Create Account

S52 WFT #4 - Make The Case
(This post was last modified: 02-22-2020, 11:01 AM by FreakinAnime.)

Code:
Sound the alarms again - Hamilton is taking home that repeat trophy

FOR

I think Hamilton can win the cup again, they did it last year and are still winning a lot this year so it seems very likely. They will probably have a repeat just with how things are going now it looks like it is heading that way.

[Image: oie_floaties.gif]

Hamilton is getting swept by Buffalo. No trophy for them this year unfortunately.

This also renders Toronto magical run moot as they too will get the brooms.

Code:
Toronto's magical (?) run will continue and see them upset Buffalo in the wild card round

For: This is sths we're talking about where good teams usually take a crap in the playoffs and vice versa. Buffalo has been good for quite awhile so it's time for Simon to shit on them like he does everyone else

[Image: iUd7IJE.png]
[Image: rhodes.png]

Code:
Sound the alarms again - Hamilton is taking home that repeat trophy

This is definitely happening. Aaron Wilson is WannaBeFinn's biological father and there is absolutely nothing that Lee can do to stop Aaron Wilson from dominating the household and getting Lee to do the chores around the house.

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

[Image: scarn.png]

[Image: m59RPb7.png] [Image: czechup.png]
[Image: giphy.gif][Image: giphy.gif]

I am FOR Toronto magical run! Let me tell you something Gene, never before as a team fully embraced the three demandments of our Lord and savior, Hulk Hogan.  This team trains. This team says their prayers. This team takes their vitamins.  And you know what brother, this team isn't going to stop with Buffalo, oh no no no...  This team is the living embodiment of the Lord and saviors 24" Pythons! This team is going to the Stars! Because whatcha' gonna do brother, when the Toronto North Stars, and the hearts of a million Star-a-maniacs, run wild over you!

Quote:Peter Larson should be taking home the McBride award for the league's top goalie

This is, without a doubt, the most basic choice. Look at his numbers sure, the shutouts and the wins are great, being above .920 in SV% is a guarantee every time to me and being just second in GAA is astounding. But what to truly focus on is the impact individually he had. He made timely saves, he was perfectly in position, and when the scoring went down a bit he kept the team in the game and still dragged them to victory to clinch a playoff spot by the end. Hell, he may even deserve a Mexico for that performance.

An old man's dream ended. A young man's vision of the future opened wide. Young men have visions, old men have dreams. But the place for old men to dream is beside the fire.
[Image: DOF5tXM.png]
[Image: tjyuut.jpg] 
Thanks to Jackson, Copenhagen, and Harry Hans!

GOING DOWN IN STYLE. TOAST4LYFE

Code:
An every-season staple: Cameron Carter II will take home his second DAR AWARD #JODAN

FOR. CCII is the absolute GOAT of this league. I've been part of his fan club for a few seasons now and it is truly amazing to see his hard work paying off and him getting the award not only pays dividends to him for his hard work but also to us, his fans.

[Image: j2h9XpS.png]
Thanks to JSS for the signature

[Image: ohmEd0h.png][Image: apAE8qn.png]

The Carolina Kraken will return to glory and hoist the Four Star Cup

Against - Hold the horses over there chief. There are 7 teams in the league within 4 points from Carolina, 2 teams are tied with them aswell. If there is an example of a league with parity rn, it's definitely SMJHL so predicting one team to win the cup is silly at best, and even if Carolina looks marginally better than the rest of the league, in a Bo7 setting nothing is set in stone and we have seen weirder swings with Simon.

Manhattan Rage | General Manager
[Image: LSZLcjq.png]
thanks Sulovilen for the sig!
D | Manhattan Rage | Czechia

[Image: 8NuVFvj.png]

Code:
An every-season staple: Cameron Carter II will take home his second DAR AWARD #JODAN

FOR.  Every day JODAN brings us closer to the light.  It's a little known fact that the DAR is short for cameron joDAn caRter, and the II is symbolic of the second DAR.
God bless true American hero, Cameron Carter II.  God bless the United USA of America. Cheers

[Image: scrufdaddy2.gif]
credit to Flappy, ToeDragon, and Carpy

Patriotes Stars Panthers Platoon Specters Platoon Panthers Specters Aurora Jets Usa Scarecrows

[Image: Tqabyfh.png][Image: UDyqktK.png][Image: 1DL5JDX.png]

FOR

This seems like a no brainer, of course the Carolina Kraken will be getting that Four Star Cup once again. First off, I'm in the goalie box as the starter now so we won't have any Nolan McMahorn giving up goals. I am a WALL. Plus these will be my last games in a Kraken uniform and you sure know I'm gonna make the most of it! Kraken FOR THE WIN!

Kraken    Wolfpack    Inferno
Player Page  •  Update Page  •  Twitter  •  PBE Affiliate
[Image: oie_t51Jz8170MQ6.gif]
[Image: ZvQVgxr.png]

With 69 points and team leader Charlie Schieck finishing the season with 69 blocked shots, San Francisco just finished the nicest season in SHL history

For: Nice. Nice nice nice. Nice nice nice nice nice nice nice. Nice? Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice. Nice. Fuckin. Nice. Callin it here, boys, that's a nice fuckin' season.

But also, I mean, talk about nice. That's a big double six-niner in two of my favorite stats. (Because they're 2 of the only stats tracked.)

[Image: Screen_Shot_2020-07-07_at_12.29.58_PM.png]

"Sound the alarms again - Hamilton is taking home that repeat trophy"

Sorta for this, Hamilton has a pretty balanced line setup, adequate defense, and a goalie who can be unbeatable if the RNG favours it. Eastern Conference could present some mild inconveniences though, and the survivor of the West is gonna be a tough out.

[Image: 0K3YdqN.png]

Former Agent of Nick Brain: Center/Right Winger -  Aurora  Stars

For. They managed to finish in a tie for first place, but the important part was that they did not actually win the regular season trophy. So SimonT will not screw the team over because he hates the first place team for some reason and the Kraken will win yet another cup.

[Image: hw6Eojc.png]

[Image: lqfXIpe.jpeg]

Goal differential should be the regular season tiebreaker instead of Regulation+Overtime Wins (no bias here at all)

Against, Goal differential should be one of the tiebreakers but by no means should it be on top or even before ROW. I personally would prefer to value regulation wins even more so having them as first tiebreaker would be my prefered way (which would have pushed NEW to playoffs for all non biased people). Or maybe change to point system that reflects that so either 3-2-1-0 used on IIHF and like or even something like 7-5-4-3-2-0 which I assume isn't used anywhere but for sure would add value to regulation wins.

[Image: puolivalmiste2.gif]
Sigs by @Carpy48, @Nokazoa and me

Code:
Edmonton will make the finals for the 3rd time in 4 seasons

Of course they will, they're the best team in their conference. We've seen time and again that the team who crushes the regular season were only on a heater and they faulter in the playoffs. The Pride rode a wave, but will come crashing down in the playoffs and Edmonton, with their depth throughout the lineup and the best goaltender, will return to the finals.

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 79
0-0-0
Regular Season - [G 0] [A 0] [Pts 0] [+/- 0] [PIM 0] [Hits 0] [SB 0]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]