Create Account

S53 PT #3 - Build A Front Office

Going with what I know, we'll see a lot of Raider alumni on my list, and I believe quite a good front office.

Negotiator - @JR95 - My SHL GM as well. Very active in the trade front, I don't recall any of his trades turning heads in the term of "what the hell was that?". Re-signs players on the team or trades them for value added instead of having them walk. Generally helping WKP be a destination on FA's list, and I do believe is able to assemble the best possible roster, WKP's current status as a rebuilding franchise after a blistering S40s. Cup runs aren't free, and we are dealing with that area of the transaction now.

Strategist - @Citizen of Adraa - As quiet as he is, he is the Timber lead strategist. I see how active he is behind the scenes making sure we are always given the best shot to win with what we have. Taking the time to make the correct lineup tweaks or sometimes more important, no tweaks, I have full faith in the lineup producing with CoA as the lead tacticioner.

Scout - Tooting my own horn, and you'll have to trust me here because we need some time to let our last 2 drafts pan out. The thing with scouting is even if you personally talk with every prospect, there is only so much intel you can gain. The best scouting comes from casting a wide net, and being able to filter all of the information into useful pieces. Assuming I can make use of a scouting department, @mxman991, @charlieconway, @Citizen of Adraa, and @JR95 this head office is going to have an excellent pipeline of recruits.

Clubhouse Leader - @Flareon and @TheDangaZone Both are awesome LR presences and from my experience don't sugar coat anything, but also don't get caught up in despair. Honorable mention to @slothfacekilla, this is a Locker Room anyone would want to be a part of.
(This post was last modified: 04-08-2020, 06:38 AM by Nictox.)

Negotiator - @FuzzSHL

Fuzz is the guy everyone should want in their front office. He knows how to bring a team together via trades and signings. As someone who has had him in my front office before, he is exactly what you want in as a negotiator. Fuzz is also a really good guy to talk to and hangout with, so that is a huge plus.

Strategists - @Nictox

I thought long and hard on this one. I see myself as more of a coach then a leader on a team, even though I think I am pretty okay leader too. I can tell you I put my all into getting the most out of my team. I think I have a knack for finding a build to help out anybody. I can see myself fitting all of these roles as I have done them successfully since S46.

Scout - @Capt_Blitzkrieg

Blitz is a great scout. He is currently in my front office and goes over and above for the team. I have not seen someone bleed so much hay since I was a wee lad under Joe K. Blitz loves scouting people too, he does a great job at it. Come draft time, he knows who should be picked and who shouldn't. I value his opinions on everybody and can honestly say he has helped pick up some great guys.

Clubhouse Leader - @JKortesi81

Without a doubt in my mind, Joe K is a leader. He drafted me back in S42 and has quickly became one of my favorite people on the site. We didn't make the playoffs in season 42 and one of the few things I remember from then was Joe writing out a short story in the locker room on why we should be calm, prepare to kick ass the next season, and how much he loved us all. There is a reason so many people want to play with Joe. He connects with anyone who talks to him and he actually gives a shit. Ask anyone around about Joe K, they will tell you the same.

[347]

[Image: Niktox.gif]
Specters Monarchs Berserkers Scarecrows [Image: italian-flag.jpg?s=612x612&w=0&k=20&c=tO...eKFgvtgqU=]

Specters Armada Scarecrows Czechia
Panthers Specters Jets Scarecrows Usa [Image: 4star.png] [Image: challengecup.png] [Image: challengecup.png]
RIP Dangel #AD26  |  RIP TDZ

I tell you what, these PTs that ask you about other users are really tough for me since I try to avoid talking to anyone. So I'm just gonna say that the entire front office should just be @JKortesi81. All of it is done by him. It's all his fault for being a GM, so he needs to do all the things. He takes on all the blame. He's a very nice guy and rather smart with his dealings as a GM, so I'm sure he'll be fine.
I'm just gonna throw him to the wolves and not give him any help.
I feel like a horrible person for calling out someone that I think is great, but I'm stuck here without any other names. He's already GM, so he's doing all this already, so I guess there's no need to demand anything. Yay!

[Image: KouSaotomeUndraftedSigSmol.png]
Jamie T Wrote:But I wish I'd been a little more exceptional
And I wish I'd been a little unconventional
But I was not enough, no, I'm not enough

[Image: NdzU2e0.png]
@Steelhead77

[Image: first.png]
[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/rWt4AB3.png[/img][img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/rWt4AB3.png[/img]
Maxime Bouchard
Armada Dragons Info - Updates  Dragons Armada
Richard Dickbutt McFudderdudder II
Armada Info - Updates Armada

A scout - ML, he was my general manager back in juniors, when I played for the Prince George Thunderbirds and the Anchorage Armada, and I was his ever first draft pick, in the 3rd round. If that doesn't say anything about how his scouting is then I don't know what to tell you, you must be incredibly dumb (I don't actually mean that)
A negotiator - I don't really know who to put for this position, it could really be anyone. They would just have to be able to talk to people, negotiate with them, get into their minds, fuck with them, control what they are thinking, and get what they want. So, I would just put myself for this position because I feel like I could do that.
Locker Room Leader - Agustus Wang is the best Locker Room leader in the juniors, he would definitely be my pick #WANG2020

[Image: BoucherFan12.gif]

[Image: benzeev.gif]

06-11-2021, 05:33 PMKenitohMenara Wrote: [Image: BLUE.jpeg]
Welcome to the hall, Ben!

I'm gonna put together a front office entirely out of NEW prospects. 
As our scout we've got @acdangel - dangle has great taste in e.g., music, tv shows, so I trust him to have good taste in scouting people as well. He knows what to look for in a good song or in a good show, so he should know what to look for in a good prospect. 
Our strategist will be @kenvald - kenvald seems to have a keen eye for analysis and strategy and has shown interest in player builds, so I think he'll be able to learn FHM quickly and come up with ideal team-boosting strategies. 
Our negotiator will be @Zomp - you always hear about executives being "awake around the clock" or "up all night" to work out the best deals and signings for a team, and Zomp's sleep schedule is so fucked I know he won't have any issues being up all night to negotiate some deals. 
Our locker room leader is @scottisheyebrow - AM is a huge part of our weekly jackbox games and he loves to come in there and kick our asses no matter what game we're playing. he's proven to be an enthusiastic locker room presence so he'll be our clubhouse leader here.
Lastly I'm inventing a position for @LairdButler - the intimidator. I assume he takes after his player on the ice - Stan Hanson - and he's an enforcer who people shouldn't be fucking with. Tough guys shouldn't be limited to on-ice brawling, they should have room to be tough in the front office as well.

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

Negotiator - I would go with Dankoa for head negotiator as he has put together some nice contracts in the past.  I expect that he could bring in the right talent for the right price to make the most of the cap room.

Strategies - I would go with Jayhawk for this role as he did a great job of putting together the builds in the new sim engine.  It was not easy work but he managed to make the most of what he had.  I know my player is crushing it right now.

Scout - I do not know much about the scouting abilities of many of the people in the league so this is a tough one.  I guess I will have to go with JSS since that is who brought me into this league.  I have heard the jokes and the feedback about JSS but again, I am only in this league because JSS invited me to join.

Clubhouse Leader - Kaarlo Kekkonen/Cleverpin has done a great job of motivating the squad this season with his play on the ice.  A veteran presence that can  motivate the troops is absolutely necessary.

Code:
191 Words

[Image: kpALfz6.jpg]
Gritty McGritterson Player Page
Gritty McGritterson Update Page

S53 Four Star Cup Champion- Detroit Falcons
S56 Challenge Cup Champion - Hamilton Steelhawks

I have never considered myself much of a Front office person, and have usually tried to keep those positions to those that have experience or are eager to prove themselves. I look at all these positions and after some thought I think if I had to take over a position, I would go with being a Strategist. Having played both EHM and FHM for endless hours, (in which I have been pretty good at regardless of how much I only play as the Anaheim Ducks.) I'm pretty confident that something of some value has rubbed off on me regarding the coaching side of the games. Having a great strategy is one of the biggest factors in running a strong Championship contending team year after year. You need to look at the roster you have in front of you and create a style of play that compliments the pieces you have. I think that would be the only front office role I would be decent at.

[Image: vEz8TKz.png]

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!

A negotiator -  Homer vote goes to myself, but in the spirit of the PT, I will look in a different direction. @JayWhy is a guy that I’ve had countless trade negotiations with that are always made in good faith, a trade that’s sole goal isn’t to bend the other team over, but to find a middle ground that benefits both parties. That’s what trades are all about, and it’s that level of respect that I admire that leads to a fantastic franchise.

A strategist – @JaytheGreat is a member of our scouting and analytics department here in New England. It’s his hard work that allows us to best deploy our personnel in a manner in which they are more effective. He’d be an immense member of anyone’s front office.

A scout – @Acsolap. The Wolfpack newcomer has some fantastic connections as a SMJHL GM. He gets all the inside intel and knowledge and I think his brutally honest communication style mirrors my own quite well. Love having him with the Pack.

A clubhouse leader – @sve7en Jimmy Wagner, the Captain of the Carolina Kraken. He’s been an awesome teammate during my goaltender, Frans Eller’s time in the SMJHL. He’s all about providing the most intel to the rooks that he can to ensure their experience is positive and he’s always one of the first to answer the questions they have.

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

04-08-2020, 01:00 PMhotdog Wrote: Our locker room leader is @scottisheyebrow - AM is a huge part of our weekly jackbox games and he loves to come in there and kick our asses no matter what game we're playing. he's proven to be an enthusiastic locker room presence so he'll be our clubhouse leader here.
Auntie Mildred takes names in Jackbox, no doubt about it!

[Image: eyebrow_man.png]
[Image: mtndihx.png]

The negotiator - I choose you, @dmills3! As shown in Vancouver since this offseason, dmills has and eye for finding and retaining the good guys. Also, he is a GM so he has got it all figured out already!

The strategist - I'm gonna go selfish on this one and pick myself. I spent _a lot_ of time after we got the FHM player builder to go back and forth with my own build. Researching NHLers and trying to get the most out of my limited TPE. I'm planning on buying FHM next time it goes on sale and then really get into a deep dive in how it all works.

The scout - Is it cheating if I pick someone that already has/did this job? @Gwdjohnson would be my scout of choice. The acquisitions from the previous draft revitalized the locker room and have made Vancouver perform a lot better this season than what everyone expected.

The clubhouse leader - This one did not require much thinking either. Because the one guy who is always there in the clubhouse/locker room to help players out or pumping us up for games is @"thecanadiancanuck". I'm thoroughly disappointed, but not surprised, that he did not drop far enough in the draft for NEW to pick him up.

[Image: sBUQCq8.png]

Past Players

[Image: vM4nhAD.png]

[Image: lyezech.gif]
Player Page || Updates
[Image: 15Ng51w.png]         

[Image: ALuyFTR.png]

Reed Kobo - Winger - #33
Player Page- Update Page
Elijah Jones - Winger - #33 Retired
Player Page - Update Page
Toivo Kosonen - Defenseman - #33 Retired
Player PageUpdate Page
[Image: 2ew9foG.png][Image: rnSNsnU.png]
(This post was last modified: 04-08-2020, 11:03 PM by Fitted2106.)

Negotiator- @Z0REM phineas gold no doubt his love of booze woman drugs and the fast lifestyle is an easy way to bring free agents and hot shot rookies into the league no doubt his way of living will bring in the best talent there is out there.

Strategist- @cpetrella
He beat me at civ so that's all that really matters hes a proven winner and will find a way no matter what to take your cake and eat it to, fuck me right.

Scout- @slothfacekilla
The man is a wiz when it comes to finding unsigned rookies even yours truly was a sloth find he is the preeminent scout in the game and truly unrivaled at his ability to find hidden gems.

A clubhouse leader- @ACapitalChicago

A proven winner that can fire the boys up in the room really undisputed in this role the ultimate when it comes to getting everybody's game face on to go kill carole fucking baskins no dought the true tiger king joey weston the ace of spades himself

[Image: Fitted_3.png]

2x 4Star Cup Champ s49 s50

1x commissioners excellence award s 50