. of Detroit.

AGAINST

Now.. this isn't because I don't think that Espen (@Randominoe ) isn't an amazing player, cause they are, and hit lots of really good metrix's for being considered the best. They're Norwegian, they play center, they score points. My issue is that a center needs to center, and by that I mean win the puck at the face off. And I am concerned that Espen is not in the top ten for face offs where other high scoring centers are. (including the joint points leader).

Great season so far Espen. But let's work on that FO% before I am ready to crown you at this stage of the season.

[Image: tomasnz.gif]

Player Page

The St. Louis Scarecrows have officialy moved passed the Kelowna Knights as the best SMJHL team of the S40's.

For. Unless it comes out that Joe and Ryan forgot to play their players for three straight seasons , I can't foresee anybody arguing against it. Like Joe or hate him, he built a consistent winner in the SMJHL and the Kelowna weebs will forever be second place.

against.

its been said over and over again, the cap being so low isnt very good for the activity of new users. having the cap closer to the total a player would need to be called up just makes sense. this would create some variety in line tpe totals which in turn would make players want to work harder to see themselves develop and gain that ice time. in reality THATS what would prepare users for the SHL because it is a grind the entire time, without seeing much output because of the low cap user arent going to have as much input.

05-05-2019, 01:32 PMTomasnz Wrote: Code:

AGAINST

Now.. this isn't because I don't think that Espen (@Randominoe ) isn't an amazing player, cause they are, and hit lots of really good metrix's for being considered the best. They're Norwegian, they play center, they score points. My issue is that a center needs to center, and by that I mean win the puck at the face off. And I am concerned that Espen is not in the top ten for face offs where other high scoring centers are. (including the joint points leader).

Great season so far Espen. But let's work on that FO% before I am ready to crown you at this stage of the season.

Gonna reply to this one pointing out how Detroit is utilizing me as a winger on Kyllonen’s line this season so considering my production as a center is unfair in this instance.

Quote:By S49 the Chicago Syndicate will climb past New Orleans as the better expansion franchise.

For: Chicago has put together a very solid young core and in two years they should be very close to cup contender mode ideally. NO has done well to position themselves as a strong expansion team but it isn't a stretch to see that with the right lines, Chicago could surpass New Orleans as the better expansion franchise. In addition, Chicago has many Smebs and New Orleans has none which immediately puts the Spectres at a disadvantage.

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers
(This post was last modified: 05-05-2019, 04:07 PM by Fluw.)

Code:
Currently boasting a .571 winning pct.. The San Fransisco Pride will not make the playoffs.

Against

Pride will definitely make the playoffs especially since me, their backup, won them 4/5 games I played in before getting thrown out for abuse in the 6th game. Pride is life.

[Image: 57771_s.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png][Image: CXrxOKM.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png][Image: zyyvIFD.png]

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

05-05-2019, 02:22 PMRandominoe Wrote:
05-05-2019, 01:32 PMTomasnz Wrote: Code:

AGAINST

Gonna reply to this one pointing out how Detroit is utilizing me as a winger on Kyllonen’s line this season so considering my production as a center is unfair in this instance.

Boo... Wasted talent just on the wing!

[Image: tomasnz.gif]

Player Page

With the additions of Artemi Berezin and Sophia Bennett the best team in the SHL is now.. the West Kendall Platoon

For

WKP is a great team when it comes to fine tuning their roster mid season to get ready for the playoffs. This isn't the first time they've done this and while other teams sleep on them, they've came through with multiple cups by doing this... without losing any major depth or weakening their future. They've become a very attractive destination for players who want a cup.

Doubt is a dream killer

For: The SMJHL has it right with the 350 TPE cap.

Don't really see an issue with this to be honest, makes it a lot closer with and shows separation of commitment and skill level of players on teams and in the league.

[Image: Crossfit.gif]

[Image: CFJ1.gif]

Thanks to prettyburn, TML, Carpy, JNH, Jepox, Engi, Karey, Flappy, Skolpadder, Mook, DollarAndADream, Smirnov and Toe for the sigs.

Code:
Crossfit's First Career SHL Goal, 4. Manhattan Rage , Crossfit Jesus 1 (Pedro Sarantez, Nucky Toohoots) at 5:51

Code:
Devitt's First Career SHL Goal, 5. Calgary Dragons , Prince Devitt 1 (Barry Batsbak 21, Mike Izzy 14) at 10:43

Against.

For SMJHL players who are not called up after their second full season in the SMJHL there is very little incentive to stay totally active. Your player is maxed out by the middle of your second junior season and any upgrades you are making is just for banked TPE for your eventual call-up. Essentially you are penalizing the players who were drafted by a team that does not need them for multiple seasons, creating less fun for them in the SMJHL.

[Image: blix900.gif]

[Image: QwTZD8C.png][Image: iemKOIk.png]

Code:
Calgary's Otis B. Driftwood could do the unthinkable and win the scoring title as a defenseman.
For: Dude's an apple machine and is on an unreal pace right now. He's got some tough competition but I think if he keeps it up, he's got a good chance.

[Image: Jepox.gif]
(This post was last modified: 05-05-2019, 05:39 PM by Bonk.)

Code:
Calgary's Otis B. Driftwood could do the unthinkable and win the scoring title as a defenseman.

Against: I am against this simply on the principal that I do want Slappy to enjoy himself that much. Otis winning the scoring title would ensure too much happiness for Slappy and I would grow tired of his continuous gloating.

[Image: bonk.gif]
Sigs by @FlappyGiraffe,  @Steelhead77,  @ToeDragon84, @slothfacekilla, @Wasty and other dude I need to find your name

Lil' Manius

Big Manius