Create Account

Who has been the best Challenge Cup Winner of the last decade?

03-19-2020, 03:46 PMcpetrella Wrote:
03-19-2020, 03:43 PMCapt_Blitzkrieg Wrote: Big ones or little ones?
pretty big, bigger diameter than a hockey puck
Those are big cookies.

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!

03-19-2020, 03:46 PMcpetrella Wrote:
03-19-2020, 03:43 PMCapt_Blitzkrieg Wrote: Big ones or little ones?
pretty big, bigger diameter than a hockey puck

You bring enough to share with the class?

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]

03-19-2020, 03:46 PMaaronwilson Wrote:
03-19-2020, 02:52 PMluketd Wrote: “ S51 Hamilton Steelhawks outshot opponents by almost 8 shots per game”

I couldn’t imagine why

But good work, I enjoyed it

You probably think it was the scoring/passing gaps but that was never the primary reason Hamilton did well in s50-s52, which is why the requirement to have a passer on each line barely affected our win %. Of course, having good scoring helped but good defense, low checking, high-ish discipline and good lines were equally as important, if not more important.
The season y’all break the engine, you sweep your way to the finals. The rules change, and you get bounced in the first round. I wonder why that could possibly be and what could have possibly changed

Alex Winters (retired)
Matej Winters (retired)
Dominik Winters
S45 Jesster Trophy Winner
Challenge Cup Winning Goal Club: S52

03-19-2020, 04:09 PM39alaska39 Wrote:
03-19-2020, 03:46 PMaaronwilson Wrote: You probably think it was the scoring/passing gaps but that was never the primary reason Hamilton did well in s50-s52, which is why the requirement to have a passer on each line barely affected our win %. Of course, having good scoring helped but good defense, low checking, high-ish discipline and good lines were equally as important, if not more important.
The season y’all break the engine, you sweep your way to the finals. The rules change, and you get bounced in the first round. I wonder why that could possibly be and what could have possibly changed

[Image: 0cd.png]

[Image: first.png]
[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/rWt4AB3.png[/img][img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/rWt4AB3.png[/img]
Maxime Bouchard
Armada Dragons Info - Updates  Dragons Armada
Richard Dickbutt McFudderdudder II
Armada Info - Updates Armada

03-19-2020, 03:46 PMaaronwilson Wrote: You probably think it was the scoring/passing gaps but that was never the primary reason Hamilton did well in s50-s52, which is why the requirement to have a passer on each line barely affected our win %. Of course, having good scoring helped but good defense, low checking, high-ish discipline and good lines were equally as important, if not more important.

You mean the season where we improved from 3rd in the overall standings to 2nd despite all the changes and lost to another good team? Give it a rest

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]

It's like you've never seen sths randomness before. Simon t is too random in small sample sizes, e.g. Toronto made the playoffs over NEW this season but if you sim 250-game seasons that would never happen.

Narconis finished with a .931 sv% in the S51 playoffs but if you sim 800 games no goalie would have sv% above .908-.912. In other words, our playoff run in S51 was primarily driven by luck and high pdo, then the opposite happened in S52, but we had the same chance to win in s51 and s52 (58-60%)

I know teams that lost in the playoffs despite winning close to 70% of games in test sims, having a good win % in tests doesn't mean you're gonna win, in fact the best team rarely wins the cup in sths.

Player info | Updates | Stats
SteelhawksCanadaWhalers

[Image: aawil.gif]

03-19-2020, 03:46 PMaaronwilson Wrote:
03-19-2020, 02:52 PMluketd Wrote: “ S51 Hamilton Steelhawks outshot opponents by almost 8 shots per game”

I couldn’t imagine why

But good work, I enjoyed it

You probably think it was the scoring/passing gaps but that was never the primary reason Hamilton did well in s50-s52, which is why the requirement to have a passer on each line barely affected our win %. Of course, having good scoring helped but good defense, low checking, high-ish discipline and good lines were equally as important, if not more important.
Good lines are important??????? Defense gud????

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]
[Image: KPt6Yuu.png]

We weren't disciplined at all against Buffalo. It would probably end up a different series if we weren't on the PK 27 times against them. which was 6 less than our S51 finals run.

03-19-2020, 04:43 PMWannabeFinn Wrote:
Good lines are important??????? Defense gud????

Defense is the most important attribute in sths

SteelhawksCanadaWhalers

Aw buddy.

Doesn't matter anymore.

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page

But,

Congrats to the S47 West Kendall Platoon for being the best Challenge Cup winner of the decade!

Update Page
Player Page

03-19-2020, 04:52 PMJKortesi81 Wrote: Aw buddy.

Doesn't matter anymore.

Don't you have a game 7 to lose

[Image: 666162644218281989.png?v=1]

SteelhawksCanadaWhalers

03-19-2020, 05:00 PMaaronwilson Wrote:
03-19-2020, 04:52 PMJKortesi81 Wrote: Aw buddy.

Doesn't matter anymore.

Don't you have a game 7 to lose

No, it's the offseason dummy.

Update Page
Player Page

03-19-2020, 05:04 PMJKortesi81 Wrote:
03-19-2020, 05:00 PMaaronwilson Wrote: Don't you have a game 7 to lose

No, it's the offseason dummy.

I'm sure you can find a way

SteelhawksCanadaWhalers

I’m glad my rankings have been widely accepted and not at all controversial Smile

Thanks Wasty, Carpy, JSS, TurdFerguson, Geekusoid and Awesomecakes for the sigs!
[Image: reidsuth.gif]