Create Account

S54 PT #1 - A New Focus

Our new coach GA told us that our system was going to be built around Gabriel Johnson because Gabe winning any individual award despite how bad his player is would be the ultimate meme. Johnson almost got nominated for the Stevens last season and Stevens is awarded to the best defenseman in the league. So it's pretty funny that he was even considered for the award because he's not really a defenseman, we could replace him with a literal pylon and our team would do better. Maybe Gabe would be a decent winger, Idk. But he's just not a good SHL defenseman. So as a team we're gonna try to make Gabriel Johnson look like an elite defenseman. We will try to make sure he touches the puck before someone scores, or get him in a position to score, and we will do our best to prevent goals against when he's on the ice. That would probably only improve his +/- from -20 to +5 but if he scores 50 points he should have a shot at the award.

Player info | Updates | Stats
SteelhawksCanadaWhalers

[Image: aawil.gif]

I didn’t change anything. I was confident in my build last year and was able to add to areas that felt a little low as the season wore on. I’m nearly at the top of my game TPE wise, so I didn’t feel the need to redistribute. This past season, it was clear some stats were more important than we anticipated, but that was an easy enough fix as I kept earning. The first season definitely gave me some ideas on how to best manage regression looming after this season, but overall… I didn’t use the free rebuild from Head Office. Some people seem adamant about getting 20s in stats, but I just don’t see the point. There’s pretty big diminishing returns on 40 TPE to go up one point in a stat past 17. I’m good where I’m at (and the results last year speak for themselves).

My role remains the same—an elite two-way defender on the top pairing, playing in all situations. That’s been my goal from the day in October 2018 that I joined the site (Ryan Murray without the injuries), and I was unwilling to stray from that. Luckily my GMs have been fine to let me continue on that path.

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

I mainly was able to up my build from the 350 TPE build to the 425 TPE build, so I had a lot of leeway in determining where I would like to go with my player. I decided to get all of the attributes that are crucial to my playmaker build (i.e. passing, puck handling, acceleration.etc.) up to at least 13. Offensive Read was the most important stat that I wanted to upgrade, and I was able to bump it up all the way to 15. I kept most of my defensive stats fairly even, aside from upgrading Defensive Read up to 14. Stamina got a tiny little cump to get to 13, as I believe that's all I need in the SMJHL. I'm gonna be the top centre for Kelowna, and I learned that I need to be a balanced player that provides goals and assists, and helps on the defensive end. To ensure this, I upped my shooting range and accuracy to 9.

Player Page || Update Thread
[Image: ffBCCRQ.png]

My player, Lyle Odelein III, had a decent first season with FHM.  Lyle is being built to be a two-way defenseman, how has some strong offensive tendencies. Last season Lyle scored 7 goals, the most he has scored in his SHL career, which I liked quite a bit.  Lyle still player a responsible defensive game and wasn't afraid to play a physical game.  So when the announcement came out that we could redistribute TPE after the season, there wasn't all that much that I wanted to do with Lyle's build, I was making a well rounded defender and with the redistribution, I did the same.  The coaches in NOLA realized during the season that stamina was a stat that we needed to get up, which I did about half way through the season.  So, all in all, I didn't do all that much with the redistribution, I just keep building Lyle the same way I have been since day one, in hopes to become a great all around defender, who likes to score goals and hopefully raise a cup or two with NOLA!

[Image: Ci4nm13.png]sig by @Bruins10 
Scarecrows   Specters   Canada 

User's perspective: no i have top using

With a season on FHM in the books and a free redistribution gifted by HO for the offseason, what did you decide to change about your player build?

EVERYTHING. New season. New Andrei. is not cheesy words. is true. Look. Before, i have 13 passing. Why ? Stupid. Acceleration ? only 11. wow. And what about stamina ? Only 11. Not matter because coach make me play 5min for game on line 3. But NOW, new season i play line 1. We see today. i scor. we win. Because i have new stamina. TERTEEN ! wow. Strenhthg ? TERTEEN ! Agression ? I STOP. i clean my game. only 5. no waste tpe. Brave ? why i want brave ? stupid ! 5 also. I am PowerForWar player type so i use lot of sunscreening and i easily get open about my fealings. I also during out season have buy many adult magazine so i have exellant offensive reading. i have good shooting range, from slapshot to rist shot to snapchat. i also know many position. you can ask wife. that is why i invest more stamina.

What did you learn from last season's pilot run?

That machine can be broke and ruin a career. i hope they fix fhn before new season because i have ridiculus season.

Dont forget for CHeck out my new build and HIt my post with a like and dont miss next andrei podcast

[Image: cleanandrei.png]

Fileworker PT pass

[Image: RichSHL.gif]
Thanks to sulovilen for the sigs!
Adam Prpich Portal Link

Check out past episodes of Rich and Luke!

User's Perspective:

I didn't change anything because I didn't really see anything that required a whole-sale change. My role will mainly stay the same: the top offensive D on the team, albeit a bit one-dimensional. I have no delusions that Adam is a better defender than his top pairing partner Slip McScruff, who no doubt carries my player on the defensive side of the puck. But the Jets need someone to provide offense from the back end and I'm well situated with my build to do that.

Last season was a productive one for me, but there are certain things I'm aiming for this time around. I have targets in key attributes that I'm aiming to hit, and most of them are in the defensive and physical attribute categories; namely strength, balance, stamina, checking, stickchecking, and defensive read. I think the offensive part of my game is more or less at a good level right now. It's playing without the puck that needs to improve, and I should have some increases in those key stats to hopefully provide a better defensive game for the team. ■

[183 words]

[Image: 9ZNnX19.png]

Canada | Player Page | Grizzlies | Player Updates | Inferno
(This post was last modified: 05-27-2020, 05:15 PM by Jobin.)

While I wasn't a bad player by any means last season, during the off season my coaches wanted me to focus on not getting distracted as easily. It was too easy to drift off in my mind during play because I was only seeing 9 shots a game at times. I'd just be skating back and forth in my crease trying to make pictures in the ice with my skates. (I did a really great portrait of Thor once, but the Zamboni messed it up) Anyways, during the off season I trained my focus. No screens until everything I set for myself to do that day was completed. No games to interrupt my workouts. It was awful. But it's making me a better player on the ice and a more attentive person off the ice. No more distraction... no more daydreaming... the puck is my focus and I am there to stop it. And that's how I'm getting nominated as an all-star again.

[Image: awesomecakes.gif]
[Image: beautifulphoenix.gif]

PBE Welfare Claim

WolfpackBlizzardRaptors  raiders Switzerland  FINN RHYS  Switzerland raiders Raptors Blizzard Wolfpack

[Image: hockey__27674.1518661372.1000.1200.jpg?c=2]

[Image: iOjAcRd.gif]

With the free redistribution I made my build much more straightforward. A lot of my stats are now on 5, and the ones I really want to fucus on are much higher. I can finally say I have pure sniper build. Last season I had trouble getting enough shots. I had an amazing shooting percentage, but didn’t score as much goals as I wanted. This season I hope for much more shots with same shooting percentage. And I should be able to get it! The teammates got better, apparently I have been promoted to the first line for some time and obviously I got better. So I really hope for atleast 25 goasl this season and strong regural season finish for our team. If I will keep playing on the first line I have the great skater Jimmy Wagner who can dish the puck really well and then Dream, who is great all-round player, so I feel like that line is golden and ready to do serious damage.

Doing a podcast, ask me any question: HERE
[Image: unknown.png][Image: sig.png][Image: viticek.png]
Thanks to @caltroit_red_flames and @sve7en for these amazing sigs!

[Image: jpb_workout.png]

Having gone to the finals twice and lost to HAM, JPB is now lifting a 1:1 scale model of Champions Cup to fuel his determination to win and to build his stamina

[Image: nokazoa.gif]

CURRENT PLAYER

[Image: sN8N4xa.png]         [Image: xd5tvj8.png]

FORMER PLAYER

[Image: ktJ2jTl.png]

From a player perspective, I was given a few orders by the coaching staff. The first of which was to maintain as best as possible. That is, at this point I'm getting into regression a bit more. I'm in my second season of regression, and will only be getting worse from here. So the goal ultimately, every season just about, is to maintain as much as possible and make sure I'm able to continue on.

Beyond that, though, we were a bit more focused on what needs to be maintained most of all. That would be speed, and the ability to keep up with the best of them in the league, as well as my defensive abilities. I'm going to have to carry the load defensively to some extent, and I need to be focused on making that happen. And lastly for the offensive side, we know I can read the play and have a mind for the game, but now we know that others are struggling at times in that regard and will be focusing more on shooting the puck when they get it so we need more facilitation. That led me to focus hard on my passing ability and ultimately make it even better than it was before. This is incredibly important to me, and hopefully will have a big impact on improving the scoring ability of players like David Kastrba.

An old man's dream ended. A young man's vision of the future opened wide. Young men have visions, old men have dreams. But the place for old men to dream is beside the fire.
[Image: DOF5tXM.png]
[Image: tjyuut.jpg] 
Thanks to Jackson, Copenhagen, and Harry Hans!

GOING DOWN IN STYLE. TOAST4LYFE

Like previous seasons, my focus has been to help the team I am playing for. The head office in Baltimore gave me some pointers and I have been trying to follow them. I do hope it works in the bottom line and we improve our standing from what we got last season as it makes for more fun for all involved. Maybe not so much our opponents, but still, the thought that counts and whatnot, don'cha know?

Plus, in all fairness, if you want to know what most of my training was consists of me finally beating PSP game Jeanne d'Arc.
Uh... that's not a joke, by the way.
[Image: unknown.png]

I don't really think it improves my player in any particular way although it does get my mind off the rather hectic schedule I've been having. It's kind of why I've been a bit off in updating the Friendly Cup thread too. I believe I'll buckle down and get on to it by tomorrow though.

[Image: d8gycCg.png]
Scarecrows Dragons Czechia
Player Page - Update Page
Outlungus
Former Players: Yoshimitsu McCloud (LW, #64) - Outlaws pride Platoon Jets Aurora Ireland
Won a Four Star Cup once, knew ninjutsu, picture editors hated him, never tried free agency
Anton Harrier (LW, #90) - Battleborn Rage Ireland
Won WJC gold, liked skateboarding a lot, went to the finals with Manhattan, kept his seat glued in LR

After the devasting Challenge Cup loss to the Hamilton Steelhwaks, Toko really went back to basics. A tendency from early in his career that he is now trying to get away from is his defensive prowess. While being better at defense will never hurt (as opposed to passing, Julio's other strength), an excessive focus at having the most possible takeaways will in turn take away from your offensive productivity. As a younger player, that is acceptable, but as a top tier player in my prime, the honus is on me to get the job done.
While my defensive awareness will remain present, I have focused more on my goal-scoring abilities than on my goal preventing ones. My newer build for the new season has a heavy increase in getting open and shooting accuracy and a decrease in checking, stick checking, and shot blocking. All of this season's earned TPE is going into the back of Hamilton's net.

Player Page || Player Updates || Visual History

Player's perspective: What did your coaches ask you to focus on this offseason? Is there anything you're hoping to do better than you did last season? How will you be altering your on-ice play for this season and what did you do in the offseason to prepare you for that?? Are you going to be trying to fit into a new role this season?

Last season I joined the coaching staff at New Orleans as a player-coach. I wasn't contributing as much as I wanted to on the ice, and I wanted to help the team as much as I could off the ice. I've still been working, and there's been a pretty steep learning curve in the coaching aspect, but I'm lucky enough to have a very deep support staff around me and a very supportive group of players who are willing to work with me on and off the ice. I spent most of the offseason reviewing our team's training programs. Last season a lot of our players were lacking physically, myself included, so during the quarantined offseason I was sure to check in with the other players daily and help them with their individual training plans so we could be in the best shape possible come puck drop opening night. For my own game I've worked on shoring up defensively and I'm going to be trying to play more conservatively overall, but especially on offense. I knew I was taking too many shots last year, and from places I shouldn't have been. Hopefully I've worked that out of my system.

[Image: Screen_Shot_2020-07-07_at_12.29.58_PM.png]