Create Account

S51 PT #1 - The Delay

Personally, Joseph Weston had mixed feelings about the lockout. On the one hand, he was infuriated at people's lack of foresight on the issue. Every action has an equal and opposite reaction, that is a law that all things follow. The butterfly effect, whatever you want to call it, everything makes waves. And by instituting a brand new strategy you will inevitably cause a reaction, one that seems to have, to the detriment of many, delayed the season. On the other hand, the people who are being blamed for this are still human playing hockey just like the rest of us, and Joseph Weston can never condone horrid behavior done to another player. Some of the things said and done to these players is unacceptable. To pass the time, Joseph Weston did what he always does, and got back on the ice to keep practicing. Everything for Joseph Weston is about getting better, and this extended offseason was no different. While working with SMJHL HO kept him busy, every moment not spent working was back on the ice keeping in shape.

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

Ola Wagstrom did the only thing possible to kill a ton of time; he played video games. He dug out his Xbox and headed to NHL 19. NHL 19 helped him deal with the urge to get back on the ice as soon as possible, but when that inevitably got old because EA sucks, he moved on to first person shooter games, including one of his old teenage favorites, Call of Duty Black Ops 2. He remembered how much he loved zombies mode, and he brought a few teammates to join him a few nights. They had some long sessions and were able to make it 30 rounds before succumb to the mob. Perry Morgan @Flareon brought his Switch over on the last video game night before the season started and they played some classics such as Mario Kart and Super Smash Bros. Smash got heated; Wagstrom considers himself a strong Pikachu main, but Morgan started destroying everyone with every character. That sure got the adrenaline pumping, just in time for the boys to hit the ice again.

[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/ByNN8Jn.gif[/img]

During the offseason Lundqvist Jr does a lot of practice. This year was no different just lots of skating and passing work so that he can be better than ever for juniors. He was sad about the season delay because he is feeling good and really nervous to do better especially after how Texas has taken him so high. He has that confident boost and he doesn't want to lose it. He is confused about what is going on to hold things up but he has been busy anyways too so in some ways it is for the best.  He has been spending a lot of time with family off the ice and also helping his younger brother do studying for his classes so that he can be a successful guy like Lundqvist Jr is now. It's hard to get cooler than a professional hockey player but his brother can be just as successful and Lundqvist Jr only wants the best for his family.

[Image: oie_floaties.gif]

The extended off season or lockout period has been quite a busy time for Karl. He was in Calgary for the Challenge Cup, and then down to West Kendall for his second training camp with the platoon. It was a tough week with a lot of focus on his shooting to ramp up his scoring ability.
After 10 days in West Kendall Karl was back on the plane, this time back to Germany for a week before heading to this year's WJC in Finland with the German Jr. team.

It's been a fairly busy off season and the lockout hasn't really had time to manifest itself, a delayed start has been announced, so Karl is going to be back on the ice before he knows it, after a small break to travel back to Halifax from Finland after the tournament he'll be full swing into exhibition, not missing a beat!

[Image: krash.gif]

[Image: kLRJavo.png][Image: ZjgHcNL.png]

[Image: s9JOf1N.png][Image: wW0VNnL.png]

So during the current lock out Emiko has basically be working with the goalie coach to try and improve as much as possible for the coming year in the SHL. The anticipation is slowly eating away at Emiko due to the fact she's probably going to be sat for a long time on the bench considering she's a back up.

Other than that she's been visiting her friends who currently live in america and canada too. She went to go meet her friend Etsuko up in Montreal. She went to see the 6th game of the finals for her team and was very excited when they won. After that she went to go visit her rather unorthodox friend Manto. Etsuko came down with Emiko to go meet Manto. They all played some baseball while waiting for the season to start in all the leagues. It had been the first time since they all left Japan to play together.

One thing that had changed recently was the fact Emiko had been playing in the WJC for a different team than last year!

Code:
Words: 181

Talk about your player's views on the "lockout," what they did to pass the time and deal with the anticipation, or a combination of both. (150 words minimum)

I'm just ready to get to playing hockey. When I heard about the league's delay I was pissed cause I was ready to skate. But GM Wastlund bought out a week of ice time up in Simi Valley to let the guys skate and get some mini games in. We even had a Play the Panthers fun skate with some of the local youth teams and some of the adult league teams. Fun to get the skate but also keeps the game play loose and let the creativity flourish. Some times we lose that creativity playing in our systems so it was nice to have that time. I also spent some time with my wife and getting our house ready for when I'm away. She's pregnant so we're just scheduling times for her and my mother to come in a help after the delivery and I'm gone during the season. I just want to get the season started though and get in the room with the guys and get the puck dropped. (172 Words)

[Image: NiclasWastlund26.gif]
#40 Niclas Wastlund - W - VANCOUVER WHALERS Whalers / MINNESOTA MONARCHS Monarchs
[Image: vlPUU9v.png][Image: ammBPLt.png][Image: rnZeas5.png][Image: V9MXpXR.png]

PBE PT

[Image: 4zfXx6o.gif]
[Image: 9sKIbXE.png]

During the lockout, I had to be surew I was able to see everything that was happening in order to continue my investigation HO and any of the less savoury individuals in the league. To do that, I had to make sure I was incognito. I tried to grow a moustache to help make myself look different, but it didn't go too well so I ended up heading on down to dollarama to pick one up. After that, a hat and a trenchcoat, I must have been super incognito and I'm sure no body noticed me. I wasn't able to find much evidence to the corruption around, but people were oddly silent when I was nearby. They must have found someone else creeping around.

These stakeouts generally involve eating food that is quick so that I can stay on the move and on my toes for any tails, so I spent a lot of time eating some McDonalds (I couldn't happen to find any Izzy Dogs, the Dog of champions unfortunately). I'm a bit heavier and shorter of breath after the lockout, but nothing that a few suicides in training camp won't fix.

Battleborn  Finland     [Image: QwTZD8C.png]   [Image: uJXrVDL.png]  [Image: iemKOIk.png]     Finland  Battleborn

[Image: ecaJZ6D.jpg]
[Image: flowseidon.gif]
[Image: PRedauw.png]

185 words
Tom Fiddler is antsy. He has been training hard this off season, getting into shape and working on his skills. He eagerly awaits the start of the season so he can three-peat the Four Star Cup. He doesn't expect to be called up to the SHL, so it's not the start of the SHL that bothers him, but rather the Juniors. He has dominated the preseason so far, something he expected to do more of in past seasons. But now, capped in his 3rd year, Tom has an opportunity to be one of the SHJMLs top point getters, like he always dreamed. He supposes to pass the time, he could train harder. But, Fitted and Gold are too persuasive and invite him out to a night of drinking. As is always the case with Phineas Gold, the white dragon arrives eventually in a bathroom stall in an exclusive night club. Think of that scene from American Psycho where they yell at that guy in the next stall while doing coke. It's exactly that like, and my card is the best card.

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]
(This post was last modified: 11-28-2019, 03:25 PM by O4L.)

Written task: During the lockout, I spent more time reflecting on the state of the league since returning to the league than I ever have before. I've observed that the SHL almost never tries to actively improve the league season to season and instead has a goal of just getting by the season without any major hiccups. Good/interesting ideas to improve the site are often ignored and rarely/if ever truly discussed by the higher-ups on the site anymore, this has caused the league to be in stagnation mode for years now. The only time something ever really changes in this league is when something outright breaks which was the case this off-season. I can't say I didn't see it coming, once people started using STHS and treating like it wasn't just a fun, casual hockey sim by test simming every single possible combination, multiple times per day something like this was bound to happen. STHS just doesn't have the same kind of depth as a game like League Of Legends where trying to create cheese to win games is actually viable without causing the game to break. Anyone with half a brain knew this was the case, so to blame STHS for being a shitty game after 50 seasons of it working perfectly fine is laughable to me. Quite frankly, the amount of test sims everyone has been doing really takes the fun out of a once casual league to the point where I regret causing the post-S20 Reddit recruitment boom when I became recruitment head back in the S20s since that inadvertently led to the current league state.

Anyway, during my time off I decided to return home to Korea and party with my brothers. I then traveled to Calgary to see my good friend and mentor Steven Jalopski who is still unjustifiably locked behind prison bars. We talked about hiring Lovell Kunkel agencies to appeal his sentence and get him released. He then gave me some pointers on how to win the cup as a teams best defender which I plan to use next season. The end.

[Image: 57879_s.gif]
[Image: 37742_s.gif]
[Image: jov7Yk9.png]

"“HA HA! THIS GAME WILL NEVER END! I POSSESS THE SOUL OF EVERY GOALIE ON TEAM B!! CREW 4 LIFE!! SIGN WITH EDMONTON FOR THE CUP!!!” cackled Belial as he placed a Fedora on his head."
SMJHL Commisioner S17-S26
Calgary Dragons GM S14-S23

In light of the recent lockout Karlstraße took some much needed time off to rest and relax. Since entering the league he has seen post season play in all, but one season, his rookie season. The young luxembourger has no regrets and is eager to compete for all again in S51, but a break to rest the body is much appreciated. As we gear up for S51 Karlstraße began to slowly ramp up his training again. Known for his powerful slapshot, he has started to focus his training on his lesser abilities such as his skating, gritty-ness and sandpaper per 60. An emphasis on getting pucks deep, driving the bus and forcing his style of play for a full 60 minutes are clearly seen here as he hopes to find the next level in his play after what was arguably a small step back in S50 as he was unable to set new career highs like he did in his first and second season in the league.

[Image: IAP8v68.png]

pride Armada  Player Page || Update Page  Germany pride

Maxime huffed petrol out of the Challenge Cup to pass the time during the recent delay. He did it when no one was watching and then blamed his horrendous out of his head state on simple 'alcohol'. Absolutely no one bought this as a reason and knew something was up, but they were too busy being upset at the state of the league, and or celebrating their recent victory over the Tampa Bay Barracuda. The petrol really helped to pass the time, and the days turned into weeks effortlessly.
Pretty soon, Maxime found himself barely clothed, and chained to the door of the SHL commission, his bare torso painted with the words "End SHL Hunger Now" in bright red. Calgary red almost. The security at the commission is apparently terrible for not preventing this from happening, but Maxime had no recollection of the events that lead him to be there.
With the return of the league, everyone forgot about his antics, and it was back to hitting the ice soon enough.

[Image: first.png]
[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/rWt4AB3.png[/img][img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/rWt4AB3.png[/img]
Maxime Bouchard
Armada Dragons Info - Updates  Dragons Armada
Richard Dickbutt McFudderdudder II
Armada Info - Updates Armada

i welcomed the time off to be completely honest. i mean, this is my last season of being even halfway decent and i know once it starts that means it has to end. its something we all dont wanna think about, our bodies giving in to time and abuse, but its inevitable. its nice that we can never get seriously injured but that doesnt stop us from having that ever present thought in the back of our minds... we will all slowly wither away until we can no longer play the game we love. its okay, its something ive accepted long ago, but god damn is it coming up fast. so yeah, it was nice to have some extra time to relax and kinda let everything sink in. and also some time to train that much harder, because hey this is it, you know? ive come this far and i gotta say im hungry for it. i wanna get this shit done in my prime so lets fuckin go, boys.

Brennan Kennedy Jr, while diaspointed about the lockout, could understand why it happened. For a team to try and break the very structure of the league as a certain team did, he realizes time is needed in order to get the season back in line. While it's not ideal for him to wait around as he feels this is his time to have a break out season, one positive aspect about the whole thing is that it means himself and his teammates are champions for just that much longer. The boys have made the most out of it, everyone is taking a day or two extra with the cup as we realize it's our for longer. The stories that have been passed around the Calgary locker room have been legendary and will be a tough act to follow. The keeper of the cup has had the time of his life I'm sure.

[Image: Bk1689.gif]

Joe K’s view on the “lockout” was one of relief, mixed with a bit of happiness. It’s really depressing that we even had to have a lockout, but it would be significantly worse if DIDN’T catch the shenanigans that were happening until after the season started. That’d be way worse of a mess. Historically, HO has leaned towards avoiding anything serious when it comes to change. This last bit of time has been awesome, as HO has jumped straight into the fray in order to fix these issues, and they’re actively trying to make the SHL a much better place for everyone. If Hamilton would’ve gotten away with their nonsense and the season started, we would’ve seriously had to consider restarting everything and that would not have gone over too well. But neither would have “just letting the season play out” either. As a result, I’m really happy that the Head Office (along with some others) have been working their asses off to make this league the best it can be. I’d much rather have been locked out for a little longer, than dealt with the mess that could’ve happened if we rushed into starting the season. (197)

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page