Create Account

Minnesota Chiefs Tampering Punishment

05-29-2019, 02:07 PMTommySalami Wrote:
05-29-2019, 01:53 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: You’re quoting a rulebook adjustment from 2013. Since then the rule has been adjusted further, to keep public tampering “within reason”. Malicious, targeted tampering is not within reason.

The rulebook as it is currently written:

Quote:Tampering is defined as approaching a player under contract with another team outside of the public forums, with the purpose of persuading them to join your team
This includes any private discussion involving leaving the team with whom the player is under contract with the purpose of joining the offender’s team
Public comments are allowed within reason. For example, no member may offer or discuss a contract to a player currently under contract with another team either in public or in private.
See this thread for clarification

My quote is from the "see this thread for clarification". The rulebook as it is currently written interprets this situation and comes to the conclusion that this is not tampering, but that the rule should be changed as a result of Daco taking it too far.

The rule should be changed imo and Minnesota should not be punished.

http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.p...pid2221531

Here you go. The rule change that only allows public tampering within reason. I dare you or anyone else to make a defense for Daco’s post being a reasonable public comment.

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]
[Image: KPt6Yuu.png]

05-29-2019, 02:10 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote:
05-29-2019, 02:07 PMMayuu Wrote: [Image: 326c7n.jpg]

05-29-2019, 01:58 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote: EDIT: Looks like WBF and Tommy already addressed this

Oh didn't see that. Sorry meng.

RETIRED

05-29-2019, 02:13 PMWannabeFinn Wrote:
05-29-2019, 02:07 PMTommySalami Wrote: The rulebook as it is currently written:

My quote is from the "see this thread for clarification". The rulebook as it is currently written interprets this situation and comes to the conclusion that this is not tampering, but that the rule should be changed as a result of Daco taking it too far.

Here you go. The rule change that only allows public tampering within reason. I dare you or anyone else to make a defense for Daco’s post being a reasonable public comment.

I'm at work, but I'll gladly do so when I get home.

[Image: TommySalami.gif]

Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard

EDM All-Time Leader in Goals, Assists and Points

05-29-2019, 02:08 PMTommySalami Wrote:
05-29-2019, 02:07 PMMayuu Wrote: [Image: 326c7n.jpg]

That is in the current rulebook

Nah

RETIRED

05-29-2019, 02:13 PMWannabeFinn Wrote:
05-29-2019, 02:07 PMTommySalami Wrote: The rulebook as it is currently written:

"i dare you" lmao.

05-29-2019, 12:53 PMCampinKiller Wrote:
05-29-2019, 12:51 PMArGarBarGar Wrote: "Keep contract details and that kind of stuff out of it but otherwise the rest is acceptable."

That is what the rules state with regards to public tampering and what was cited as the violation. No contract details were provided in the OP (and I don't believe it was mentioned anywhere else otherwise HO would have said something about it).

But would you say this if it were any team other than Minny?

I know this will surprise you since Alonzo Garbanzo was in the SHL longer than dinosaurs roamed the earth, but ArGar isn't on Minny anymore.

Zach Evans[/b] | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

05-29-2019, 02:17 PMLoco Wrote:
05-29-2019, 02:13 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.p...pid2221531

"i dare you" lmao.

truth or dare bro

[Image: ili5NZ2.png]

05-29-2019, 02:17 PMWaters Wrote:
05-29-2019, 02:17 PMLoco Wrote: "i dare you" lmao.

truth or dare bro

truth

I would say either publicly calling out players indicating your team wants to sign them is tampering or it isn't. "Within reason" is so vague it could apply or not apply to pretty much any public tampering charge.

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

05-29-2019, 02:17 PMLoco Wrote:
05-29-2019, 02:13 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.p...pid2221531

"i dare you" lmao.
haha I dared him dude lmao

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]
[Image: KPt6Yuu.png]

05-29-2019, 02:23 PMArGarBarGar Wrote: I would say either publicly calling out players indicating your team wants to sign them is tampering or it isn't. "Within reason" is so vague it could apply or not apply to pretty much any public tampering charge.

I look forward to the podcast content this ruling produces over the weekend.

Zach Evans[/b] | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

05-29-2019, 02:17 PMztevans Wrote:
05-29-2019, 12:53 PMCampinKiller Wrote: But would you say this if it were any team other than Minny?

I know this will surprise you since Alonzo Garbanzo was in the SHL longer than dinosaurs roamed the earth, but ArGar isn't on Minny anymore.

To be fair I'd probably still defend Texas despite being on Hamilton now

I probably would have defended Minny for years after leaving in S12. You grow fond of a team after spending a good amount of time there

Not saying that is what argar is doing, however

[Image: 8PlNwDd.png]

tbh I feel like minny shouldn't get the full-blown tampering punishment. seems a little harsh for what they did.

lemayo

[Image: 34964_s.gif]
[Image: thd650h.png]
Affiliate of:
syndicate Steelhawks Whalers

Also lmao at daco just leaving and letting his team deal with the punishment.

[Image: 34964_s.gif]
[Image: thd650h.png]
Affiliate of:
syndicate Steelhawks Whalers