Create Account

New Grading Template Sep. 24 - Oct. 1

Alright guys so there is going to be a new grading template. This is going to be a trial week and we'll see how it runs, if this week is successful then we shall keep going with this grading template.

Grading Template:

Word Count --> Self Explanatory

Professionalism/Thoroughness --> This helps measure the quality of the article written. Measures if it looks professional like a real Media article, if it is clear they put in some hard work and measures the quality of the content in this article. Marked out of 10.

Interest: --> This area measures if the writer is able to grab and sustain the reader's attention throughout the article. Also, this area measures creativity, is the writer changing up his articles and writing something new or repeating the same old stuff. This includes use of pictures. Marked out of 10.

Form: --> This section evaluate whether the article is a wall of text or is properly broken down into paragraphs. Measures also if proper spelling and grammar is used. Measured out of 10.

Formula for Payment:

Word Count/1250 * Professionalism * Interest * Form

E.g 1138/1250 * 8 * 9 * 9 = 600k Payment

The reasoning for this new grading template is reduced amount of money being given out and circulated. This also rewards people less for their word count and compensates the people who put hard work into their articles and will add into the overall quality of articles being posted.

If you have any questions feel free to PM me and we will discuss it.

ARTICLES MUST BE AT LEAST 150 WORDS

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

Can I suggest a creativity aspect to the grading? That could mean that if someone keeps writing interview articles, like 2 or 3 a week, the overall grade for his articles will go down and he'll earn less.

So someone can't just pump out 3 or 4 interviews about different games during the week to get words and make more money.

[Image: Otrebor13.gif]

[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]  [Image: gdppv5N.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Otrebor13@Sep 22 2012, 01:20 PM
Can I suggest a creativity aspect to the grading? That could mean that if someone keeps writing interview articles, like 2 or 3 a week, the overall grade for his articles will go down and he'll earn less.

So someone can't just pump out 3 or 4 interviews about different games during the week to get words and make more money.

Yeahthat

Quote:Originally posted by Otrebor13@Sep 22 2012, 01:20 PM

Yeah, not gonna add a new category cause that would really mess up the formula but it'll probably be filed under Interest. But there's gotta be standards like for myself, I'm hosting interviews 3 or 4 a day so that won't be deducted under creativity as its not really a choice.

Updated OP

Thanks for your suggestion Smile

Maybe we could add another category for fun. This is supposed to be an enjoyable game right? It should be fun.

[Image: 0QGickG.png]

Riot Player Page Riot
Militia Update Page Militia

Quote:Originally posted by malcontentcapsfan@Sep 22 2012, 01:40 PM
Maybe we could add another category for fun. This is supposed to be an enjoyable game right? It should be fun.

Thats more like Interest, if there's some good humour and its funny you'll probably get a good interest mark.

Quote:Originally posted by JmanPens19@Sep 22 2012, 02:41 PM

Thats more like Interest, if there's some good humour and its funny you'll probably get a good interest mark.

I would hope so. Humor would keep people reading, so imo would essentially be in the interest category

[Image: Otrebor13.gif]

[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]  [Image: gdppv5N.png]

Quote:Originally posted by JmanPens19@Sep 22 2012, 01:41 PM

interest should also be judged on what type of article it is......example if its a fun article, then interest for that article should be based on criteria for a fun article, whereas if it's for a hockey article then interest should be based on criteria for a hockey article

would avoid lots of confusion/complaining

Quote:Originally posted by Donini13@Sep 22 2012, 01:48 PM

interest should also be judged on what type of article it is......example if its a fun article, then interest for that article should be based on criteria for a fun article, whereas if it's for a hockey article then interest should be based on criteria for a hockey article

would avoid lots of confusion/complaining

Yeah thats pretty much what it is. I'd like to keep the Media Articles at least somewhat hockey related, but things like your NWJHL Weekly articles are good. And if you check the old poll you'll see from my grading that I gave it good marks that I felt it deserved.

Quote:Originally posted by JmanPens19@Sep 22 2012, 01:54 PM

Yeah thats pretty much what it is.  I'd like to keep the Media Articles at least somewhat hockey related, but things like your NWJHL Weekly articles are good.  And if you check the old poll you'll see from my grading that I gave it good marks that I felt it deserved.

ya it got a good grade

i was just suggesting what i said to avoid any conflict in the future

this only starts monday btw right?

Quote:Originally posted by Donini13@Sep 22 2012, 02:03 PM

ya it got a good grade

i was just suggesting what i said to avoid any conflict in the future

this only starts monday btw right?

yeah I know, I was just using it as an example.

And yeah it starts monday, old scale applies until then

This begins as soon as I post the grading which will be round 5. Good luck to all in the draft. Don't worry to much bout where you're drafted, I went 4th round Smile

Quote:Originally posted by JmanPens19@Sep 24 2012, 11:10 AM
This begins as soon as I post the grading which will be round 5.  Good luck to all in the draft.  Don't worry to much bout where you're drafted, I went 4th round Smile

That's because you are a trouble maker :lol:

C - Kenji Yoshimura  Panthers Kenji Yoshimura Updates Panthers
[Image: BigTittySmitty5.gif]

Code:
Credit to Wasty and Steelhead for the sigs - thanks dudes!

Quote:Originally posted by DaveSmith@Sep 24 2012, 11:27 AM

That's because you are a trouble maker  :lol:

I became a trouble maker after I was drafted :hmph:

Or maybe because it seems like everyone has a stick up where the sun don't shine :ph34r:

:lol:

Please do last weeks earnings <3