Create Account

S51 PT #2 - New Attributes

Code:
Written task: Write about a new attribute (or two or three or however many) that you think would be fun/unique/important/interesting/cool to add. This can be one that actually exists in FHM (thanks @Tomen for the first screenshot and thanks @DrunkenTeddy for the better screenshot), a funny one as a joke, or whatever you can think of off the top of your head - as long as it's something new that doesn't currently exist in STHS. What's the new attribute? Would you personally add lots of TPE to this attribute? How will it affect players on the ice? (150+ words)

I think one attribute that would be fun and unique to add would be "Taking Off Skate To Stab Opponent" attribute. Obviously the player Happy Gilmore would probably have the highest amount of TPE in this stat, but other players could add it to their builds too. It could be pretty useful for more defensive or grinder type players and be used to intimidate the other teams. I'm not sure if we would have injuries turned on, but it also could be useful to seriously injure the opposing star players. Who doesn't want to take the leading scorer off the ice for a few weeks with a little slice slice?

It should be interesting to see how the mental attributes affect our players if we do make this switch over to FHM. I love how we will see some build diversity (at least at first) and more stats hopefully will affect the players' play. I actually purchased FHM just to play around with it so maybe I should start doing that....
Code:
171 words

[Image: 66818_s.gif]
[Image: lqfXIpe.jpeg]

I think experience or leadership would be a cool attribute to add. Now I am not overly a huge believer in some "experts" demanding that a team needs a certain amount of leadership / experience to make it far in the playoffs, as I believe younger teams can do it, as long as they have a couple of key pieces. With that in mind, if there was a way to add leadership or experience into the sim, but make the effect it has not overly controlling, or having the ability to change the sim, I think it would be interesting to look at.
If there was a way to blend with sim seasons played, and somehow track / give a value to someones activity on the website, which then would give a blended attribute rating for the sim. Meaning players who went inactive, (like me) would have a low leadership score attribute. However, people like Izzy would have a high leadership / experience attribute.

The more I think this out in my head, the harder it gets to justify, so maybe its best avoiding my suggestion.

183 words

[Image: Oats.gif]

[Image: 401.png] [Image: S42cup1.png] [Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png][Image: WuTGq5J.png][Image: XUMDqMO.png]

[Image: parmborg11.jpg]

---> ParmBorg Highlights <---
[Image: cgv4vCv.png] Goal[Image: 95lCCDx.png]
[Image: parmborg.gif]

[Image: steelhead77.gif]

#1 All-Time SHL Goal & Point Scorer 
- First 2,000 TPE Player in SHL History - 
- First 400 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- Only 500 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- First GM to Win 5 & 6 Challenge Cups -
Esa Anrikkanen Award - SMJHL ROY - Est. S34
Vidrik Onoprienko Award Winner - S45

Dragonite[Image: 271.png][Image: 291.png][Image: 321.png][Image: 401.png][Image: 42banner2.png][Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png] Dragonite
(This post was last modified: 12-05-2019, 04:58 AM by puolivalmiste.)

[Image: NtndIDj.png]

[Image: puolivalmiste2.gif]
Sigs by @Carpy48, @Nokazoa and me

The idea of shooting and passing attributes not being the deciding factor in whether you shoot or pass but rather how well you do each is a breathe of fresh fucking air. Honestly we need an overhaul is made up of alot more that what we have now why not have passing and shooting both be 99 and be great at both rather than simon be dumb and say oh I meant shootpassy because I'm confused and theres more than just *skating* wayne gretzky was a great skater but he wasnt really fast he was agile had good Balance see more than one thing not just *skating * zone read shot power and accuracy we ate due for a bright new world folks be afraid not this new world will open up builds and make gms actually have to assemble a true roster of players that work well togther it's a bold step but it's the right one theres so much more to hockey that simon does not consider let's go!

[Image: Fitted_3.png]

2x 4Star Cup Champ s49 s50

1x commissioners excellence award s 50

PBE +3

[Image: traphag2.gif]
(sigs courtesy of Carpy48, BDonini, Turd Ferguson, FlappyGiraffe, and Sulovilen)

A couple attributes I think should be added if we are having the option to add:

1. Swagger - This worded a little vaguely but think of it like confidence. A player might be more or less inclined to increasing their ability to score over short period of time creating a more streaky player. In turn this might also creates instances of over confidence where a player might be inclined to make bone headed moves (Give-aways, puck hogging, or taking increased penalties)

2. Goal Song - This requires players to pick a song for each time they score. Choosing a bad goal song might demoralize the rest of your team and thereby hurting the team. On the flip if a player chooses a goal song that meshes with what other players on the team choose then they get an extra boost when a goal is scored. This would also give players a chance to ridicule their teammates for having terrible choice in music. I am looking at you country music fans...you know who you are.

Tibuk Soonika - G - Tampa Bay Barracuda| Portal Page
BarracudaSwitzerlandKnights

New attributes? Shut up, dad. I mean, I'm not the biggest fan of change. I like the way certain leagues are ran and how they do etc. I like that the SHL has done it's thing now for 50 seasons or whatever and it's always looked and felt a certain way. Is it the VHL's portal? Nope. But it's the SHL. It's great in its own way. So changing the sim engine and all that jazz, I'm not sold. I'd be very curious to see how everything is, how the update scale and attributes and whatever else is going to be like. However, let's say they do change it - what would I be excited for?

Variety - A little more than just being a d-man and updating defence and shit. I know there's more to not - PH, SK, ST, etc all play big parts and whatever but what about stick checking? Shot blocking? I know it's likely all consumed by DF, but the variety makes those things stand out more and maybe makes each position and build a little more "real"

Getting open - I don't know. This seems like a really shitty and stupid attribute. Having it in the engine, it's obvious it'd be a tad important probably and a good one to have but it just seems like a dumb as shit attribute to have. Skating. Puck handling. Shooting. Defence. Stick Checking. It just doesn't match for me for whatever reason.

Mental Ratings - Most are good. I think temperament is another stupid one but likely one that some people could have fun with. Make a brawler that snaps at the smallest shit but scores 26 goals a season. Sounds like the ultimate player> Celly and kick the fuck out of other players? Sure. Sign me up.

Thats it. Word count met. TY

[Image: ThdtxoF.png]

|| Fujikawa Player Page || Update Page ||

I tried to think of something interesting, that would actually apply to the sim and make sense. That was too hard. So, instead, I propose a new attribute. One that will change the SHL meta permanently. Defense is for idiots. The new, and most important attribute will be “dogs owned”. This won’t just be as simple as a number. Some people don’t own dogs, so this wouldn’t be fair. This attribute will be represented by two numbers. It will show a number for dogs currently owned, and a second number next to it in parenthesis for how many dogs the player could own at their peak potential. Dogs Owned: 0 (6). Like that. This way, if a player is young, and doesn’t have any dogs of their own yet, you can still measure their potential for the future. So, for example, my player, Bobby Lane. I see him as a 0 (4) kind of guy right now. It is still early in his career though. Maybe he signs a bigger contract and buys a house. Maybe he improves to a 2 (6) in a few seasons.

[Image: RichSHL.gif]
Thanks to sulovilen for the sigs!
Adam Prpich Portal Link

Check out past episodes of Rich and Luke!

I'd love to see intangibles as a stat. Big body, big mind, big quads, big dick, you name it. Huge character guy in the locker room, "huge" guy in the sheets, huge guy in the streets. You know when you just see a guy and you look at him and you think, this is the one, this is it. Well that's what this stat improves. The coach will want to play you more just because he favours you. He'll try and submit lines where you are on the fourth line, but on the ice, once he gets a good look at you, you manage to find yourself on the first line. You're huge, you're sick, you love it all. Some players score so many goals, they get so many points, but you find yourself with all the girls. Now who's scoring points? TBH tho intangibles are kinda wack but I also understand them. Overrated by old ppl for sure tho.

[Image: j2h9XpS.png]
Thanks to JSS for the signature

[Image: ohmEd0h.png][Image: apAE8qn.png]

Wow there are mental abilities, I personally like the brave attribute. With only a little correlation with the PIXAR (do not say this is Disney you uncultured mess) movie BRAVE. This means a high bravery score means I will be very likely to break out in song on the ice. As if I do not do that already. Does this mean my parents are bears? or is this a sign that if we add brave then New England will win? The second mental ability I would like to talk about is temperament. Now this is not good, I do not want to go braking my stick every time I miss the goal (which is a lot) I do not have that kind of money to go replacing sticks every 2 shots. Although, maybe if you look at my temperament you will also see why I only fight once a season. You have to pick you battles, I do not have the time to get angry at everything.

[Image: badwolf221B42.gif]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

Well in football manager we have the meme of Long Throws but that is not really applicable in this sport. I do like the sound of a few jokey based ones but I think aggression should be an option. Not so much useful stat nor will it be linked to the actual fighting stat but just how aggressive or stuck in you can make your player. I would love for Jon Forty-One to be able to make big hits for his team. It goes more into an enforcer type thing but this is ice hockey and a meta without any real good hits can be quite boring to me.

Another good one may be speed. Just the overall agility of your player to get forward or back. Having actual speed would make it a lot more interesting and fast paced (Or slow paced depending on TPE and overall speed) and I think it would change the meta quite a lot in the league which I am heavily for.

[169 words]

Raptors Proud S67 - S69 Colorado Raptors Captain  Raptors
Uk S57 Forward of the Season Award winner  Uk

Now I am free <3

[Image: 41-2.png?ex=65d9e0d0&is=65c76bd0&hm=ada7...1aae5535a&]

TOLERANCE would be the most important attribute in the entire game because it would influence literally everything that your player. First off, you need a high tolerance to even stay in the SHL because how else would you be able to handle all of the sheep who think Cameron Carter II @Boomcheck is the best in the entire game? Only the most WOKE players in the game will be able to have 100 tolerance and anyone who thinks that Cameron Carter II isn't the best to ever live, let alone play the sport, cannot tolerate the truth and are merely following the hivemind. Secondly, in order to succeed off the ice and in the locker room, your player needs to have a high alcohol or drug tolerance otherwise they won't survive a single minute in the league. Why? Well, the answer is simple. Have you seen what goes on in these locker rooms? There are guys slamming brewskis, doing kegstands, injecting literally every performance enhancing drug known to man (such as that 40 Passing drug @Gwdjohnson @dmills3 that was passed around recently) and most importantly, using WANG20 at SHLKush.com to save 20% on their first order. You, the person reading this, will likely never even be close to even having a single point in tolerance because you're obviously reading this and thinking "wow, this guy is crazy", but obviously you haven't done enough research to know that you need thick skin to last long in the league and the moment we move to FHM, all of you will realize that your players are complete dogshit and inferior to Cameron Carter II because you're all too brainwashed by the elite to understand GREATNESS.

[Image: image.png]
[Image: dankestmemes69420.gif]

[Image: vhY18i8.png] [Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: nBgNUTY.png]
Armada        Canada        Stampede
Falcons        Usa

Whatever sim engine we go with in the future, there is one stat it needs to have: stupidity. Quite simply, not every human on this earth, and surely not every hockey player (cough cough Evander Kane), are not on the same level of intelligence as others. Including a stat to distinguish that could help tremendously and make builds more fun and unique. It could help factor into a players hockey IQ, such as seeing the ice better than others or being able to make plays that seemed impossible to make. For example, a playmaker would not be as stupid as, say, an enforcer, as the playmaker can predict what can happen and try to make a play to help score a goal. While an enforcer, all that goes on in their mind may be “see body, hit body, repeat.” Great vocabulary there. While I know stupidity won’t be an attribute, it would be funny and kinda useful if expanded upon.

[Image: 55708_s.gif]

First Ever SHL Goal:
Code:
5. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 1 (Piotr Czerkawski 1, Cameron Dubois 2) at 16:27

First Ever Hat Trick:
Code:
S45 Game 46 NEW vs TOR
6. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 1 (Artemi Berezin 3, Tigole Bitties 5) at 5:21
9. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 2 (Artemi Berezin 4) at 18:58
10. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 3 (Tigole Bitties 7, Manuel Gotze 2) at 19:38 (Empty Net)

[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

[Image: x8xfxu4.png]

Reed Kobo - Winger - #33
Player Page- Update Page
Elijah Jones - Winger - #33 Retired
Player Page - Update Page
Toivo Kosonen - Defenseman - #33 Retired
Player PageUpdate Page
[Image: 2ew9foG.png][Image: rnSNsnU.png]