Create Account

Poll: Read the writing again ;)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Payment Change
0%
0 0%
Grade the articles!
0%
0 0%
Keep it the same!
0%
0 0%
I'm on the fence
0%
0 0%
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Sorry, Another Poll

Quote:Originally posted by CyanWinters@Sep 21 2012, 08:09 PM

I like this a lot and think it needs to be posted somewhere where it will get more views.

At the end of the day, I'm not really sure how much this all affects me because I'm still new enough here that I don't have the right world view. What I do know is that a grading system will add some additional level of fairness in my mind. I tend to believe that I write pretty good articles. Just doing things like spell checking and using punctuation put me a half step above some people, and I'd like to think that my wit is up there, and the responses I have received have generally served to increase my ego (in a non arrogant way). So, the idea of getting paid more money for less words, but more quality is appealing. I might not have the time or desire to sit down and write 2,000 words of fluff that really only contains 500 words of something interesting. I sit down and write an article that I think is interesting, appealing, and funny and THEN I copy it into Word to get my word count. Most of the time I am somewhat disappointed to see that it doesn't hit a certain number, but at least I stand by everything I have submitted to date as being something legitimately interesting and valuable to the league. So grading = good.

What isn't good is turmoil all around. The system here is difficult and confusing enough, not to mention horribly presented, that I don't really want to have to try and figure out what next weeks rules are going to be every single week. This is not just for media, it's for everything. I don't really care if my player's TPE goes up fast or slow, so long as it goes up at the same rate as everyone else. I don't really care if 100 TPE or 1000 TPE is considered "great". What I do care about is feeling like an idiot every time I open up a new subforum, because they all have their own rules, regulations, and standards and they are all very dynamic, ie they have changed in the less than a month I have been here and continue to do so.

I'm positive that the retention rates here must be pretty awful, and it's clear that recruitment is relatively slow. JPens knows that my first reaction to this forum was "Holy shit that is complicated and gives me a headache". Now this is way off topic and probably belongs in another thread by this point, but I figured since the discussion had started I would weigh in.

I also STILL have no idea if this is meant to be a serious thing, or a semi-serious thing, or a very not serious thing. On one hand articles are supposed to be relevant and not stupid, and the system is certainly complex enough to suggest serious competition. On the other hand we have 6'4 Emma Watson posting articles about her tough workout in preparation for hockey season and people absolutely love it.

At the end of the day the product here is unique and interesting, and I have just enough free time to enjoy it. However if there was any competition to it I think things would have to improve.

Ilike

Trust me, things usually aren't like this :lol:

I'm glad you're enjoying this and i agree it takes a while to get used to everything and you just have to get used to tihs league and its inner workings etc.

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

Quote:Originally posted by Taron47@Sep 22 2012, 03:03 AM
Tbh guys... This perks PBP''s which gets u more money
I have no interest whatsoever in doing pbp's Tongue

[Image: TtSHTwn.png]

Player Page | Update Thread
[Image: VhDOEWm.png]

Quote:Originally posted by JmanPens19@Sep 21 2012, 07:59 PM

Yeah, and its more for the SHL Tongue Because of the training increase.  And I'm really sorry for this waiting period, recruitment drive sucked cause not a lot of people participated...

I don't blame you for the waiting period that's not your fault. Drive sucked since a lot of us newbies don't know wtf was going on until we got a taste for the league outside writing "essays". That way us newbies wrote a lot to get noticed where the re-creates already have a reputation... so we gotta boost our own players extra fast (either stats/bank/etc) to get noticed Smile

C - Kenji Yoshimura  Panthers Kenji Yoshimura Updates Panthers
[Image: BigTittySmitty5.gif]

Code:
Credit to Wasty and Steelhead for the sigs - thanks dudes!

Quote:Originally posted by Donini13@Sep 21 2012, 08:13 PM

and you win a new sexy sig Tongue

:wub: omgz I love your sig! hey, who doesn't like some more publicity? :lol:

Quote:Originally posted by malcontentcapsfan@Sep 22 2012, 03:01 AM

:lol: there's a Rep + for that.  :lol:

Wink
I was actually going to! But I'm on my phone and have to switch to desktop mode to use the rep function so I was gonna wait, but now that you're asking for it I'm not so sure anymore :lol:

Quote:Originally posted by malcontentcapsfan@Sep 21 2012, 08:11 PM

No I meant he should be + my Rep not just quoting me and putting Ilike

You, you win $50k per each 100 words you write in response to this post.  Tongue  :lol:

Wink
Uhm I think think think think that I really really really want to get dat 50k because I really poor. Donini should give me hiz sig cause mine suck compared to da amazing artwork on dat one. Dis post automatically gets me 10 for form becuz my speling and gramer is perfect and u cant touch dis stuff. boom. boom. boom. That was onry 62 werds so heer is moar. OOAP OAP OAP OAP OPPA GANGNAM STYLE EHHHHHHHHH SEXY LADIES OPOPOPOP OPPA GANGNAM STYLE! My fam doesn liek dat song butt i dun now y? cen u helpz?

100... now.

now payz me

Quote:Originally posted by DaveSmith@Sep 21 2012, 08:16 PM

Drive sucked since a lot of us newbies don't know wtf was going on until we got a taste for the league outside writing "essays". Smile

that's the other thing

before this writing articles wasn't like writing essays, it was actually fun. Now with this new "grading" outline it will essentially be like writing essays

that's another reason this was fun because it was kind of like where i'd go to cool down after school....now it's gonna be like school

Quote:Originally posted by Ask@Sep 21 2012, 08:19 PM

I was actually going to! But I'm on my phone and have to switch to desktop mode to use the rep function so I was gonna wait, but now that you're asking for it I'm not so sure anymore :lol:

:lol: Nah, I was just messing with you Ask Wink

[Image: 0QGickG.png]

Riot Player Page Riot
Militia Update Page Militia

Quote:Originally posted by JmanPens19@Sep 21 2012, 08:17 PM

:wub: omgz I love your sig!  hey, who doesn't like some more publicity? :lol:

:wub: ikr

:lol:

Guys btw... Shl has that scale now too... It's a nice change imo

[Image: MaU5eKD.png]
[Image: kECK2tc.png]

Quote:Originally posted by JmanPens19@Sep 21 2012, 08:21 PM

Uhm I think think think think that I really really really want to get dat 50k because I really poor.  Donini should give me hiz sig cause mine suck compared to da amazing artwork on dat one.  Dis post automatically gets me 10 for form becuz my speling and gramer is perfect and u cant touch dis stuff.  boom.  boom. boom.  That was onry 62 werds so heer is moar.  OOAP OAP OAP OAP OPPA GANGNAM STYLE EHHHHHHHHH SEXY LADIES OPOPOPOP OPPA GANGNAM STYLE!  My fam doesn liek dat song butt i dun now y?  cen u helpz?

100... now.

now payz me
I'm not in charge of Media Payments, but I'm sure the Media Director will be by sometime next week to help you out. Now when that money gets to your Bank Account....well....that's another matter. Tongue

Riot Player Page Riot

Quote:Originally posted by DaveSmith@Sep 22 2012, 03:16 AM

I don't blame you for the waiting period that's not your fault. Drive sucked since a lot of us newbies don't know wtf was going on until we got a taste for the league outside writing "essays". That way us newbies wrote a lot to get noticed where the re-creates already have a reputation... so we gotta boost our own players extra fast (either stats/bank/etc) to get noticed Smile
I think you will benefit from this. I came in during the last drive but just missed the draft and signed as a free agent. Had games right away, no money, no rep. And had no idea how the league worked. Good thing I'm a fast learner Wink

Quote:Originally posted by Donini13@Sep 21 2012, 08:22 PM

that's the other thing

before this writing articles wasn't like writing essays, it was actually fun. Now with this new "grading" outline it will essentially be like writing essays

that's another reason this was fun because it was kind of like where i'd go to cool down after school....now it's gonna be like school
Not really.. There is no punishment if it isn't perfect.. But mostly bonus's

[Image: MaU5eKD.png]
[Image: kECK2tc.png]

Quote:Originally posted by JmanPens19@Sep 21 2012, 08:21 PM

Uhm I think think think think that I really really really want to get dat 50k because I really poor.  Donini should give me hiz sig cause mine suck compared to da amazing artwork on dat one.  Dis post automatically gets me 10 for form becuz my speling and gramer is perfect and u cant touch dis stuff.  boom.  boom. boom.  That was onry 62 werds so heer is moar.  OOAP OAP OAP OAP OPPA GANGNAM STYLE EHHHHHHHHH SEXY LADIES OPOPOPOP OPPA GANGNAM STYLE!  My fam doesn liek dat song butt i dun now y?  cen u helpz?

100... now.

now payz me

<object width="460" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bZkp7q19f0"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bZkp7q19f0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="460" height="315"></embed></object>

Quote:Originally posted by Ask@Sep 21 2012, 08:24 PM

I think you will benefit from this. I came in during the last drive but just missed the draft and signed as a free agent. Had games right away, no money, no rep. And had no idea how the league worked. Good thing I'm a fast learner Wink
Same. I had so much fun I tried to do it again! :lol:

Riot Player Page Riot